worst nfl players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst nfl players

unifiedtheory said:
To be fair to Boz his career was derailed by arthritic shoulders.

To be a bust in my opinion, you have to have failed for no other reason then your inability to grasp the NFL game and improve.

I think, if your career was drastically affected by injuries you get a pass (Boz, Ki-Jana Carter, players of that ilk were stopped because of inury).

Players like Ryan Leaf (biggest bust ever in my opinion...take a look at what the Chargers gave up to move up and get him), David Klingler, Andre Ware, Andre Wadsworth, Audray Bruce, Bruce Pickens (among hundreds of others) are flat out busts.

It just shows how much a crapshoot the NFL draft can be.
to be a huge bust IMO you have to enter the league with a TON of hype. injuries or not, to have a lot of hype and to not succeed makes you a bust i believe. you mentioned audray bruce, who was expected to be the next LT. andre ware was supposed to light up the run and shoot with the lions in the early 90s. akili smith was considered great enough for the browns to make their franchise QB (tim couch is a bust, too, although at least he had a good year or two). tony mandrich is also a monstrous bust. he was nothing but a product of hype. any scout will tell you he was just an average blocker. his physical ability got him drafted so high, which didn't translate at all to the next level. thankfully, teams have gotten somewhat smarter since then.

HuskerFin said:
Tony Mandarich is the lineman. Rick Mirer, Blair Thomas, John Avery, the Dolphins defensive selections in the mid to late 80s (first round.) are a few I think of off the top of my head.

Rick Mirer was rookie of the year, so scratch him.

SMadison29 said:
Right now it's Alex Smith.

Give him time and he should be a decent starting QB, nothing special. He's ridiculously young atleast, that's what'll help him...

Jaj said:
Give him time and he should be a decent starting QB, nothing special. He's ridiculously young atleast, that's what'll help him...

Give him more time & he'll prove he's the worst #1 pick of all-time.

Maurice Clarett.....he washed out in Denver before even getting into a preseason game.

Ki-Jana Carter, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Blair Smith.

SMadison29 said:
Give him more time & he'll prove he's the worst #1 pick of all-time.

i do have to agree with this, he was worth a late 1st round pick but not a number one, dumb pick by the 49ers, they should of picked a running back, but then we would of ended up with Alex so im glad they didnt

FinsAreLife said:
i do have to agree with this, he was worth a late 1st round pick but not a number one, dumb pick by the 49ers, they should of picked a running back, but then we would of ended up with Alex so im glad they didnt

at the time of the draft i was hoping the niners would'nt take Smith but now i am so happy they did :D

Back
Top Bottom