Would a close game sunday 7 pts or fewer be a moral victory for you? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would a close game sunday 7 pts or fewer be a moral victory for you?

Stomping the piss out of the Texans and then burning their field to ashes would be a moral victory.

Moral victories are for suckers. I'm only happy if we win.

I want to WIN. But if I had to choose between a close game, and getting killed, I'd prefer the former.

Dad in me says yes. As I get older, moral victories have a greater tendancy to creep in.

I remember the Colts game from a few years back, we crushed the Colts in every aspect of the game, except we could not stop Manning at the end to only lose.

The Saints game couple seasons back where we had a huge lead at half and to only let it slip away assisted by a blown TD call for the saints

So my answer is no, I want a Victory by points every game!

I hear ya . . . losing a close heart breaker could be the worst thing that could happen to our young team.

A shocking win would be amazing and unlikely but if the Dolphins manage a respectable loss will that soothe some of your concerns or is it all about the "Ws"?

NOOO, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Sometimes it is the one and two point losses that hurt more than the blowouts, and the Texans have found numerous ways to beat us by a field goal or less.

Many experts have the Texans in the hunt for the Super Bowl. If we go there and play it close...definitely a boost for this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some of us have a different view of this game. To me it will be a moral victory if Houston still have their starters in at halftime. Losing by only a touchdown would be a MIRACLE!!!!

Call me a "loser" because I would consider that major progress from what I observed in the preseason. I will evaluate with the P.I.E. Principle.

Would it make me feel better about the team going forward, yes. Will it matter in the grand scheme of things if we get a moral victory, no. We have had that label of being a tough team to play while we have been winning 6-8 games the last couple of years. A lot of close losses that didn't amount to anything. Even a win won't make me think were back because 1 game does not a season make. This team will have to earn my trust again. That being said I am excited for the year to start.

Nope.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Oh Palmer.UR not ta whore.

Back
Top Bottom