Would Griese be a distraction? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Griese be a distraction?

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He was in Denver, and we all know about his "outside" problems. The dog trips him up every now and then...

This has been talked to death, but like Ricky, he had problems in the past, maybe all he needs is a fresh start.

Beyond his off the field behavior, I think he is already a distraction. With a QB named Griese in Miami not starting, I don't think you can expect people not to clamor for him to take over ... especially with the underappriciated Jay Fielder starting.

"Would Griese be a distraction?"

no.....but he's becoming one now.

with fans yes. team i dont think so we have agreat core of guys with good attitudes and fiedlers a class act like him or not.

it's hard to tell about him he was in footballs equivilent of hell in cincy, as far as fans i dont think the pressure would be applied as for griese.

No to Smith. We already had a Lucas on our team.I think if this contract gets done then it won't be a distraction. We all just hate to wait.

The Dink?

I don't understand where some of you guys get the idea that Griese can throw the long ball with any degree of success.

The more I read about this guy the less I want him on this team. He's a prima donna and I think the silver spoon that he was born with seems to be lodged firmly between his cheeks.....the ones in the nether region. He will come here and complain about his role if he isn't the starter and suck balls if he is the starter....IMO, it's a lose lose situation.

Originally posted by Prime Time
This has been talked to death, but like Ricky, he had problems in the past, maybe all he needs is a fresh start.

this comparison is not valid. ricky has a legitimate disorder which required counseling and medication. he was ready to go to work the second his plane landed in miami even though(in new orleans) he signed the SINGLE WORST contract in NFL history. griese is a drunk and a liar. now he and his agent are pussyfooting around. what has he done to demand a chance to start after being fired from his previous job, one in which he was surrounded by some of the best offensive talent in football led by one of the best offensive minds in football.

Yes, he will be a distraction, but IMO it would be worth it to have a capable backup.

Back
Top Bottom