Would Kay Jay play FB or HB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Kay Jay play FB or HB?

Cedric_Benson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I thinking it would be cool for him to play FB. and maybe get to start. But im not sure how saban runs his offense...

Then again it would be cool to see him carry the ball a couple of times for positive yardage. But i do want to see him start!

I see us with one full time FB on the roster and with most of our HBs showing up from time to time as FB to get multiple guys in the game. Harris and Morris would definitely be good candidates for that split duty. You could see Brown there too if there is a good reason for him to do it.

I can see Kay Jay Harris and Sammy Morris in a battle for the "Moe Williams" back in training camp, with the loser, unfortunately, possibly cut.

According to Troy Stratford on QAM earlier, he seemed very high on Harris. Said a lot of nice things.

I thought he would be very good at a FB posistion because he's a big power back that likes to run over you....

Thats why i figured he'd be good a the FB posistion

i remember that the vikes had a good few runningbacks....Onterio Smith, Michael Bennet, Moe Williams, and Mewelde Moore..maybe we should keep all of ours but Minor

Unless he's a very good lead blocker, he won't be playing FB. And since he's always been a HB, I doubt he's a good lead blocker.

Ughh do a little research the Vikings don't use a Fullback they use a H-Back and that's Heath Evans. I'm guessing Morris becomes our backup H-Back.

Kay-Jay is going to be our prime backup IMO (Gordon will be the change of pace runner at first).

Jaj said:
Ughh do a little research the Vikings don't use a Fullback they use a H-Back and that's Heath Evans. I'm guessing Morris becomes our backup H-Back.

Kay-Jay is going to be our prime backup IMO (Gordon will be the change of pace runner at first).

That's all fine and good, but you need to look at the URL. We're not the Vikings, and you shouldn't assume that we're getting a carbon copy of the offense Linehan ran up there.

Look at our roster! Does it look like to you that we are signing lead blocking FBs?

Kay-Jay was beyond horrible in the Senior Bowl. That's why he didn't get drafted. Hopefully it was just a bad game.

Jaj said:
Look at our roster! Does it look like to you that we are signing lead blocking FBs?

Does it look like we're signing an abundance of H-back or TE types?

Our personnel is very different than what Linehan had in Minnesota. His two best players were freaks of nature of the sort we don't have, and none of his RBs were close to Ronnie's quality. His OL situation was also pretty darn different.

It is certainly possible that despite all of this, Linehan is porting the Viking O to Miami. It isn't a lock, though.

Who was the other freak of nature Culpepper?

Heath Evans is a H-Back. Morris was said to be used in the Moe Williams use. Minnesota's personnel was not Ungodly as some think. This team has plenty of talent on the offense.

Jaj said:
Who was the other freak of nature Culpepper?

Heath Evans is a H-Back. Morris was said to be used in the Moe Williams use. Minnesota's personnel was not Ungodly as some think. This team has plenty of talent on the offense.

Yeah, the other freak of nature is Culpepper. There aren't likely to ever be QBs in Miami like him. He's the size of a LB with very nice mobility and a very nice arm. Vick is more of a freak, but he's the only QB who rates higher in that category if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom