Would Phillip Lindsay complete our backfield? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Phillip Lindsay complete our backfield?

If we can snag Lindsay or Carson on a team friendly deal then we should be on it for sure. We'll be able to focus on WR, edge rusher, and O-Line in the draft if we could pull it off.

Lindsay or Carson
Gaskin
Brown
Ahmed

That's a solid back field no doubt.

Yes, yes he would.

Gaskin, Brown Ahmed and either Lindsay or Carson would finish our backfield... we could then bargain hunt in the fourth or fifth. Gainwell, Sermon, Hubbard... there are others that we could get this late. Players will a very solid shot of being productive pro RBs.

If Flo decides to do this 'the Patriot Way', he likely won't draft a RB.

Ya I like the sound of that. However, the OL has to take a step forward for any major improvement to happen.m, although the bar is/was low at the RB position

Additionally, RBs are viewed as a final piece kind of investment so I’m ok with waiting until 2022 to grab a top guy if we need that kind of addition still.

I think you have to try and take a late round flyer on new legs to add to the roster. I like Pooka Williams (Kansas) and Javian Hawkins (Louisville) as a late round adds.

I would not do anything with Byron Jones that kicks the can down the road, moneywise. It was a bad get by Miami. Not terrible player, but a terrible buy. I want to be free of that mistake ASAP.
What really sucks is that the stupid fkn Bears just got a pitchfork up the kiester in CapHell and had to release a Very Good corner (way better than Byron Jones) and someone's gonna pick him up for a quarter of what we're paying Jones. Wish we could be that team.

Stop it. Even in a down year this year, Jones has been better than fuller last two years.

I would not do anything with Byron Jones that kicks the can down the road, moneywise. It was a bad get by Miami. Not terrible player, but a terrible buy. I want to be free of that mistake ASAP.
What really sucks is that the stupid fkn Bears just got a pitchfork up the kiester in CapHell and had to release a Very Good corner (way better than Byron Jones) and someone's gonna pick him up for a quarter of what we're paying Jones. Wish we could be that team.

this is ass backwards the last thing you want to do for a player not performing up to their contract is give ’em more guaranteed money. That just makes it harder to get out of the contract. Food for thought jones and X allowed us to play the D we did last year . The number 2 D in the NFL last year.

I like Lindsay a lot. He’s a pro bowl RB that’s only 26 yrs old. Playmaker

Ooof that one does hurt.

Since he was signed I moved this to the draft forum

Signed for JUST 3.25 million, we dropped the ball on that one...

Ewww no way. Lindsy would by far be our best rb. Carson is not a healthy player. Still prefer draft in 2nd.
Chris Carson is at least twice the RB that Phillip Lindsay is.

Denver chose Mike Boone over retaining Lindsay.

He signed with Houston for $3.25 mil for one year.

Seattle retained Carson by paying him over $14 mil for two seasons (with a third year option that would make it about 3 years 25 mil).

We aren't really talking the same caliber of players here.

See how the draft goes. You could squeak by with Gaskin, Brown and Ahmad. You could also bring in someone like Duke Johnson or one of the free agents that will still be on the market post draft.

I like Phillip Lindsay, but he is not the big pounding back we need. I still like Javonte Williams at 36.

Back
Top Bottom