Would Saban have drafted Frye if he had a shot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Saban have drafted Frye if he had a shot?

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Im kind of ticked like a lot of you that we didnt draft a QB. What really ticks me off is that we could have taken Charlie Frye in the 3rd with OUR 3rd rounder, not the one from St. Louis. Cleveland pulled him out from under us. This guy scored just 2 points less than Smith on the Wonderlics (Frye scored 38), has a great arm, great decision making, and great pocket presence. It wont surprise me if he turns out to be the best QB that came out of this draft.

All that is good and all, but do you guys think Saban would have passed him up or was he on the radar?

Well, he is known not to have a big strong arm, and I can't see how that will help him in Clevelands wind and weather. But I wanted him or Fitzpatrick also.

I think Crowder was his pick.. if you look how he drafted.

He took 3 guys on day that beat up on LSU, he drafted a LSU player at 4, let Houck pick at 5 and Vickerson is a guy I think Saban recruited.

No, we already used a second round pick this year on a QB, no need to waste any more picks. Saban was not going to pick a QB unless maybe if Alex Smith had fallen to us, and even then he probably would have been able to get the trade we were trying to get all along.

finsnchips said:
I think Crowder was his pick.. if you look how he drafted.

He took 3 guys on day that beat up on LSU, he drafted a LSU player at 4, let Houck pick at 5 and Vickerson is a guy I think Saban recruited.

This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks fishnships.

I was primed to see us draft Frye Saturday night. Cleveland nabbed him 1 or 2 slots ahead of us. I think Saban wanted to pick Frye. I am glad it didn't fall out where Saban actually PASSED on the guy or I would be even more angry than I am. I would like to believe that we had 2 or 3 guys stolen right out from under our noses- Smith and Greene also.

Saban, DO SOMETHING to get us a QB! This franchise has suffered long enough! Show that that you want to address QB with something other than castoffs and projects.

Trade For Rivers!!!! :yell: :yell: :yell:

Are you so sure that Feeley will start instead of Frerotte? There will be no politics in this year's QB cast. Saban will play the guy that gives them the best chance to win.

Oh yeah I almost forgot..

:monkeyr:

inFINSible said:
Enjoy watching Feeley this year. :)

Jnaledu3 said:
Im kind of ticked like a lot of you that we didnt draft a QB. What really ticks me off is that we could have taken Charlie Frye in the 3rd with OUR 3rd rounder, not the one from St. Louis. Cleveland pulled him out from under us. This guy scored just 2 points less than Smith on the Wonderlics (Frye scored 38), has a great arm, great decision making, and great pocket presence. It wont surprise me if he turns out to be the best QB that came out of this draft.

All that is good and all, but do you guys think Saban would have passed him up or was he on the radar?

I was thinking about the Frye with our original third rounder also during the third round..............Spielman/Wanny really messed this team up.

I Do think he might have, but you never know, maybe hes sold on AJ Feeley, I hope hes right.

I don't think he would take him over Crowder though, that was a real steal in round 3.

Jnaledu3 said:
Are you so sure that Feeley will start instead of Frerotte? There will be no politics in this year's QB cast. Saban will play the guy that gives them the best chance to win.
Like Wanny? I doubt that. Saban will make sure he finds out whether AJ can do it or not. He's not going to *****foot around naming a starter, he's going to name AJ the starter and let him lose the job, if that's what is going to happen.

The "best chance to win on Sunday", may not necessarily be the best thing for the future of this team. Finding out what AJ can do this year is of paramount importance, and I'm sure that Saban understands that. Even if you don't.

inFINSible said:
Like Wanny? I doubt that. Saban will make sure he finds out whether AJ can do it or not. He's not going to *****foot around naming a starter, he's going to name AJ the starter and let him lose the job, if that's what is going to happen.

The "best chance to win on Sunday", may not necessarily be the best thing for the future of this team. Finding out what AJ can do this year is of paramount importance, and I'm sure that Saban understands that. Even if you don't.

AJ will get a shot. And he will have every oppurtunity to prove that he should be the QB in practice and in training camp. If he stinks in practice like he usually does, and Frerotte is better- do you actually think that Saban is going to start Feeley "just because"? He wont.

Also, dont rule Sage out either. Sage is smarter than Feeley and will be able to pick up the offense faster, not only that but he can actually read a defense.

Back
Top Bottom