Would Saban have drafted Frye if he had a shot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Saban have drafted Frye if he had a shot?

I don't think he would have picked a QB in this draft...with us addressing that in free agency, I think he wants to give Feeley every opportunity. I think he gives him this year and then picks one up next year if Feeley doesn't pan out.

Jnaledu3 said:
AJ will get a shot. And he will have every oppurtunity to prove that he should be the QB in practice and in training camp. If he stinks in practice like he usually does, and Frerotte is better- do you actually think that Saban is going to start Feeley "just because"? He wont.

Also, dont rule Sage out either. Sage is smarter than Feeley and will be able to pick up the offense faster, not only that but he can actually read a defense.
Yeah, I saw Sage reading a defense. He knew exactly where the defender was going to be 3 times. What was it, his third year in the same offense? Hooboy, he's quick as rust.

Feeley won't be a horrible practice player on Saban's team. Book that.

Jnaledu3 said:
AJ will get a shot. And he will have every oppurtunity to prove that he should be the QB in practice and in training camp. If he stinks in practice like he usually does, and Frerotte is better- do you actually think that Saban is going to start Feeley "just because"? He wont.

Also, dont rule Sage out either. Sage is smarter than Feeley and will be able to pick up the offense faster, not only that but he can actually read a defense.

Yea, is this the same Sage that couldn't beat out Ears ?? Sage doesn't have the experience to be competent at reading defenses...I'm not so sure that Feeley does, although once the OL started to gel a little he show some savvy in the pocket...but mostly he was running for his life back there. We'll see how things go...it's way too early to tell.

inFINSible said:
Yeah, I saw Sage reading a defense. He knew exactly where the defender was going to be 3 times. What was it, his third year in the same offense. Hooboy, he's quick as rust.

Feeley won't be a horrible practice player on Saban's team. Book that.

Well according to the players and coaches, Sage was very sharp in his practices- Feeley was not. We will see if that trend continues in the new offense. BTW, Rosenfels wonderlic score was 32, where as Feeley scored a 19. He is a more intelligent player, an asset that is critical in Saban's eyes.

QB scores

LarryFinFan said:
Yea, is this the same Sage that couldn't beat out Ears ?? Sage doesn't have the experience to be competent at reading defenses...I'm not so sure that Feeley does, although once the OL started to gel a little he show some savvy in the pocket...but mostly he was running for his life back there. We'll see how things go...it's way too early to tell.

Give me a break, Sage was never given the oppurtunity to even compete with Fiedler.

Jnaledu3 said:
If he stinks in practice like he usually does, and Frerotte is better- do you actually think that Saban is going to start Feeley "just because"? He wont.

Right here is reason enough to cut feeley today. If Sage Rosenfels is better than feeley at ANYTHING connected with QBing skills, that answers all quetions right there that we don't need the guy. He is NOT smart and he CANNOT read a defense. It's more about what's between the ears than anything else. No matter how strong the guy's arm is, he is ZERO without a brain. I agree with jnaledu about Rosenfels being ahead of feeley in those areas. Why do you think I am so upset that everyone seems to be OK with status quo... or with taking a reach on Brock Berlin? What a joke.

We didnt have a chance at him and I like the Crowder pick a lot. I'm not mad that we didnt take a QB because I think it would have been a mistake to reach and take a QB just so we can say we took a QB.

dolphingator said:
Right here is reason enough to cut feeley today. If Sage Rosenfels is better than feeley at ANYTHING connected with QBing skills, that answers all quetions right there that we don't need the guy. He is NOT smart and he CANNOT read a defense. It's more about what's between the ears than anything else. No matter how strong the guy's arm is, he is ZERO without a brain. I agree with jnaledu about Rosenfels being ahead of feeley in those areas. Why do you think I am so upset that everyone seems to be OK with status quo... or with taking a reach on Brock Berlin? What a joke.

Rosenfels even has the stronger arm! The players have even said this. Not only that but he has some mobility as well.

The only reason Sage never got a shot until the last game was because of Wannys lust for Fiedler and Spielmans preference of Feeley. Sage didnt have someone with authority pulling for him.

TGall13 said:
I don't think he would have picked a QB in this draft...with us addressing that in free agency, I think he wants to give Feeley every opportunity. I think he gives him this year and then picks one up next year if Feeley doesn't pan out.

I agree. Plus to pick up a QB and have them beat AJ out would mean we totally blew a top 2nd round pick, which would be very embarrassing to the organisation. Not that Saban cares about that though, I'm sure. But one of his main aims is obviously to get younger on defense, which we've taken great steps towards; and getting a running game back, which should in theory at least give Feeley a better chance next season.

Jnaledu3 said:
Well according to the players and coaches, Sage was very sharp in his practices- Feeley was not. We will see if that trend continues in the new offense. BTW, Rosenfels wonderlic score was 32, where as Feeley scored a 19. He is a more intelligent player, an asset that is critical in Saban's eyes.

QB scores
Dan Marino scored a 9. Jay Feidler was an Ivy league grad. We'll see how important any of that is when Sage is sitting on the bench......in Seattle. After Berlin takes his third string spot on the roster.

DonShula84 said:
We didnt have a chance at him and I like the Crowder pick a lot. I'm not mad that we didnt take a QB because I think it would have been a mistake to reach and take a QB just so we can say we took a QB.
Hey someone who actually understands football and management!

I'm no Feeley fan, but there simply wasn't anything out there worth our time this year.

Jnaledu3 said:

QB scores

And what was Marino's score? That's right, 14(according to your list) I thought is was lower. As well all know Marino had no clue on how to read a defense. :rolleyes:

Jnaledu3 said:

QB scores

Being good in practice doesn't win football games

BlitPhinFan said:
And what was Marino's score? That's right, 14. As well all know Marino had no clue on how to read a defense. :rolleyes:

I bet Marino's 40 time was slower than Sage's too :lol:

Hummer H23 said:
I bet Marino's 40 time was slower than Sage's too :lol:

Hmm.. I was wondering if he ever actually completed that 40 yet? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom