Would the outcome of the superbowl be the same... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the outcome of the superbowl be the same...

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
if the refs had called a fair game? I think it would but I have some friends who are Seattle fans and they felt that they should of won this game but the refs made it impossible for them. I feel that the Steelers still outplayed the Hawks in the 2nd half of the game and would have won anyway. The Steelers fooled the Seahawks on a trick play, they outgained the Hawks on the ground and Stevens after talking all that **** couldn't hold onto the ball. thoughts?

it would have been close but based on what went down the score would be 17-14

PhinSoldia said:
it would have been close but based on what went down the score would be 17-14
Seahawks?

I don't think it would have been the same at all. Both teams would have followed different gameplans had certain calls be made correctly.

The game was called fair. These "bad calls" are being blown out of proportion. Whatever though, I'm tired of the discussion. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. That's that. Seattle and all their fans can cry all the way through the off season. Doesn't change a thing.

SCall13 said:
The game was called fair. These "bad calls" are being blown out of proportion. Whatever though, I'm tired of the discussion. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. That's that. Seattle and all their fans can cry all the way through the off season. Doesn't change a thing.
I'm with ya, I just wanted to discuss it one last time

Bad Pass interferecnce call so it should be 7-0

Big Ben didnt get in so it should be 7-0, or 7-3, possibly 7-7 if they go for it on fourth

Play before halftime the WR got his left foot in and kicked the pylon with his right- 14-7/14-3

75 yard run 14-14/14-10

Terrible holding call or else seattle is on the 1 yard line so lets assume the MVP does score 21-14/21-10

Trick play TD 21-21/21-17

Basically if everything goes the same without the dumb calls, it comes down to a coaching decision by the Steelers after Ben doesnt get the TD, if they go for a TD and get it its a tie, if they dont then they lose

Of course things wouldnt go the same but im saying IF they did

Alex22 said:

Big Ben didnt get in so it should be 7-0, or 7-3, possibly 7-7 if they go for it on fourth

Play before halftime the WR got his left foot in and kicked the pylon with his right- 14-7/14-3

75 yard run 14-14/14-10

Terrible holding call or else seattle is on the 1 yard line so lets assume the MVP does score 21-14/21-10

Basically if everything goes the same without the dumb calls, it comes down to a coaching decision by the Steelers after Ben doesnt get the TD, if they go for a TD and get it its a tie, if they dont then they lose

That trick play probably would never have happened if Seattle had scored on that drive. Pittsburgh did it cause they ahd great field position after that Hasselbeck penalty.

bad calls are made all the time, its part of the game. you cant really complain about losing because of a bad call or an injury. even if some of the play-calling was more fair, i thnk the steelers would still have won it. they are the SB champs, thats the final word and its the only one that matters.

dol_fan_81 said:
bad calls are made all the time, its part of the game. you cant really complain about losing because of a bad call or an injury. even if some of the play-calling was more fair, i thnk the steelers would still have won it. they are the SB champs, thats the final word and its the only one that matters.

There is a difference between 1 bad call and 5 or 6 bad calls that all cost you scores

We can all say that the NFL likes the Patriots and they get extra calls but the steelers and we turn our back and say never?

Face it the NFL has its stories, this year it was the underdog steelers and Jerome Bettis coming home after defying all odds to play the superbowl in his home town

The NFL has lost a lot of credibility with me the last few years and really has me wondering

I don't think Ben got in the end zone, and have no idea how that call was made. I used to officiated some high school games for one year, and the game was one of the worst called i've seen. I'm trying to think of the worst call of the game, whether it was the RT missing a hold, or Hasselbeck getting a penalty for making a tackle. Funny how the "best run sports league," has guys determining the outcome of the biggest game of the year on sundays, then going to work regular jobs the rest of the week. It's a joke, the NFL needs full-time officials. Seattle wins if the game is called correctly. Madden and Michaels even mentioned that their is a certain area of the field the Cowher likes to run gadget plays, and without the Hasselbeck 15 yd penalty I don't think they run the reverse pass. It's all a matter of opinion, but Pittsburgh is the worst Sb champion I can think of in a long time.

Alex22 said:
There is a difference between 1 bad call and 5 or 6 bad calls that all cost you scores

We can all say that the NFL likes the Patriots and they get extra calls but the steelers and we turn our back and say never?

Face it the NFL has its stories, this year it was the underdog steelers and Jerome Bettis coming home after defying all odds to play the superbowl in his home town

The NFL has lost a lot of credibility with me the last few years and really has me wondering
Every game will have blown calls, but having every call seemingly go for one team is why conspiracy theorists believe the game was fixeed. Does anyone remember the final odds for the game? Was it still at 4 or 4 1/2?

Alex22 said:

i understand but its not really a valid excuse, if it hapenned to the dolphins i would be outraged, but as soon as the next play is snapped, its not gonna change and you have to accept what the refs decision is. mistakes happen, but yes i have seen some very bad calling from the refs this year. its just part of the game that although we may not like, will stay. (untill we get a super computer,,,,, or they start hiring refs with half a brain! :tongue: )

Alex22 said:

75 yard run 14-14/14-10

Exactly. Throw in the fact that Pittsburgh would constantly have had to play catch up (not their strong suit) and it seems to me the Seahawks would've likely won but then we'll never know. This is the problem with the age of parity. In the past, you could expect teams to overcome bad officiating but since no team is great anymore, a one sided refereeing called game will usually tilt the game towards the beneficiary. I keep hearing how the Steelers were able to overcome the refs but it took Vanderjagt to shank the FG for them to win a game that shouldve been over at halftime. The Seahawks got robbed and the best spin I can put on it is thank God it wasn't us in that game. Being a Dolphin fan, I know what it's like to constantly have to beat both the team you're playing and the refs. We'll be there soon and I'm sure that after this fiasco, the refs won't be deciding any SuperBowls for a long time to come

Back
Top Bottom