Would the outcome of the superbowl be the same... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the outcome of the superbowl be the same...

Alex22 said:
Bad Pass interferecnce call so it should be 7-0

Big Ben didnt get in so it should be 7-0, or 7-3, possibly 7-7 if they go for it on fourth

Play before halftime the WR got his left foot in and kicked the pylon with his right- 14-7/14-3

75 yard run 14-14/14-10

Terrible holding call or else seattle is on the 1 yard line so lets assume the MVP does score 21-14/21-10

Trick play TD 21-21/21-17

Basically if everything goes the same without the dumb calls, it comes down to a coaching decision by the Steelers after Ben doesnt get the TD, if they go for a TD and get it its a tie, if they dont then they lose

Of course things wouldnt go the same but im saying IF they did
The "bad pass interference call" was not that bad...it was ticky tack BUT it was offensive pass interference.

Ben did get in. The officials called it a touchdown and the replay did not show DEFINITIVE evidence to the contrary so arguing it is pointless.

The "terrible holding call" was a holding call. Should it have been called at that point of the biggest game of the year? That is debatable but, Locklear hooked his arm underneath the rusher who had beaten him around the corner...it was a hold.

I don't know why I'm commenting on this though...you're still probably thinking you were right on the Troy P. interception ruling.

unifiedtheory said:
The "bad pass interference call" was not that bad...it was ticky tack BUT it was offensive pass interference.
so when the cb grabbed the wr's arm a few seconds prior to the wr extending his arm that wasn't defensive pass interference?:shakeno:

the question is, how many of you seahawk appologists would make the same complaints had they gone in Seahawks's favor?

Wildbill3 said:
the question is, how many of you seahawk appologists would make the same complaints had they gone in Seahawks's favor?

Well, me for one. I find it hard to believe that any more than a tiny percentage of the people pointing out the lousy calls are Seahawk fans. I was actually rooting for Pittsburgh. I think most of the country was.

But when a game is that poorly officiated it shouldn't matter who you are a fan of, any fans of the NFL should be concerned.

If Miami was in the Seahawks position, I'd be pissed.

And frankly, if Miami was in Pittsburghs postion right now I'd be a little pissed. Pittsburg didn't need their championship tainted by loousy refereeing.

Wildbill3 said:

And another way to look at it is: How many of you officiating apologists would feel the same way if Miami finally got back to the superbowl and the officials blew that many calls... all against Miami.

I think I know the honest answer to that question.

nopony said:
And another way to look at it is: How many of you officiating apologists would feel the same way if Miami finally got back to the superbowl and the officials blew that many calls... all against Miami.

I think I know the honest answer to that question.
Honestly, being a Miami fan, I'd be biased towards my own team, I'd be more pissed if my team gave up and rolled over everytime a call didn't go their way though. The Seahawks did not cope with adversity, which is a sign of a champion. The coaching staff of the seahawks let those players down.

Wildbill3 said:
Honestly, being a Miami fan, I'd be biased towards my own team, I'd be more pissed if my team gave up and rolled over everytime a call didn't go their way though. The Seahawks did not cope with adversity, which is a sign of a champion. The coaching staff of the seahawks let those players down.

I'd be pissed, too. Especially at the recievers and the clock management. They were abysmmal.

But the biggest problem with all this is that Seattle out-played the Steelers. But the bad calls kept happening at the very worst times. Perhaps they could have overcome a normal assortment of bad calls... but when they come continuously when you are scoring or on the verge of scoring you don't really have a chance.

And it's irritating because I think Pittsburgh was a great team that was a ton of fun to watch through the playoffs. But in this game, both teams played like crap... but the bad officiating only went one way. And if the officiating had been on target it might have turned into a really good game in the second half.

nopony said:
I'd be pissed, too. Especially at the recievers and the clock management. They were abysmmal.

But the biggest problem with all this is that Seattle out-played the Steelers. But the bad calls kept happening at the very worst times. Perhaps they could have overcome a normal assortment of bad calls... but when they come continuously when you are scoring or on the verge of scoring you don't really have a chance.

And it's irritating because I think Pittsburgh was a great team that was a ton of fun to watch through the playoffs. But in this game, both teams played like crap... but the bad officiating only went one way. And if the officiating had been on target it might have turned into a really good game in the second half.
yeah, they really outplayed them if they let what, 4 "bad" calls dictate how they would finish the game? The coaches owe the seahawk fans an apology, not the refs.

And letting the steelers complete a 75 yard record breaking run, and a trick touchdown pass doesn't equate to "outplaying" the other team. If the seahawks were better prepared, and had more discipline, those plays never would've happened.

flintsilver7 said:
Not that I expect more from you, but...

Assumption 4: The holding call was incorrect. As I have pointed out - as have other NFL analysts - Locklear hooked the defender, which is explicity disallowed by the rules. If you want to ***** that it wasn't called on other plays, maybe it wasn't. I've seen no proof of Steelers holding that was not called. I have seen several instances of Seattle holding that was not called. Regardless, the defender was hooked. This is textbook holding.

I guess you can also overlook the fact that the DE jumped early on two consecutive plays including that one, and that there's 'textbook holding' on just about every play. Sure, why the hell not? I know some people hate 'whiny losers' enough to ***** about people talking about bad calls, but come on. I don't think "THE FING REFS COST US THE GAME THEY SHOULD DIE!" We aren't bitching about our team losing. All were saying is that maye, just MAYBE, it's not the best idea to completely ignore that a whole lot of people are questioning the integrity of your league based on poor and potentially biased officiating. You can say 'hawks fans are just whining all you want, but ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

Wildbill3 said:

I would, for one. I woudn't be offering the give the trophy back, but I would want to know why the officiating was so one sided. There's a big difference between imcopetence and malevolence, and a pretty big one. If it's incompetence, you can fix the system. If it's intentional, rooting for your team is like cheering for Hulk Hogan - you only get to keep winning as long as the fans like your team best. If you don't see how that could turn against you, even after a win, you're not a very smart person. I'm not saying that's the truth, but I do know that I had never even had the though enter my mind before Super Bowl Sunday. It's in the league's best interest to dispell those thoughts with a thorough inquiry. The fact that they've shown no willingness to do to...

yeah, they really outplayed them if they let what, 4 "bad" calls dictate how they would finish the game?

You give me four bad calls I can make anywhere I want in a game and I could change the outcome of probably every single playoff game.

I'm shocked that people don't seem to understand how devastating penalties can be.

The coaches owe the seahawk fans an apology, not the refs.

They are not mutually exclusive. And, by your argument, the Steelers should be apologizing to their fans, too. Or do you think they played "Well".

And letting the steelers complete a 75 yard record breaking run, and a trick touchdown pass doesn't equate to "outplaying" the other team. If the seahawks were better prepared, and had more discipline, those plays never would've happened.

What? You don't really think that, do you? Sometimes good teams make good plays and it doesn't mean the other team sucks.

And if you think the Seahawks were unprepared how about those steelers that they OUTPERFORMED.

Dude, clearly you love the Steelers,a nd I am an admirerer, too. But you are letting your bias way cloud your judgement on this issue.

nopony said:
You give me four bad calls I can make anywhere I want in a game and I could change the outcome of probably every single playoff game.

I'm shocked that people don't seem to understand how devastating penalties can be.

Great point. I think that's what some people don't get. These weren't penalties thrown when Seattle had the ball on their side of the field. These were calls that took points off the table. The other factor that I find incredible is that somehow people believe that the Seahawks had to play a perfect game to deserve the trophy. One pick, three dropped passes and two missed field goals and somehow you deserved then loss over a team that did absolutely nothing for 55 minutes

I'm not a fan of either team so I did not care who won.

I thought the officiating was terrible.

The truth is that we will never know what the outcome of the game would be if it were called correctly.

Football is a game of momentum and a play, or a call, here or there ofthen swings the whole game.

adamprez2003 said:
Great point. I think that's what some people don't get. These weren't penalties thrown when Seattle had the ball on their side of the field. These were calls that took points off the table.

What people really don't get is that, without the infractions, those points wouldn't have been on the table in the first place. Jackson pushed-off to gain the separation that he used to catch the TD. Locklear hooked Haggans to prevent a near-certain sack and give Hasselback the time to make the throw to the one.

Flying Pencil said:
What people really don't get is that, without the infractions, those points wouldn't have been on the table in the first place. Jackson pushed-off to gain the separation that he used to catch the TD. Locklear hooked Haggans to prevent a near-certain sack and give Hasselback the time to make the throw to the one.

That is entirely circular.

Back
Top Bottom