Would u guys be upset if we drafted Mallett in the 1st rd, then Hunter in the 2nd rd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u guys be upset if we drafted Mallett in the 1st rd, then Hunter in the 2nd rd?

Hate this idea. Hate ALL the picks. Pouncey will be a good OG, but not one worthy of a 1st RD pick (few are); T. Young isn't worth a 2nd; and Stanzi as a potential QB option (especially in the 3rd, but anywhere really) makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm not overly fond of it either, though I agree with finding a late round rb. Personally I wouldn't mind drafting two late round RB's, and bringing another one or two UDFA rb's into camp.

I don't mind pouncey in general, but I don't want a OG in the first round. Young also doesn't seem like a horrible value, but again, not for us. And Stanzi isn't a guy I'd want above the fifth round, due to the fact that he's going to be a project.

Better yet, good RBs can be found in later rounds. So take Mike Pouncey in the 1st, Titus Young in the 2nd, and Ricky Stanzi in the 3rd. Lets see how Henne pans out with a better OL and WR corps. Also let Stanzi learn and groom, though I doubt he'll ever start...you never know (I personally think hes a good QB).

Since runningbacks dont have much of a lifespan in the NFL, i think its better to have a few good RBs, then one good one. Adrian Peterson is great, but the Vikings didnt go too far this year. Id rather have a few good RBs like Ronnie Brown, Steve Slaton, even Clinton Portis...because with 3 good RBs, you wear out the defense. Clinton isnt an every down back anymore, but being in the DC area and watching every week...the man can still run 8-10 times a game. Imagine Ronnie, Clinton, and Slaton switching it up every few downs...the defense will get so tired.

Hate that ideal. I think Stanzi stinks. I want no part of him.

The 15th pick is worth 1050pts, therefore trading for any pick from the 23rd pick to the 26th (760+350 = 23rd & 2nd, 700+320 = 26th & 2nd) should net you a 2nd. If you trade further back then your talking a 2nd and more.

So now we're going off arbitrary numbers? Last year we had the 12(?) pick in the draft and we moved back to the 28. I am going off real situations not what numbers say.

... take Mike Pouncey in the 1st...

clear.gif

i was impressed by that short runningback dion lewis i think his name was as a later prospect not an everydown back though most likely

Hunter should be there in the 3rd so i don't think we would need to trade back to get him. He's a great RB btw!!!

Back
Top Bottom