Would u make this trade in the draft?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u make this trade in the draft??

Would u trade our 1st and 2nd for the #4 overall pick??

• yes

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • no

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
no way... if we made a trade like that it would be more stupid than when Wannstedt was hired as the Head Coach

We're not in the best position to trade away our picks, we need to keep them.

How can everyone on this site be crazy about trading up for Quinn but not CJ. There are many biased opinions on this site.

I would do it for CJ, and I would likely do it for Quinn, but if hes there at 4 and the Browns/Bucs dont seem to be taking him I think id take my chances at 9.

Im VERY iffy about trading up for Thomas. Everything screams allstar, but OLine seems a tough spot to gauge, just look at the surefire hits in Gallery and Mike Williams. CJ on the other hand seems more like Larry Fitz, a guy who will be a top reciever very quickly.

But that said, I really dont see the Bucs passing on CJ, nor do i see Detroit/Cleveland passing on Thomas.

Our 1st and 2nd round picks combined, equal about the same amount as the #4 pick overall.....for some reason, if Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are STILL available at #4....would u trade our 1st and 2nd rounders just to get one of them.

its a tough decision for me...

I'd be willing to exchange 1's and send Tampa our 3rd plus Chris Chambers for Johnson or Thomas but not our 2. I am of the opinion that there is going to be a very good player waiting for us at 40.

If it's Johnson then we target an OT in the 2nd(Tony Ugoh, Ryan Harris, Doug Free) or if it's Thomas we target a WR(Sidney Rice, Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Gonzalez).

I think I would for Calvin Johnson. I think he would immediately improve our offense. And he would probably be effective even without catching the ball. Teams are probably going to have to roll a safety over the top to try and cover him.

I would do it as i'm sure many others on this site would in an instant, but that's probably not the right move. There's a reason why Huizenga didn't hire us as the coach or GM :wink:

Like was said before, there will be a good player waiting for us at #40, and we'd be better off drafting a WR and OT in the 1st and 2nd (in either order). The way our offense has been of late i'd rather have 2 viable starters than 1, even if he is god-like :D. I'm of the mind that Quinn won't fall to us at 9, and even if he does, CPep is worth another year. After all, what if we draft Quinn and somehow (yea i know its a long shot) Pep returns to his Pro Bowl Form.. then we'd have a huge salary cap hit waiting in the wings as our unproven backup. Too many holes to trade up. Even trading down and taking the next best receiver in the first is worth it IMO. Then we get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder to use on an OT or a DB.

I would do it as i'm sure many others on this site would in an instant, but that's probably not the right move. There's a reason why Huizenga didn't hire us as the coach or GM :wink:

Like was said before, there will be a good player waiting for us at #40, and we'd be better off drafting a WR and OT in the 1st and 2nd (in either order). The way our offense has been of late i'd rather have 2 viable starters than 1, even if he is god-like :D. I'm of the mind that Quinn won't fall to us at 9, and even if he does, CPep is worth another year. After all, what if we draft Quinn and somehow (yea i know its a long shot) Pep returns to his Pro Bowl Form.. then we'd have a huge salary cap hit waiting in the wings as our unproven backup. Too many holes to trade up. Even trading down and taking the next best receiver in the first is worth it IMO. Then we get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder to use on an OT or a DB.

I'm going to say this one more time..

Brady Quinn being drafted has absolutely no effect whatsoever on Daunte Culpepper. Brady Quinn would be drafted in hopes of, in a perfect world, him sitting out a year, minimum, to learn the system and timing with receivers so he could eventually become Miami's franchise quarterback when his time comes.. more than likely when Pep retires

People who say ANYTHING about Brady Quinn being a wasted pick if Culpepper returns to form next season immedaitely mark themselves as ignorant

I'm going to say this one more time..

Brady Quinn being drafted has absolutely no effect whatsoever on Daunte Culpepper. Brady Quinn would be drafted in hopes of, in a perfect world, him sitting out a year, minimum, to learn the system and timing with receivers so he could eventually become Miami's franchise quarterback when his time comes.. more than likely when Pep retires

People who say ANYTHING about Brady Quinn being a wasted pick if Culpepper returns to form next season immedaitely mark themselves as ignorant

I agree.

Drafting Brady Quinn is a move for the future of the franchise. If Daunte Culpepper regains his health there is no question in my mind he should be given an opportunity to get back to his pro bowl form.

Having Brady Quinn waiting, learning on the sidelines can only be considered a bonus for our organization.

Ofcourse, the Dauntesexuals might consider Quinn a TC threat and will strive to drag Quinn's name through the mud, which speaks volumes about Pepps status itself as even his biggest supporters fear the possibility of a wet behind the ears draft pick taking the veteran's job from him.

Playing devil's advocate, is it a good situation if Quinn was to end up sitting on the sidelines for six years or more? Potentially Culpepper could have another productive six years left (Maybe more) in his career. Can a first round QB be expected to sit on the bench for six years to start his career and is he going to be worth anything after six years of not playing competitive football? If Culpepper is playing fantastically well and doesn't get injured, can he really be traded or benched in favour of an unproven draft-pick and would Quinn be worth much to another team if he hasn't played or would Miami have to take a big loss on him as well as missing out on a potentially productive player at another position in this year's draft?

Of course I know that all makes for a very convoluted and eonrmously unlikely situation but I'm using it to be thran.

I'd do it in a heartbeat for Calvin Johnson. He's the kind of prospect that comes along only every so often and there isn't a different version of him in every draft like there is for Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn. With the attitude that he has, the physical skills that he has and his size I just don't think there is a better prospect in this draft and I would definitely be willing to give up a 2nd round pick to move up into that spot.

The only way it would be doable is if we picked up additional picks for trading players to compensate for giving up multiple picks. We need as many picks as we can get. Truthfully, I don't see it happening. Just stay were we are and take what is available for all of our other needs.

Back
Top Bottom