Would You Accept A Down Year If...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Accept A Down Year If......

What Defines Success

• Playoffs or Bust

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Offense and Defense Taking Major Steps

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Offense Needs to be Top 10 (that's why Gase was hired)

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
It's playoffs or bust.

Moral victories are for minor league coaches.

How many wins is a down year? If we go 8-8, and the offense shows promise, and the penalties and mental mistakes get cleaned up, then I would be ok if Mike T gets fired. If we go 6-10 Inwould accept Gase staying if Tannebaum and Burke are gone, and we bring in some respected cordinators. If we go less than 6-10 I would only accept a complete rebuild, QB, Coach, GM.

Yeah I’d accept a down year if the offense is top 10. But if the offense is top 10 I don’t believe it will be possible to have a down year.

The young LB’s will learn and improve. Get me another CB and a beastly rookie DT next year and I’m good. Of course Tannehill being top 10 is the biggest thing. If this happens it’s all good.

And Ye' already told you major, you *******

What year are we in....year 8... what's another year of mediocrity?

Major props for knowing that lyric! That's a great album.

I'm tired of waiting for next year. Our veteran QB, third year coach and supposedly upgraded roster needs to produce a playoff berth, anything else will be a disappointment.

Unless Tannehill has his best season and we miss the playoffs on a tie breaker and it's clear that we're on the right path, blow this **** up. I'm sick of being hopeful every season only to be let down.

How many wins is a down year? If we go 8-8, and the offense shows promise, and the penalties and mental mistakes get cleaned up, then I would be ok if Mike T gets fired. If we go 6-10 Inwould accept Gase staying if Tannebaum and Burke are gone, and we bring in some respected cordinators. If we go less than 6-10 I would only accept a complete rebuild, QB, Coach, GM.

I think we need to win a playoff game to say we have arrived. Anything less is a bust. Going 8-8 has to be a wake up call for better coaches and players and Mike T has to go, as well as some of the coordinators. I'm okay keeping Gase for another year, but he has to prove himself.

I'm tired of all these other QB's in their 1st (Watson, Wentz, Russell, Luck, Prescott....) or 2nd (Goff) year having MVP caliber seasons and our 7 year QB being a question mark. If Gase can't get RT to step up, he may have to go. I understand he's been supportive and I like that, but RT has to win games.

I would absolutely accept a down year if it meant we moved on from Ryan Tannehill.

I don't like his resume. I've said that dating prior to when we drafted him. Far too much sucker material, and it has played out that way, actually far beyond my worst nightmares, kind of like the current administration. I don't care about arm strength and stature and accuracy and all of that scouting stuff, the things that lead to so many poor evaluations. I love early brilliance. If the guy hasn't started a college season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday then I'd going to comfortably ignore all the outlier examples, and say I don't want him. Much more likely than not, something is wrong...something that can't be fixed and none of the adjustments will account for.

On the other hand, I think there is plenty of reason to believe Adam Gase could be special. A young arrogant points-greedy guy at that job is ideal. Once we had a prodigy quarterback I think most of the promising possessions would work out gloriously, and we wouldn't have to spend day after day and thread after thread debating what we have at the position. I'm reminded of when-you-are-explaining-you-are-losing. Tannehill fans around here explain all year long.

Well if I follow your post - you support the point-greedy coach who has yet to produce the offense who scores alot, but by all accounts the same coach 100 percent backs and supports the QB who you don’t like.

The two dont seem to mix well by those comments to me.

Last edited:
I would absolutely accept a down year if it meant we moved on from Ryan Tannehill.

I don't like his resume. I've said that dating prior to when we drafted him. Far too much sucker material, and it has played out that way, actually far beyond my worst nightmares, kind of like the current administration. I don't care about arm strength and stature and accuracy and all of that scouting stuff, the things that lead to so many poor evaluations. I love early brilliance. If the guy hasn't started a college season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday then I'd going to comfortably ignore all the outlier examples, and say I don't want him. Much more likely than not, something is wrong...something that can't be fixed and none of the adjustments will account for.

On the other hand, I think there is plenty of reason to believe Adam Gase could be special. A young arrogant points-greedy guy at that job is ideal. Once we had a prodigy quarterback I think most of the promising possessions would work out gloriously, and we wouldn't have to spend day after day and thread after thread debating what we have at the position. I'm reminded of when-you-are-explaining-you-are-losing. Tannehill fans around here explain all year long.

NFL fanbases are so watered down nowdays that teams don't have to win anymore for owners to make money. They feel like winners no matter what. There's very few fans left that are only all about the football. The reality is, a lot of people wouldn't even watch or keep up with the NFL if it wasn't for fantasy football.

All they have to do now is trot out 2 or 3 different uniform combinations, redesign the logos, change up the color scheme a little bit, sign one or two players nobody else wanted, and pipe in some awful music to keep fans of poorly run franchises interested. It works like a charm.

I am predicting 10 6 but went with major steps. There are lots of moving pieces but if it is very apparent we are much better then thats the bottom line winning will come the coaching carousel needs to stop if possible.

If the offense puts up points and loses that's 100% on the D. This offense should be able to put up points and there is no excuse for not scoring 21+ points per game this season and busting into the top 10.

Being ranked 28th in points per game and scoring 17.6 points on average isn't getting it done at all. It also means your defense is out there on the field way too long and it showed last season.

A "down" year imo is replicating last year's results. If we give defenses h*ll with our offense I'd accept it. It means Tannehill, the OL, and Gase's vision works.

On the other hand, finishing 6-10 or 7-9 is out of the range for an immediate impact player in the draft which I would assume would be on D in this scenario.
I agree. If we are looking at 6 or 7 wins I would rather have 2 or 3 so we are high enough to pick a franchise QB. That is probably the wrong way to think. If I had a top 5 pick, I would probably trade down for more picks rather than gamble on a bust QB.

Imo, Gase erased his first season because of the Cutler decision. I thought it was going it be bad, it actually turned out to be horrendous...

It went horrendously, and was a head-scratcher at the time, but it makes sense after the reports of Moore being too fatigued to practice regularly. Cutler was the really the only option that late in the process- someone who knew Gase’s system & wouldn’t cost a draft pick. Thank goodness that chapter is closed.

The way our defense has played and their inability to stop people combined with the offenses inability to score points, I see us winning four games. We play too many teams that can put up points in bunches. I doubt we can keep up.

Back
Top Bottom