Would you be surpised if this draft occured? just the first 3 picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be surpised if this draft occured? just the first 3 picks

well as you no doubt know the outland covers both sides of the trench.I SUPPOSE you'd have passed on jake long,glenn dorsey or anthony collins at the #25 pick LAST YEAR.

well as you no doubt know the outland covers both sides of the trench.I SUPPOSE you'd have passed on jake long,glenn dorsey or anthony collins at the #25 pick LAST YEAR.

Of course not....but the Outland Trophy doesn't guarantee you're destined for anything...just ask Robert Gallery...

You assess players on how their skills project to the next level...not awards...

Duke Robinson is the best run blocking interior lineman in the draft IMO...but the Outland Trophy has absolutely nothing to do with how he'll turn out in the NFL...

I'd be surprised at that draft, I think the FO wants to improve the depth of the Oline not necessarily replace half the line. I could see a Center drafted earlier then people want pushing Satele to back up guard and Center which improves the depth right there. Then drafting an OT later on to develope behind carey and Long.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it but I would be surprised.

I'd be happy with Wood at 2b, but disappointed at the other two. I just don't think Brace is an elite NT, so I'd rather roll the dice later in the draft. Robinson is a good prospect, but let's be honest here, he's not a LT nor is he a blindlingly good RT, so I don't see him being worth the pick at 25. There are a lot of good OL players in this draft and I'd rather spend our first rounder elsewhere.

I'd be happy with Wood at 2b, but disappointed at the other two. I just don't think Brace is an elite NT, so I'd rather roll the dice later in the draft. Robinson is a good prospect, but let's be honest here, he's not a LT nor is he a blindlingly good RT, so I don't see him being worth the pick at 25. There are a lot of good OL players in this draft and I'd rather spend our first rounder elsewhere.
you put Duke Robinson at LG next to Jake and watch how nasty,mean,and dominant the left side of our OL becomes....i like that idea alot...

you put Duke Robinson at LG next to Jake and watch how nasty,mean,and dominant the left side of our OL becomes....i like that idea alot...

Can we hope that Mack would be available at our 2nd round pick to boot to push Satele to back-up?

Ill pass on Brace but I wouldnt mind the other 2 picks. Id replace Brace with H. Nicks if not A. Allen from UGA

id rather give up that second for gabe watson NT, Zona. with Delmas/Robinson/Sintin/Cushings in the first and wood or caldwell in the 2b.

I could see a Center drafted earlier then people want pushing Satele to back up guard and Center

I'd guarantee that if we did draft Mack, Satele would be a starting guard. (Would certainly be nice to have him as our back-up center :))

Alot of Samson's issues stemmed from our weakness at guard this year. He is goodat cneter, make no bones about it. Could Mack be better? Alot of people think so.

But Satele would also make an amazing RG, and we need one badly.

College awards are most definitely the way to determine if a player can cut it in the NFL...

Just ask Mike Hass (Belitnekoff Award Winner)

Jamar Fletcher (Thorpe Award Winner)

Eric Crouch (Heisman Trophy)...

Now why would you go there? Are you suggesting it's not probable or even possible that award winners WILL cut it in the NFL?

Just ask Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Bryant, Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, or Bobby Engram (Biletnikoff Award Winners)

I'd guarantee that if we did draft Mack, Satele would be a starting guard. (Would certainly be nice to have him as our back-up center :))

Alot of Samson's issues stemmed from our weakness at guard this year. He is goodat cneter, make no bones about it. Could Mack be better? Alot of people think so.

But Satele would also make an amazing RG, and we need one badly.

If that's true then why didn't Satele go to Guard and stay there after A.Johnson was tried at Center. We needed all the help we could get at that point.

Satele will battle it out with Thomas if a Center is brought in. If he wins then the team is better for it because Thomas was a starter at the beginning of the year.

If that's true then why didn't Satele go to Guard and stay there after A.Johnson was tried at Center. We needed all the help we could get at that point.

Satele will battle it out with Thomas if a Center is brought in. If he wins then the team is better for it because Thomas was a starter at the beginning of the year.

Thats a good question:)

I'd imagine that the drop-off at center with Johnson in there was just too big, especially mid season.

Center has alot more learning involved and putting a new guy in there mid season would probably throw off the entire offense b/c of snap counts, blocking assignments, etc...

I wouldnt mind it, but I do think Caldwell is better at C. It all depends on what we do in FA. If we get Brown in FA, all C's are off the table to me. Eric Wood at G/C? Maybe. Not likely if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom