Would You Be Surprised If... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Be Surprised If...

...Tannehill remains a Dolphin for one more year - if we draft a position other than quarterback?

Yes... because they are shopping him already.

But the point is Tannehill is good enough to win enough games that we can’t draft a QB next year.

But the point is Tannehill is good enough to win enough games that we can’t draft a QB next year.
this is good yr for dolphins to drafting qb. it will not hurt dolphins. it doesn't have to be first rd qb. you never know until u try. we have three fast wr on this team. that are play makers. just get ball to them.

Mediocre players= mediocre record = mediocre draft position = mediocre draft = mediocre players =mediocre record = mediocre draft position......... It's a vicious perpetual cycle we've been trapped in for years. We just plain stink, not really stink. We're not even good at stinking!

The way our front office and new staff handle the Tannehill situation will tell us all we need to know about the future of this new regime. Simply put.

I'd love to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021

giphy.gif

Nothing this team does will surprise me, specially when is a bad move. He should be gone and over with but you just never know

Four little words that explain everything with the Dolphins at this time.

" We Just Don't Know "

To early to make the call with little to go by, besides interpretation of the staff put together.

RT staying is not even a thought he's gone (JMO).
My thoughts is more of what insight and plan are they putting together to improve the team. Whats their idea? Time line? ability to evaluate (timely)? Insight as to abilities to get the guys they need. Who they think they need. Ability to teach, coach and adjust on a dime.
Draft Ability ?
Plan to Aguirre a QB who they think fits their program ?
So much involved to make a solid call on, and very little concrete actions at this extremely early stage to even begin to form a justified opinion.

We just don't truthfully have a clue yet as to what is going on between the ears of the guys running the show... Kind of scary, but also exciting........

Four little words that explain everything with the Dolphins at this time.

" We Just Don't Know "

To early to make the call with little to go by, besides interpretation of the staff put together.

RT staying is not even a thought he's gone (JMO).
My thoughts is more of what insight and plan are they putting together to improve the team. Whats their idea? Time line? ability to evaluate (timely)? Insight as to abilities to get the guys they need. Who they think they need. Ability to teach, coach and adjust on a dime.
Draft Ability ?
Plan to Aguirre a QB who they think fits their program ?
So much involved to make a solid call on, and very little concrete actions at this extremely early stage to even begin to form a justified opinion.

We just don't truthfully have a clue yet as to what is going on between the ears of the guys running the show... Kind of scary, but also exciting........

Agreed.

It seems useless to focus on a few players before we know what the new coaches are looking for from their new team.

Well I'm only against it cause I wanna lose. This year draft class for QB,s are weak. I really dont even see Murry being elite. Cards are stupid not taking Bosa. Next year we role 4 deep QB,s that I believe there are 2 great ones and 1 mediocre and ofcourse 1 bust like there always is. This year I see 4 QBs. No Great ones 1 above average and 3 busts.

Crystal Ball update......

Unless the decision makers have broken the mold and blow all our minds with a maneuver to some how do the unbelievable and pickup a Murray, think reason is more appropriate and would not be shocked, on the contrary think even more we will not be in any Draft race for the top tier QB's of 2019 &&& 2020. Instead think the possibility of the new organization seeing an achievable alternative, who they CAN pick, believing he, though, not the one we all wet our pants over, would be Totally capable of bringing success to the players they end up putting around him....(actually more of a reasonable view to those non Dolphin fanatics)...Crystal Ball saying we get our QB this year and will be to some degree a surprise...

But all this high round One QB pick up talk is a nice way to pass the time till stuff actually starts happening beyond the practically total restructure of the Organization. Who's credibility still is unknown. But damn it has to be miles ahead of the last few Jokers we had to go through, posing as talented...JMCB

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't be surprised. I don't expect it to happen, but it is a real possibility that we have him for one more year.

Now let me ask a further question based on yours. If it turns out Tannehill does end up staying one more year and he plays and ends up with a great year and we go to the playoffs; what will be our QB situation in 2020?
Trade him for a pick, or two, and draft a QB of your own...

If we let James go, as much teeth gnashing as I hear about that, that will be just another excuse about the o-line explaining why we went 8-8...UH-GINN.

When your planets are aligned to move on from a player such as a QB you do it.

You don't put the word out that a player is available via trade and then turn around try to keep him.

What kind of message is that for the rest of the team? Ryan is a gonner it's just a matter of when.

Back
Top Bottom