Would you do this TRADE UP with the Vikings??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you do this TRADE UP with the Vikings???

It's all fuzzy math. This trade only falls into line if you take into account a 20% discount off future years draft pick values. Which GMs only do when they need to in order to get to like I said before "what they are willing to give the pick up for". Now, factor in the real chart value of the trade when giving up future picks. Atlanta sat at 27 last year. This year they are giving up the 22 pick. Now what is the value of those 5 places. To me its just like statistics. One can be shown for both sides of an argument. Question, what did the numbers look like in the N.O.-Williams trade? The chart maybe a starting point but that's about all when GM actually determine what to trade.

Are you talking about the trade where Mike Ditka gave up all of the Saints draft picks to move up to get Ricky Williams? I am not even sure there was a point system like this back then? The Saints traded all of their picks in 1999 to the Redskins, plus a first and third the following year.....all to get Ricky with the 5th pick. That deal was just crazy....but how much did it help the Skins? Not much.

If we were to move up from the 8th/9th pick to the 3rd, I don't think it would cost as much as the Falcons moving from the 27th spot to the 4th spot (with the Browns). The Falcons gave up their 1st, 2nd and 4th in 2011, and 1st and 4th this year.

I am thinking it would require us to give up our 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th this year? Maybe less?

I think you have to consider the impact a Flynn would have on the cap vs drafting RG3, what would that rookie contract be vs Flynn as a free agent if he's looking for say 9 million a year, Free agency will dictate what happens in the draft, I'm not talking Manning.

Are you talking about the trade where Mike Ditka gave up all of the Saints draft picks to move up to get Ricky Williams? I am not even sure there was a point system like this back then? The Saints traded all of their picks in 1999 to the Redskins, plus a first and third the following year.....all to get Ricky with the 5th pick. That deal was just crazy....but how much did it help the Skins? Not much.

If we were to move up from the 8th/9th pick to the 3rd, I don't think it would cost as much as the Falcons moving from the 27th spot to the 4th spot (with the Browns). The Falcons gave up their 1st, 2nd and 4th in 2011, and 1st and 4th this year.

I am thinking it would require us to give up our 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th this year? Maybe less?

Well, first off.

The Flacons traded up to the 6th spot on the 4th, although it was still 21 spots.

I don't think we come close to getting off 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th to move from the 9 to the 2. I would imagine it could also possibly cost us our 1st and 4th or 2nd, 3rd and 6th next year as well.

For what its worth, that move by the Flacons is going to go down as one of the worst trades ever IMHO. They have completely mortgaged 2 consecutive drafts for a pretty talented WR. They could have found as good a player later in the draft IMVHO.

Playing double the price for a player is never a good deal. If the guy is a bust, we are royally screwed for years.
RGIII would have to be the second coming of Cam Newton and Dan Marino rolled into one. The pressure on him would be huge.
I would rather stand pat, take a great player at our draft spot, and look for a QB to groom while starting Matt Moore in 2012.

I haven't scene anything to suggest this guy is worth that steep of a price. If he falls to us at number 8 or 9 fine if not lets not bet the farm on him.

the rams won't take kalil...

I think the Rams will trade down from the #2 spot.....they could really use a WR like Blackmon. I think teams would be willing to trade up with the Rams to get RG3.

I'm not sure the Rams know anything about grading talent. They had Laurent Robinson and let him leave, for example. It wouldn't surprise me if they dealt back in the draft, lets say with Seattle. StL has a whole lot of holes.

I wouldn't do that....it's too pricey. This team has so many holes and draft picks are worth their weight in gold b/c you can potentially lock up young talent for 4-5 years at really cap friendly contracts. Between this year and next year we have a ton of free agents (Soliai, Langford, Merling, Culver, Carey, Bush, Long, McDaniel, Starks, and Bell)....7 of 22 starters. You need to build depth through the draft to sustain years of success. It's how the Packers and Giants put together their current teams and it's what the Patriots and Steelers do every year.

1)All of those teams have a QB. 2)Sounds good, lets just keep doing what we have been doing. It has been working really well.

Too much to give up for a guy that played against weak comp and has a ton of question marks. We have too many holes and rg III does not get us over the hump.

trade up for rg3!! Let manning stay the hell away from miami..let moore start till we unleash rg3 on the nfl!!

I just don't understand the fans here. All we talk about is needing a qb for so many years and if we had one and only when we get one, will we be a challenger for the superbowl. But no one wants to give up draft picks to get a franchise qb. If you give up two first round picks, in 5 years will any one notice? No one noticed how many picks the Giants gave up for Eli all these years later. Get Rg lll and be happy for the next 10 years or hold on to these picks and be miserable for another 13. you wouldn't give up your last 2 round 1 players for a franchise qb? Pouncey and Odrick are good players and probowl players probably, but wouldn't you give them up for a franchise qb, honestly?

Well, first off.

The Flacons traded up to the 6th spot on the 4th, although it was still 21 spots.

I don't think we come close to getting off 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th to move from the 9 to the 2. I would imagine it could also possibly cost us our 1st and 4th or 2nd, 3rd and 6th next year as well.

For what its worth, that move by the Flacons is going to go down as one of the worst trades ever IMHO. They have completely mortgaged 2 consecutive drafts for a pretty talented WR. They could have found as good a player later in the draft IMVHO.

I would not move up for RG3 or even draft him if he falls (which wouldn't shock me). We'll see what other players the Browns end up netting from the deal, but so far, the Falcons are way ahead on the deal.

Back
Top Bottom