Would you draft a 30 year old QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you draft a 30 year old QB?

Do people really think the Giants are going to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? You're dreaming!

...wait...am I a little late to the party?

He'll turn 30 halfway into his 2nd season in the NFL. Let's not push his age any further than what it is.

And if the kid can ball, you would be silly to let something like age get in the way of getting a good QB. Obviously at #8 that is crazy, but in the 2nd round I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Yes of course. Get 8 good years out of him.

Hey within a year or so, he could be marginally the same age with about the same amount of time as a starter as were both Kurt Warner and Jake DelHomme (I don't have my notes, but I remember Weeden would actually be about 6 mos younger than one of them) when they took their teams to the Superbowl. Doesn't sound too shabby to me :idk:

I'm beginning to grow more and more fond of Weeden. I think that he is a guy that could excel in a west coast style of offense.

Let's try to define west coast for a moment, because there seem to be a lot of differing viewpoints of it. From my understanding, the west coast offense utilizes receivers in space, allowing receivers to gain yards after the catch. It is also a system that thrives when the ball is spread evenly between the offensive weapons.

From my understanding of it, Weeden would be a pretty darn good fit in that kind of system, especially if he is able to pick it up quickly. It wouldn't be too much different than some of the plays he ran in college.

didn't we already try that in the form of John Beck?

I'd sure take Weeden over Flynn...

Back
Top Bottom