Would you draft a 30 year old QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you draft a 30 year old QB?

didn't we already try that in the form of John Beck?
Cowboys also tried it with Roger Staubach. In fact, he was out of football for years. Worked out pretty well.

Honestly, if the FO think that this is their guy (and there's plenty of tape to prove that he could be something special) then it's not crazy to take him at #8, and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

However I honestly don't think I could deal with this forum in the ensuing weeks and months if that did happened, because I'm 100% positive there'd be raucous uproar. So I'd be delighted with a trade down to the middle or back of the first round, and take him there just to avoid the infuriating backlash.

Cowboys also tried it with Roger Staubach. In fact, he was out of football for years. Worked out pretty well.

Number one and most important they invested very little in Staubach making him a 10th round pick number 2 Staubach was clearly the best qb in football when he was in college while Weeden is not

Damn man, you don't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors. This is the classic view of an armchair quarterback, using hind-sight to try to put others down.

Also, how do you know they are the joke of the league? Do you have regular conversations with people that are currently employed by the NFL that tell you these things? Or is this a tool to attempt to make your argument have a foundation, when it is clearly based on your preconceived notion that you are better than a group of individuals who have jobs with one of the biggest sports leagues in the entire world?

I don't need to know what's happening behind closed doors, I have Vaark, AKA Mr. Ross!

Im glad someone brought up Chris Weinke and John Beck.....pretty much sums up how I feel about Weeden.

Im glad someone brought up Chris Weinke and John Beck.....pretty much sums up how I feel about Weeden.

Too many people want to ignore them or push themselves into thinking that Weeden is the exception, not the rule. They're of the "fool me twice" variety.

It's a lot harder to play football now than it was then. Guys are bigger, faster, stronger now (because of improvements in weight training, dieting, nutrition programs, and simple population growth) and football strategies are much more complex now than then.

I want no part of Old Man Weeden.

No way in the top 2 rounds. Especially at a QB position where most of the time you sit for a year or two. Maybe with the extra 3rd they got from Chicago for the horrible Marshall trade. Anything higer than that, Ireland would need to be ran out of town.

Sure, I'd draft him in the 7th or 8th round. You'd be a friggin' lunatic to give up more than that for someone that's almost 30.

It's a lot harder to play football now than it was then. Guys are bigger, faster, stronger now (because of improvements in weight training, dieting, nutrition programs, and simple population growth) and football strategies are much more complex now than then.

I want no part of Old Man Weeden.
Football yes. QB, not necessarily.

I would draft Weeden but...
8 is too high and he won't be there with our 2nd pick.

Hopefully we sign Flynn today and this thread won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom