Would You Go For Nick Foles? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Go For Nick Foles?

I suppose I can’t let go of him beating the Pats last year in the SB.
That’s a big deal for me living up in NE..
A sort of “blind homerism”

No because his price tag would be too high for a stopgap guy.(20ml+) Also because nothing has really been said or done about Tannahill, my opinion is they’re thinking of extending him for two more years while they groom his successor.
2 year 30ml with about 15-20 guaranteed.

Foles isn't a franchise QB and doesn't have the potential to become one at this stage in his career. That's the bottom line for me.

Strong pass. Wouldn't take him for free.

we are going get young QB at some point. bring Nick in for 2 to 3 yr would not hurt .I think he would give Brady some needed competiton in AFC east, competition at every position is must. or less you earned it.

Badly beaten long dead horse here in the threads, but Nick Foles is a 6’5” prototypical quarterback. He has a very good skill set that he takes anywhere he decides to go. Any knock on the team around him or the system is true of every quarterback. Nick is a proven super bowl MVP and an upgrade here. But I think the timing and situation is not a good fit here. Getting your franchise quarterback is great. You can name four of them. It isn’t so easy, with pick thirteen or pick one, you still might not. Foles is a pretty good sure thing and I do hope he gets the right fit and has a few more good years. If our new coach thinks he’s a good fit here, I’m all for it.

I'm torn. My answer is somewhere between:

A) Aw HEYELLLLLLL NO,

and

B) LMFAO!...………ROFL...…….LOL...……………..oh you're serious...……..ummm….no thank you...……..no I don't need to hear the price...…...nope....still not interested...…….good day sir!

No.

Think of a baseball player like Jay Bruce. Guy put up nice seasons in 2012,13,16, and 17. Really sucked in 14, 15, and 18. So are you going to pay him big dollars in free agency because half of the time he has good years and ignore the bad ones completely? Because Foles is going to get top dollar from someone. And the truth is he hasn't really put up a full season (or at least most of a full season) of good play since 2013. And even this past season when he started seven games (including playoffs) and put up a 10/8 TD/INT ratio.

No...

Nick Foles didnt impress me in his time away from Philly....

It's a crapshoot with Foles...

we are going get young QB at some point. bring Nick in for 2 to 3 yr would not hurt .
It would hurt our cap situation.

Foles will hold all the cards when he negotiates, and he's going to sign a long term deal somewhere, and he's going to want to start for that time. If we sign him to a long term deal I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the cost for cutting him early will be horrendous, and we'd end up in the same situation we have so many times before.

Just having him around for two years while we ease in a high-drafted rookie in not a realistic option.

Back
Top Bottom