Would you spend a 3rd on LB Ahmad Brooks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you spend a 3rd on LB Ahmad Brooks?

Is it confirmed that he's off the team and entering the supplemental draft? Last I heard, Virginia was saying he wasn't kicked off the team, just being disciplined (gonna have to miss some time).

If he IS available in the supplemental draft then it would depend on character issues. If our research shows that he has the desire to get in shape and compete then I would definitely spend a 2nd. However, if he is still out of shape by the time the supplemental draft comes then that's a good indication he's lazy in which case I would be wary but still gamble a 4th or 5th cause his talent is just too great to pass up.

A 3rd rd for the guy would be a wise investment. More than that, no way because of his off field problems.

caneaddict said:
Is it confirmed that he's off the team and entering the supplemental draft? Last I heard, Virginia was saying he wasn't kicked off the team, just being disciplined (gonna have to miss some time).

If he IS available in the supplemental draft then it would depend on character issues. If our research shows that he has the desire to get in shape and compete then I would definitely spend a 2nd. However, if he is still out of shape by the time the supplemental draft comes then that's a good indication he's lazy in which case I would be wary but still gamble a 4th or 5th cause his talent is just too great to pass up.

word is that groh has been on vacation and their waiting on him to get back before they make an anouncement.

I remember this kid being rated as a top-10 or 15 pick if he came out last year. I think a 3rd or 4th rounder in the supplemental draft would be a wise risk to take. 2nd I would say is definitely over-paying.

Crowder52 said:
I remember this kid being rated as a top-10 or 15 pick if he came out last year. I think a 3rd or 4th rounder in the supplemental draft would be a wise risk to take. 2nd I would say is definitely over-paying.
Brooks was considered a top 5 pick if he had come out last year. But after a year of injuries and off the field problems, getting him in the 3rd round this year would be like us getting Channing Crowder last year. 1st round talent at a discount.

I would give a 2nd for him in the supplemental, it is alot but he is worth it. He could someday replace Zach for us. When number 54 joins the ring of honor ( I hope that day is far off)

Back
Top Bottom