would you support the superbowl heading to london! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

would you support the superbowl heading to london!

Saying what?

The tea that wins the SB are the world champs of NFL style football. Doesn't matter where the game is played.

I think his point was this. . Soccer world cup is played globally as is cricket, formula one and so on and so the world champ is just that, a global world champ whereas in American Football - NFL; the game is only played in the USA and so not a WORLD champ as the world is larger than the US but I love the game and try not to get hung up on the title of world series in baseball or world champ in NFL. .. its really not worth getting bent out of shape for :fireball::haveadrink:

I think his point was this. . Soccer world cup is played globally as is cricket, formula one and so on and so the world champ is just that, a global world champ whereas in American Football - NFL; the game is only played in the USA and so not a WORLD champ as the world is larger than the US but I love the game and try not to get hung up on the title of world series in baseball or world champ in NFL. .. its really not worth getting bent out of shape for :fireball::haveadrink:

If it's the only place the game is played in the world, then, they are the world champs. I think you could have a case if you want to argue baseball. The NFL is not a global game, whereas baseball is. I'm not bent out of shape, it's just that there is no NFL team anywhere else, so, be default, world champs.

I agree with what your saying.

IMO they call themselves world champs since no one can compete yet and it sounds better then USA champs doesn't it?

Hey I'm all for having more nfl teams in other countries expanding the season another couple of months and upping the roster 30 or so players due to the injuries.

If it's the only place the game is played in the world, then, they are the world champs. I think you could have a case if you want to argue baseball. The NFL is not a global game, whereas baseball is. I'm not bent out of shape, it's just that there is no NFL team anywhere else, so, be default, world champs.

Well that is one way to look at it but to truly be WORLD champs you need to compete in a GLOBAL market. .and beat the world. .now Im sure if there were a world championship then a current NFL team would win out. . but as I say as has been said just previous to this post world champs sounds better than USA champs. .
It does not bother me but I understand the frustration of some folk when it is not played globally to be given a gloabl reward in its title. .

So Im looking back at this topic. Another reason why its a terrible idea is because the SuperBowl is also about the SuperBowl Sunday. The anticipation for the game, etc.

If the game was played in London, the game would be at 1PM ET, and 10AM PT. Where's the anticipation then? It ruins the SuperBowl tradition

Actually the super bowl is played at like 6:40 ET or 7:40 ET.

I actually haven't been to the super bowl ever, as i was not interested in football the last time the fins went, I plan to go this year's super bowl and or pro bowl.

I wouldn't mind having the super bowl in london but i would want the big game still to start for me at some time from 6 to 7:00.

To me, this is all about $$$, and saying the hell with the fans. When London gets some NFL teams, then maybe it can be considered. Until then, keep it in the states. Super Bowl week is a huge payday for the hosting cities. Your taking that benefit away and giving it to a city that doesn't even have a team. Just more seats to sell.

I don't like the idea at all. In fact, I don't like any games being played outside the US.

I don't like the idea at all. In fact, I don't like any games being played outside the US.

There used to be an NFL sponsored European league that is now defunct.

I do not like the idea of a Super Bowl played outside the states. Keep the money at home.

I say we play it in South Africa next year.

i wouldn't care unless we were in it. then i would be uber pissed.

No offense to our UK brethren, but putting America's biggest sporting event in the UK is not a good idea. That would be like putting the UEFA Champions League Finals in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom