Would you take a chance on Kyle Orton in 4th round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take a chance on Kyle Orton in 4th round

IceStorm said:
Didn't we have LeFors in for a workout?

Yes....Saban did bring him in for a private visit...one of the few QB's. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lefors is selected tomorrow....the best little QB in this draft.

dolphindan1970 said:
Seems like alot of you are very high on Mcpherson, and admittedley, I have not saw alot of him, but I would like to hear more from some of you who saw him play, if you will. What QB in the NFL does he remind you of, today, or past.
Mike Vick is who McPherson is most often compared to...not saying he is as good as Vick (yet), but the guy can run, and has a cannon for an arm.

dolphindan1970 said:
Seems like alot of you are very high on Mcpherson, and admittedley, I have not saw alot of him, but I would like to hear more from some of you who saw him play, if you will. What QB in the NFL does he remind you of, today, or past.

I have saw some of Orton, and at times, using a basketball terminology, he can light it up, and hits everything. Then at time's, he just gets cold. Of course, like I said, he would have to be groomed and become more consistent for the future, to be able to make it, I think. Anyway all, great responses, Thanks..Dan

Saw him play? Now that would be hard to do...since you could put all his college plays on a postage stamp...I hear he played flag football...before he made it to the Arena.

fishypete said:
Saw him play? Now that would be hard to do...since you could put all his college plays on a postage stamp...I hear he played flag football...before he made it to the Arena.
Saw him play some, not alot, 2-3 games last year. And again, he was cold and hot. 1 game was absolutely great, another, bad, and another, so-so. Thats why I brought him up, I didnt know if any one else had maybe saw more of him and thought he was more on, than off and worth a chance or not.

I know the game he was hot he was hitting everything, so I was'nt sure if he was worth a shot or not.

Thanks for the comparrison on McPherson, ...Goin` Deep...Appreciate it !!

I'd be very very happy to get Orton. I have not heard much about Macpherson, so I will have to believe you guys and get excited if we grab him.

I'd be very excited with McPherson. Safe pick with Brown and Roth, the 3 and 4th bring us two guys with the potential to be All-Pros and then we go safe for the other two picks still applying value to our picks.

dolphindan1970 said:
Now I am one that thinks Jay Feeley has a chance to be a very good QB , and I look forward to him getting a shot this year. But, with that said, as tommorrow starts the 4th round, this guy here is a pretty good QB and could be a nice pic-up in round 4 to groom for the future.

What are some of you guy's thoughts on him ?

AGILITY
5.03 in the 40-yard dash … 275-pound bench press … 445-pound squat … 291-pound power clean … 29-inch vertical jump … 30½-inch arm length … 9¼-inch hands … Right-handed.
ANALYSIS
A four-year starter who is an intelligent and instinctive signal caller … He is a quiet, respected leader, but might need to get more vocal in order to command presence in the huddle at the next level
Read complete ANALYSIS here... http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/orton_kyle

I dont think Orton has much of a future as a starter. I see him as a backup while someone like Mcpherson has the upside to be a star.

ih8brady said:
I dont think Orton has much of a future as a starter. I see him as a backup while someone like Mcpherson has the upside to be a star.

agrred - he is a good prospect to groom

Man I would love to see us get Orton. I also haven't seen much on McPherson, but if he is like Vick then I'll have to pass. Vick is way overrated in my humble opinion.

Goin` Deep said:
Mike Vick is who McPherson is most often compared to...not saying he is as good as Vick (yet), but the guy can run, and has a cannon for an arm.
Sorry to repeat myself, but McPherson is more Ron Mexico than Michael Vick.

McPherson was a star in HS, about avg in college (great TD to INT ratio, but only 51% completions), and about average in the AFL.
Orton was named as the 2nd best QB in the nation in HS by Superprep (7th best by another scout), set school records and named to several top lists by sports publications and scouts while in college. His TD to INT ratio isnt as good as McPhersons, but his completion rate is much higher. He's also tough as nails. His ability to play through pain is reminiscent of Brett Favre. He needs to gain some more strength, and as with any QB taken on the 2nd day of the draft he will need to learn a year or two before starting.
Overall though, I would take Orton over McPherson any day of the week and twice on Sunday (which of course is the day that matters)

if we draft a qb...we're taking 4 qbs on next year? so long rosenfels...had your shot buddy.

Back
Top Bottom