Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You take Tampa's 1st & Third

no way man

We gave up a 1st and a 4th to move up to 15 or whatever LAST YEAR.

The LOWEST offer I would take would be a 1st and a 2nd THIS year to move up from 5 to 2.

The Dolphins reached their suspect QB quota so I don't want Simms, alot of your guys asking price is really high, remember, almost all scouts, coaches, gms do not think this draft is top heavy. know the market...do we ditch the draft value chart? No do we hold the draft value chart as gosple THIS year? no...

FireWrongstedt said:
Look- if Smith is as good as advertised and people think this highly of him, I'd rather take him and have OUR franchise QB for the next 12 years. I'm sick of all these other teams having franchise QB's and not us. We've had garbage QB play since Marino retired and it's unacceptable. You know the old rule: if you have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. No if's, and's, or but's. I know we have a lot of holes, but if Saban thinks as highly of Smith as everyone else, we should take him and not look back.

I'm not disputing you, but I thought Saban wants more picks, meaning trade down. He might think highly of Smith, but realizes that passing on Smith to get more picks is a sacrifice he's willing to accept.

phillyphinphan said:
This is a rehashed story but I just read on ESPN's rumor mill that Rodgers is 90% likely to be a 49er. With that said, that leaves Smith who everyone knows(or thinks) Gruden is in love with, if Gruden is enamoured with smith he would have to get to no. 2 to assure himself of his future franchise QB. Again this is all stuff that is widely known, however, if TB does not part with their 1st & 2nd would you accept their 1st & 3rd. Personally I would listen and would close the deal if they offered a 3rd in 06 as well or maybe a 4th this year, your thought?

No, we don't give up a QB the caliber of Alex Smith for such little value in return, if we don't get a real nice package I wouldn't even consider it.

Philter25 said:
no way man

We gave up a 1st and a 4th to move up to 15 or whatever LAST YEAR.

The LOWEST offer I would take would be a 1st and a 2nd THIS year to move up from 5 to 2.

The Dolphins gave up a fourth-rounder in this year's draft to Minnesota to move up from No. 20 to No. 19 and select Miami guard/tackle Vernon Carey.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/archives/001192.html

they moved up 1 spot in the later part of the first for a 4th rounder. Regardless of anybody who says that they should take any trade offer, or a dumb-azz Buc fan on their message board saying that "Miami is so desperate to move down they'll accept a swap", a 1st and 3rd is not enough.

BlueFin said:
No, we don't give up a QB the caliber of Alex Smith for such little value in return, if we don't get a real nice package I wouldn't even consider it.

I'm glad that we have so many wannabe Rick Spielmans on these board, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Dudeman said:
I'm glad that we have so many wannabe Rick Spielmans on these board, aren't you? :rolleyes:

We're all doing the same job spielmans doing. Sitting here waiting, watching what saban will do :)

BlueFin said:

You also have to consider where Saban has Smith ranked relative to (sound familiar?) the rest of the QB's in this years draft for example Campbell at no. 46 (from KC) micht represent more value than Smith at no. 2 overall...

if opinions are like a--holes there's a lot of constipated Mfrs out there, stop lurking and post you opinion....

FireWrongstedt said:
Look- if Smith is as good as advertised and people think this highly of him, I'd rather take him and have OUR franchise QB for the next 12 years. I'm sick of all these other teams having franchise QB's and not us. We've had garbage QB play since Marino retired and it's unacceptable. You know the old rule: if you have the chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it. No if's, and's, or but's. I know we have a lot of holes, but if Saban thinks as highly of Smith as everyone else, we should take him and not look back.

Well, it's been pretty obvious that Saban wants to trade down. Making it seem as though he doesn't think that highly of either one or doesn't want to use the #2 on a QB.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Well, it's been pretty obvious that Saban wants to trade down. Making it seem as though he doesn't think that highly of either one or doesn't want to use the #2 on a QB.

he wouldn't have brought in Alex for a 2 day visit to Miami yesterday and today if he wasn't interested in him. Nick is not going to waste his time, nor the time of a top prospect.

he wants to trade down to atone for Spielman's mess. We need the picks, but if we don't get a good enough offer, Nick just wont trade down, its as simple as that

DoLpHiNz34 said:

I honestly don't know what Saban is thinking right now, and that's good. Of course he'd like to trade down and get more picks if the offer is right, and that's pretty much all he said. He's got everyone off-balance right now and I LOVE it.

phillyphinphan said:
This is a rehashed story but I just read on ESPN's rumor mill that Rodgers is 90% likely to be a 49er. With that said, that leaves Smith who everyone knows(or thinks) Gruden is in love with, if Gruden is enamoured with smith he would have to get to no. 2 to assure himself of his future franchise QB. Again this is all stuff that is widely known, however, if TB does not part with their 1st & 2nd would you accept their 1st & 3rd. Personally I would listen and would close the deal if they offered a 3rd in 06 as well or maybe a 4th this year, your thought?

No. Cleveland gave up a 2nd round pick to move up one spot last year, and that was from 5th to 6th. I would accept nothing less than a 1st and a 2nd, and even that is stretching it.

This is a rehashed story but I just read on ESPN's rumor mill that Rodgers is 90% likely to be a 49er. With that said, that leaves Smith who everyone knows(or thinks) Gruden is in love with, if Gruden is enamoured with smith he would have to get to no. 2 to assure himself of his future franchise QB.

Or we can just make Smith our future franchise QB. Does it matter which team he is a franchise QB for? Does for me because I am sick and tired of cut-rate MEDIOCRITY at QB for the last 5 years.

All the Smith-bashers give themselves away with statements like this. If Smith can be the future franchise QB for TB, he certainly well can be OUR future franchise QB.

The phrase "future franchise QB" and AJ Feeley don't even belong on the INTERNET together, much less in the same sentence.

if thats the best offer we get, i would definatly take just a third

Back
Top Bottom