Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

i'd rather trade down to pick up a 2nd and possibly get two good young blockers than watch Romo get pummeled. the offensive line and sparano have to be upgraded before anything will work behind it.

Im divided. Romo has been a very good qb at times but Im not sure that I would rather have him than develop a qb. With the talent Romo has had he still hasnt come close to winning the big one in Dallas so Im not sure he is the piece that takes us. I doubt Dallas wants to trade him even if they draft Newton. Color me undecided.
He will be 31 before the start of the season so age is not a huge factor but lets not forget thats the same age as Carson Palmer. I think its silly to even think about it because Dallas probably has no intention of trading Romo. Sad too because even though I did not think Romo was an awesome prospect I thought we should have drafted him with one of late picks. You cant find a damn qb in the draft if you dont try. Much like how I thought Matt Cassel was worth a late round pick. Now of course there have been plenty of misses but you cant hit a home run unless u swing the bat. I also liked Chris Simms alot who did nothing but neither did our draft pick Taylor Whitley lol

Trading our No. 15 for Romo....maybe. I think he is a great QB, easily top 10 qb and has shown that he can do a great job. The fact that dallas have not done a lot in the playoffs is not the fault of Romo.

But, Dallas wont trade him. They need secondary more than Newton

Dallas has been a dysfunctional team because of their owner/GM with his poor drafts, poor free agent choices, and poor coaching hires. I don't count that against Romo.

Sounds just like a team that we all know and love. :lol2:
Maybe Romo would benefit from a change in scenery, who knows. However, I can't really see Dallas trading him so the point is moot to me.

Okay, how about this: If Cam Newton is available at 15, would you rather pick him or trade the pick to Dallas for Romo?

Seems much more likely that Dallas is floating this idea out there with hope Newton is available at #9 to get someone to trade up.

Romo is better than Sanchez at least. That can't be disputed.

Christ Henne is better than Sanchez. I don't get the love for Sanchez at all. He's surrounded by much better talent, a better OL, better Receivers, better RB's and a better TE, yet he gets a free pass when he under performs on a regular basis and Henne gets killed for having a fraction of the talent surrounding him. Such fickle fans we've become. We'll draft another qb who won't pan out under this regime, and he'll get flamed after a couple of bad seasons... Then we will draft another and over and over again. Try giving someone an opportunity.

As for Romo... Well he is an upgrade but I could care less to have him. Not a big game player at this point and chokes on a yearly basis when it means something.

Why would think that the boys would draft an unproven QB? Cam newton? he's no Dan Marino.

I wouldn't do either, I would choose or trade down, colin kapernik seems to be a better prospect than Newton to me.

How many teams do you think is really looking at Newton? The kid is a good athlete, but teams need someone who can throw it down the field not to feature his running skills every game. AKA Michael Vick, although he is good, but you don't win with running Qbs.

Back
Top Bottom