Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

Hell no lol.

Too much Kanye is getting to your head. If I knew one of the QBs in this draft would be as good as Romo Id draft him with my first in a second.

Too much Kanye is getting to your head. If I knew one of the QBs in this draft would be as good as Romo Id draft him with my first in a second.

Romo is far from someone who is going to take your team to the next level.

Dude has all the talent in the world but lacks maturity, leadership, and the mental capacity.

romo is henne with confidence
not worth a 1st id rather gamble with an up and coming rookie

Romo is a better stat guy than Sanchez, I'd take sanchez any day in a big game and the position is about winning- Sanchez has done a better job than Romo in that regard.
Ok, right super duper homerific Jets fan. Sanchez has lost two big games so far right? At least he has been there- this will be your response i am sure.
I'd give up the 15th pick in a second. Anyone that thinks Sanchez is better than Romo is surely a homer.
We'd get more value out of #15 by getting Romo than any QB in the draft i believe.

God I rather risk number 15 on Mallet . . . ok so we have a team with Witten and Bennett and TE, Austin/Bryant/Williams at WR, Jones/Barber/Choice at WR . . . a good enough OLine . . . and the guy still makes inconsistent mistakes and hasn't sniffed an NFC championship game. Lord knows if we had that kind of offensive talent we could have a better record. Imagine the speed of Jones, Austin and Bryant with 2 quality TE's and ANY playcaller not named Henning . . . Henne could turn water into wine with that kind of offense.

Not for a first, I couldn't do it for #15 . . . NYJunc is right, stat padding is fine and dandy, but if you can't win with that team in a weaker division, what makes you think you are going to win in a tougher division/conference with a less talented offensive team.

He is also 31. Draft Mallet with #15 over trading for Romo

Ok, right super duper homerific Jets fan. Sanchez has lost two big games so far right? At least he has been there- this will be your response i am sure.
I'd give up the 15th pick in a second. Anyone that thinks Sanchez is better than Romo is surely a homer.
We'd get more value out of #15 by getting Romo than any QB in the draft i believe.

Yea I would agree that Romo is better than both Sanchez and Henne . . . but I personally would risk #15 on one of the QB's in the draft rather than risk it on Romo . . . I dunno, sometimes the guy can look like an All Pro QB (just like Henne can on occassion) and other times you wonder why the hell is he in the game. I personally couldn't do it . . . but for a team that traded a 2nd for Feeley and a hobbled CPep . . . I don't think this trade would be worse than those. Like Vaark said earlier, if I was forced . . . I much rather trade #15 for Romo than trade a 2nd round pick (if we had one) for Kolb. No debating there. He instantly would be the "best" FA/Trade QB option, but doesn't mean it's the best option for the Fins. He's 31 . . . we still need to find our future QB . . . I rather get it out of the way with that pick.

I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Romo and neither would the Jets. #s are nice, I want winners. We lost 2 title games and neither was b/c of QB play. Romo has not delivered in january except for one game at home, sanchez holds the NFL record for road wins for a starting QB and he's only been in the league TWO years! Sanchez is getting better, Tony peaked and wasn't that good at his peak. You can have Romo and win fantasy games, I'll take Sanchez and win big games in January.

He puts up decent #s though he is older and more injury prone..not worth a 1st maybe a 3rd

Dude what are you smoking!?!? Sanchez at least has a season with more TDs then INTs.... yea Henne has a better QB rating but thats misleading given that the dolphins last year would never pass deep.... Sanchez is clearly better then Henne.... Romo is better then Henne and Sanchez...

I wouldn't trade Sanchez for Romo and neither would the Jets. #s are nice, I want winners. We lost 2 title games and neither was b/c of QB play. Romo has not delivered in january except for one game at home, sanchez holds the NFL record for road wins for a starting QB and he's only been in the league TWO years! Sanchez is getting better, Tony peaked and wasn't that good at his peak. You can have Romo and win fantasy games, I'll take Sanchez and win big games in January.

Your team has been in the post season in spite of Sanchez, not because of him. Lets be real now. You've backed into the playoffs twice, once because the colts laid down for you at the end of the season. I'll give props to your defense, but Sanchez hasn't shown me anything more than Henne has shown us. Your coach has become a joke with his predictions, but i do commend your team on keeping Tomlinson. That was a wise choice.

Your team has been in the post season in spite of Sanchez, not because of him. Lets be real now. You've backed into the playoffs twice, once because the colts laid down for you at the end of the season. I'll give props to your defense, but Sanchez hasn't shown me anything more than Henne has shown us. Your coach has become a joke with his predictions, but i do commend your team on keeping Tomlinson. That was a wise choice.

How was winning 5 of 6 in 2009 backing in?
how was winning 2 of our last 3 in 2010 backing in?

We won in 2010 b/c of Sanchez, there were times in '09 we won in spit of him but not in postseason and both of our postseason losses where not b/c of QB play.

Don't you wish your coach was as big of a joke as ours? 4 playoff wins in 2 years, you guys won 4 playoff games total from 1994-2010 but Rex is a joke:lol:

Why in the **** are people talking about Mark Sanchez or the Jets in this thread

(Looks and sees that nyjunc is also posting in this thread) Oh right. Nevermind lol.

Anyways I would be all for getting Romo with a 1st. Likely wont happen but a boy can dream

Back
Top Bottom