Would you trade DVP? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade DVP?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Let's say a team falls in love w his measurables, his talent, the tape and production he's put out there this year and his cheap contract.

Maybe they think he's worth a flyer at that price and they can always franchise tag him and negotiate an extension if he does it again.

Would you take a 1st rounder in the late teens for him?

I think I would.

Let's say a team falls in love w his measurables, his talent, the tape and production he's put out there this year and his cheap contract.

Maybe they think he's worth a flyer at that price and they can always franchise tag him and negotiate an extension if he does it again.

Would you take a 1st rounder in the late teens for him?

I think I would.

My initial reaction was "hell no" but when you look at this draft class, and if you got a first rounder in return, this is the year to make that trade, there's a lot of good wideout talent coming out. However drafting is still a lottery no matter how good a prospect they are and DVP has proved to be NFL calibre this year, there's a lot to be said for a bird in the hand. On the other hand DVP has over the years not been the most reliable of personnel when it comes to being able to make it to the starting line up and he's a lot older than every draft prospect.

In the end I would probably pull the trigger, but it's an interesting debate.

If we traded Minkah for what looks like it's going to be a pick in the low 20s, I see no reason why we wouldn't trade DVP for a pick guaranteed to be in the teens. Minkah had only served 1 year on his rookie contract, whereas DVP has a history of grossly underperforming and is only under contract for one year.

Yeah, that's an easy call, IMO.

No way we get a 1st imo He just hasn’t shown to be consistently great which would be the catalyst for rd1 trade

you need to make this a non no-brainer. There shouldnt be anyone on this site that would say they wouldnt trade DVP for a pick in the teens. I've always thought the kid had potential and was holding himself back and the staff was holding him back, but if someone puts a 1 on the table for him you have to snatch it up. The question should've been "what is the lowest compensation you would take for DVP?" I think i would still take a high-mid 2 for him on draft day if someone i wanted badly was available. but anything lower than that your pushing it.

Hahaha, I think his stock is as high as it will ever be. I think his value currently is, for the first time in his career, higher than when he came out.

If Grier is into selling high-buying low, as it seems, this is when you pull the trigger on DVP.

No. First, I don't think getting a 1st is realistic. Two, at some point we need players, and as in Devante's case, some players require time to develop. With 15 potential rookies next year we need some veteran presence and experience.

We wouldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

A 3rd...I'll pass and let him get another good year under his belt.

A 2nd...now you have my attention.

At the start of the year I would have done a third.

I don't think a stand alone 2nd would do it for me.

It'd have to be an early one with sweeteners thrown in. An OL, maybe.

Otherwise, any first, I'd budge. I'd throw a 5th and 6th if we got a 1st in the teens.

I admit, that I never expected DeVante Parker to wear a Dolphins uniform again, after the 2018 season ended. But Miami saw his value and got him to produce. He's been rumored to have been shopped around, so at this point anything is possible. But I wouldn't trade him.

for a 1st rounder? yeah!!

I also think we are trading Xavien Howard next year for a 1st rounder in 2021. Why not? He will be 28, which means 4-5 more years of good play left for a CB. We'll get his successor in 2021, or even this year if we find someone worth it.

If we traded Minkah for what looks like it's going to be a pick in the low 20s, I see no reason why we wouldn't trade DVP for a pick guaranteed to be in the teens. Minkah had only served 1 year on his rookie contract, whereas DVP has a history of grossly underperforming and is only under contract for one year.

Yeah, that's an easy call, IMO.

I see a very good reason. We didn't WANT to trade Minkah or Tunsil. Yet, we were persuaded to by circumstances. In DVP's case, he's clearly a valuable building block if he stays healthy. Why would we want to trade DVP just as he's coming into his own? Especially as he seems grateful the team showed some faith in him, despite everything?

Isnt he hurt again?

His value is stymied by the fact he is always hurt, or been low impact...until recently.

If you can get a 2nd and a 5th, I pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom