Would You Trade For A D Tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade For A D Tackle

kdog69

Rookie
Reaction score
Would you be ok with making a trade with Washington for Jonathon Allen or Daron Payne? I think either would help solidify the D-line and definitely help with stopping the run. I think with them drafting Jer'Zhan Newton, they may be willing to let one of their D-lineman go. If not, if you could trade for one player to help on D-line or O-line, whom would it be?

Would you be ok with making a trade with Washington for Jonathon Allen or Daron Payne? I think either would help solidify the D-line and definitely help with stopping the run. I think with them drafting Jer'Zhan Newton, they may be willing to let one of their D-lineman go. If not, if you could trade for one player to help on D-line or O-line, whom would it be?
Payne makes 22 mil a year and Allen makes 15.

It's not a bad idea, I just don't think we have the money

It’s something they could entertain as the trade deadline approaches and the players won’t cost as much as they would now.

I think it’s unlikely you’ll see a big ticket player added before the season starts.

Their plan was quantity over quality at DT and hope they find a gem. We probably need to see that plan through for now and can re-visit in season if it’s a noticeable weakness.

It’s something they could entertain as the trade deadline approaches and the players won’t cost as much as they would now.

I think it’s unlikely you’ll see a big ticket player added before the season starts.

Their plan was quantity over quality at DT and hope they find a gem. We probably need to see that plan through for now and can re-visit in season if it’s a noticeable weakness.
Yeah I agree that I think they want a heavy rotation on the DL. If we can get anything from a few of them, I think it help reduce Sieler getting worn down. A lot of the time he was on the field for 85-95% of the D-snaps.

Would you be ok with making a trade with Washington for Jonathon Allen or Daron Payne? I think either would help solidify the D-line and definitely help with stopping the run. I think with them drafting Jer'Zhan Newton, they may be willing to let one of their D-lineman go. If not, if you could trade for one player to help on D-line or O-line, whom would it be?’

K… there are reportedly a half dozen NFL ready DTs in the 2025 draft. Calais Campbell is out there, and at 37 is still productive. He can play everywhere, and is a force in the Locker room. I’m partial, as he’s my Canes brother. He did take out Tannehill on a low hit, but…..
Prolly about 4 million base… with incentives. Just a thought… that has already been discussed here.

Raiders for Wilkins and Panthers for Hunt.

The new plan looks like a rotating crew of inexpensive big bodies, I don't think they would do something like this. A cheap vet or a waiver claim is more likely, imo

K… there are reportedly a half dozen NFL ready DTs in the 2025 draft. Calais Campbell is out there, and at 37 is still productive. He can play everywhere, and is a force in the Locker room. I’m partial, as he’s my Canes brother. He did take out Tannehill on a low hit, but…..
Prolly about 4 million base… with incentives. Just a thought… that has already been discussed here.
I would love Campbell to be added to this team!

Washington would ask for a lot for those guys. No.

Back
Top Bottom