Would You Trade For A D Tackle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade For A D Tackle

I would have to know what the Fins would be giving up but Allen would use up nearly all the cap space Miami will have on June 1.

He is only under contract for this year and next so Miami could extend him and lower the Cap # but with some big extensions looming I am not sure another expensive player is what Miami needs.

It’s something they could entertain as the trade deadline approaches and the players won’t cost as much as they would now.

I think it’s unlikely you’ll see a big ticket player added before the season starts.

Their plan was quantity over quality at DT and hope they find a gem. We probably need to see that plan through for now and can re-visit in season if it’s a noticeable weakness.
Agree. Miami signed a bunch of defensive tackles.

If there is a move left, it's for a veteran safety or a guard.

I shudder to think that our season might be over if Zach Seiler were to go down with a season-ending injury because of the lack of a DT who's good enough to eat those snaps.

To me, that is the true weakness of losing Wilkins and replacing him in the aggregate. We're all assuming Seiler will be 100% healthy and perfectly productive.

God help us if injury strikes the DT position in 2024, just as it seemed to last year at Center and Edge.

There’s a corner in Denver I’d talk to the Broncos about.
Patrick Surtain ? I dont think they are looking to trade him. Even if they were they would want a lot of draft compensation and we don't have the cap space to acquire him.

We will be fine. Injuries can happen anywhere on a team so I'm not looking at something that hasn't happened.

After preseason when we have a better idea of what we have we can revisit...but right now we are fine.

possibly move mostert if he's got some trade value after last years huge season. achane and Wright in the backfilled moving forward should complement each other

Agreed. We can get by with the DTs we have now. Losing Wilkins sucked, but we'll still be decent there.
And you know this how?
We don’t know what effect the departure of Wilkins will have on this Dline. We don’t know if Sieler will be the same player without his buddy. We don’t know if any of these guys will have the energy or motor AVG had

I hope we don’t make any trades unless is us trading a player away for a pick.......it's going to be interesting to see which WR's/RB's/OL don’t make our 53

Back
Top Bottom