Would you: Trade Tua for Dak? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you: Trade Tua for Dak?

IMAWriter

Resident Curmudgeon
Club Member
Reaction score
If Dak agreed to a salary similar to Goff?
I’m not a huge Dak fan. That said, he has played well in 3 different systems. I don’t buy that he couldn’t.. with some small modifications to the system do well. Modifications…3. Throw it to your Backs and TEs more. Allow Dak to improvise. Run the damn ball on 3rd and one. Bonus…. Include some straight ahead power blocking on more than 3rd and one.

It depends...

Is Tua insistent on getting record breaking money? What if relations broke down and he demanded a trade?

I could see a scenario where the Dolphins would have to trade Tua.

Dak is more expensive, I do not see him signing for Goff money... He wants a record breaking deal of his own.

But with the elite receivers we have here... and the running game averaging over 5 yards a carry.... Sure Dak could be good here.

I just do not think there is any universe where Dak will take a Goff like deal.

If we move on from Tua, you draft a new QB. It makes no sense at all to not pay Tua, who knows the system; and turn around and give out the same contract, you would have given Tua to another vet.

You draft his replacement, even if it's at the later part of round 1.

If we move on from Tua, you draft a new QB. It makes no sense at all to not pay Tua, who knows the system; and turn around and give out the same contract, you would have given Tua to another vet.

You draft his replacement, even if it's at the later part of round 1.
Drafting another QB means that by the time they are ready... Hill and Waddle will be gone... Ditto for Mostert... that means total rebuild

No. Dak has played behind one of the best OL in the league for years and last year his average time to throw was 2.8 seconds, he’d either need to learn to get the ball out quicker or run for his life behind this line.

No. Dak has played behind one of the best OL in the league for years and last year his average time to throw was 2.8 seconds, he’d either need to learn to get the ball out quicker or run for his life behind this line.
Obviously if they traded for Dak there would have to be some tweaks and or adjustments made. Spend draft capital on the O line. etc...

But Dak has never had Tyreek/ Waddle/Mostert/Achane/Smith/Beckham to throw to either.

Back
Top Bottom