wow..big changes. Now what happens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow..big changes. Now what happens?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We all know Wanny is in trouble. He HAS to produce or he's gone for sure. And with Marino here..who hates jay....he's as good as gone.

Jay was kind of our fall back. He wants to start for us, but would have to restructure. As it sits, Jay is totally gone. That'll leave Brian and Sage. I have a reckoning that Dan will get us our rookie (ELI!) QB. And we all though Griese would be gone. But is that so true now?

Letting go of Brian and Jay right now (as it sits, there's always the FA) would leave us with Sage and a rookie QB. When given time Brian made good reads, and threw good passes. He has a bigger upside than Jay. IF and that's a big IF we get hte O-line patched up, we may stick with him as our starter (with a huge pay cut). We can't have an unproven QB and a rookie heading up our team. I'm all for picking up Brunell via FA, but what if he doesn't come here? we'd really be up the crick without a paddle.

Sage and a rookie would be some thin freakin ice. I think at the very least we will have either Fiedler or an FA starting, Sage backup, then rookie at 3rd string

Actually more like NO change.
This is nothing but a dog and pony show to distract the fans from the fact that NOTHING has changed.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
This is nothing but a dog and pony show to distract the fans from the fact that NOTHING has changed.

nothing but a dog and a pony eh? what would YOU have changed 2 weeks after the seasons over? Do you want us to sign FA's? how about the draft, we didn't make any big moves in it yet did we? what a waste!

FYI the offseason moves haven't started yet. FIRST of all Wayne retained wanny. And for good reason. Theres no one out there that would be a guranteed upgrade over the guy. In doing so he not only ensured that we have a coach that will try to win now, but by taking Wanny's power away he ensured that Wanny won't be able to put everythign into these next 2 years sacrificing the future of the team.

Next, he made Spielman Wanny's equal. Spiel has done a great job bargain hunting. We have a great team here. Now that wanny doesn't have Spielman by the nuts, he's free to make some actual moves. He's a fine GM, there are better out there, but the falts have not been Spielman's over the years. you can blame Wayne for not giving him the power in the first place.

And lastly by bringing in Danny, wayne just told Wanny win "or else". Wanny and Dan aren't friends, much less Fiedler. We now have a charismatic player with a lot of stock in this team at the head of our organization. Gone are Wanny's personell powers. Here are people with power and foresight. Things HAVE changed, you just have to give them a chance to show you.

Do you really think that Dan Marino, Mr. Miami Dolphin himself, would compromise the his integrity and the integrity of the Miami Dolphins by taking on a position that is nothing more than a figure head?

Absolutely not!!

This is not a dog and pony show. This is a major shake up in the power structure within the organization.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Do you really think that Dan Marino, Mr. Miami Dolphin himself, would compromise the his integrity and the integrity of the Miami Dolphins by taking on a position that is nothing more than a figure head?

Absolutely not!!

This is not a dog and pony show. This is a major shake up in the power structure within the organization.

Hear hear. The fact that its Marino they hired gives all kinds of legitimacy to this deal.

This organization has needed a bold move like this for years...now we just have to sit back and watch it unfold.

Originally posted by Graythreat

nothing but a dog and a pony eh? what would YOU have changed 2 weeks after the seasons over? Do you want us to sign FA's? how about the draft, we didn't make any big moves in it yet did we? what a waste!

FYI the offseason moves haven't started yet. FIRST of all Wayne retained wanny. And for good reason. Theres no one out there that would be a guranteed upgrade over the guy. In doing so he not only ensured that we have a coach that will try to win now, but by taking Wanny's power away he ensured that Wanny won't be able to put everythign into these next 2 years sacrificing the future of the team.

Next, he made Spielman Wanny's equal. Spiel has done a great job bargain hunting. We have a great team here. Now that wanny doesn't have Spielman by the nuts, he's free to make some actual moves. He's a fine GM, there are better out there, but the falts have not been Spielman's over the years. you can blame Wayne for not giving him the power in the first place.

And lastly by bringing in Danny, wayne just told Wanny win "or else". Wanny and Dan aren't friends, much less Fiedler. We now have a charismatic player with a lot of stock in this team at the head of our organization. Gone are Wanny's personell powers. Here are people with power and foresight. Things HAVE changed, you just have to give them a chance to show you.

OMG....I swear I never saw this post gray...but I made almost the exact same post in another thread.....no joke....this is weird...:eek:

Originally posted by inFINSible

OMG....I swear I never saw this post gray...but I made almost the exact same post in another thread.....no joke....this is weird...:eek:

lol, well great minds think alike eh? no problem with that.

I have a reckoning that Dan will get us our rookie (ELI!) QB. And we all though Griese would be gone. But is that so true now?

The way I understand it, Dan won't be making that decision. Personnel decisions will be Spielman's and I think that is for the best. Dan has a lot to learn about working in the front office.

nothing but a dog and a pony eh? what would YOU have changed 2 weeks after the seasons over? Do you want us to sign FA's?

How about actually SIGNING one of those big-name General Manager candidates we brought in? You know, ones with track records of bringing in good offensive talent.
Oops, I forgot...we COULDN'T do that, because all of them wanted the same thing: to fire Dave Wannstedt.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Yeah, it's weird you could both be delusional in exactly the same fashion.

The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that we will get a strong armed quarterback in here. I don't know if that's through the draft or free agency but it will happen.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that we will get a strong armed quarterback in here. I don't know if that's through the draft or free agency but it will happen.

Don't be certain of that at all. The way things are going, I wouldn't be a BIT surprised if Fiedler is our starter come the season opener.

youa keen follower of the time old saying "ignorance is bliss" aren't you? What you call delusional, I call being enlightened.

Thsi is a HUGE step for the organization. We're shaking things up. That is what SHOULD be done. It is no more of a risk than it would have been to bring in a whole new HC. At least now we have a good GM, and a VP of football operations who KNOWS football. He's not a college taught analyzer. He's a proven Hall of Fame quarterback who KNOWS football. He's been there done that. Knows what it takes to win games, knows how to motivate his team mates, and what intangibles you look for in players. Dan is the man. Be pessemistic if you must. I'll rejoice as this new stone is overturned in the Miami franchise.

Okay...that was funny....:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom