wow..big changes. Now what happens? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow..big changes. Now what happens?

Originally posted by Graythreat

youa keen follower of the time old saying "ignorance is bliss" aren't you?

So THAT explains why you pollyannas are so happy all the time...and so shocked when the Fins continue to be an also-ran, perpetually mired in mediocrity.

What you call delusional, I call being enlightened.

What you call hell, Rambo calls home... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Don't be certain of that at all. The way things are going, I wouldn't be a BIT surprised if Fiedler is our starter come the season opener.

And your basis? Oh yeah "even though the front office pulled the most drastic move for af ranchise in recent memory, the team is the same". In all honesty it looks like Jay is GONE.

What makes you believe that Jay is staying? Wanny has forsaken him. Wanny was his only saving grace, yet he said that the QB position needs an upgrade. To make matters worse Dan has been very verbal in the past that he thinks going with Jay was a mistake. He liked Brock, and ripped wanny publicly for standing by Jay.

Oh wait.......he was right............what a horrible judge of talent.....:rolleyes:

And your basis? Oh yeah "even though the front office pulled the most drastic move for af ranchise in recent memory, the team is the same". In all honesty it looks like Jay is GONE.

The WHAT????
You ACTUALLY call this a drastic move???
Good God, I've had visits to the john that produced more drastic moves than this! This is NOTHING but smoke and mirrors! We STILL have Dave Wannstedt for a coach! We STILL have Rick Speilman as the titular personell man, who will STILL be "consulting with" Wannstedt!
NOT A DAMN THING HAS CHANGED!

What makes you believe that Jay is staying?

1)Wanny is still our head coach
2)Speilman is still in charge of personell.
3)Neither has shown ANY indication of willingness to spend an early pick on a QB.
4)The scrub FA QBs they've brought in have contributed NOTHING.

1)Wanny is still our head coach
2)Speilman is still in charge of personell.
3)Neither has shown ANY indication of willingness to spend an early pick on a QB.
4)The scrub FA QBs they've brought in have contributed NOTHING.

1. Wanny is still head coach that has NOT signed an extension, and has no power over personell

2. Speilman JUST got power to pick personell (Wanny had it before)

3. Wanny himself said the QB position needs an upgrade, and with Wanny overriding him in past drafts and having a HOF QB being his boss, AND having a QB controversy in miami Spielmen will be eager to build a team of players that HE picked (which would include Bolding if he had his way FYI)

4. Sage hasn't got a chance to play as of yet, we can't afford to keep Jay AND Brian next year, Jay has had 4 years and produced NOTHING, is despised by (dan).

Seems to me hes' out.

1. Wanny is still head coach that has NOT signed an extension, and has no power over personell

He WILL be consulted wrt personell...and don't kid yourself as to what that means.

2. Speilman JUST got power to pick personell (Wanny had it before)

Putting Speilman in that position is insane. He WILL NOT overrule Wanny on personell matters no matter what Huizenga says.

3. Wanny himself said the QB position needs an upgrade

And his idea of competition at the QB spot in the past has been:
1)Ray Lucas
2)Sage Rosenfels
3)Cade McNown
and
4)Brian Griese.

What budding superstar do you suppose they'll bring in to "compete" with Jay next? Jeff Blake? Tony Banks?

4. Sage hasn't got a chance to play as of yet

I've seen him in the preseason and I am not impressed at all.

we can't afford to keep Jay AND Brian next year

Griese is gone.

Jay has had 4 years and produced NOTHING

Same could be VERY justifiably said about Wanny. And he's coming back...

Oh wait.......he was right............what a horrible judge of talent.....:rolleyes:

Unless I'm forgetting where Damon Huard went and tore up the league, I don't think we can say Dan was right. I love Dan just as much as anyone else here, but past precident of players of Dan's caliber doing in the front office (Think Michael Jordan) makes me a bit less excited than if we had landed one of the other names that had been floating around the board lately. He was by far the greatest football player to play the game, IMHO, but that doesn't guarantee front office success. Different skills.

Gray, I'm telling you right now....give it up...you will NEVER get through to him....trust me....it can't be done...It doesn't matter what you say.....He will consult his crystal ball and tell YOU what is GOING TO HAPPEN.....You are wasting your time....

Um Huard actually was more impressive than Fiedler in training camp that year and who's to say he would not have done better. Wanny just chose to start Fiedler because he supposedly though that Fiedler could become very good for some reason.

How about actually SIGNING one of those big-name General Manager candidates we brought in? You know, ones with track records of bringing in good offensive talent.
Oops, I forgot...we COULDN'T do that, because all of them wanted the same thing: to fire Dave Wannstedt.

actually , that could be true, maybe they all said, yeah i would come here, but then my first move would be, get rid of DW.....

Originally posted by inFINSible
Gray, I'm telling you right now....give it up...you will NEVER get through to him....trust me....it can't be done...It doesn't matter what you say.....He will consult his crystal ball and tell YOU what is GOING TO HAPPEN.....You are wasting your time....

And if you recall, my crystal ball was right. And no, you'll never break through my logical arguments with your Pollyanna attitude based on nothing but wishful thinking.

Originally posted by Jaj
Um Huard actually was more impressive than Fiedler in training camp that year and who's to say he would not have done better. Wanny just chose to start Fiedler because he supposedly though that Fiedler could become very good for some reason.

I don't think I have to prove that a great training camp doesn't neccesarily turn into a great regular season. I'm not saying he was wrong, but given what we know today nobody can say he was right. I'm not saying Dan will fail, I hope more than anything that he succeeds ... I'm just saying I'm concerned. Definitely moreso than I would've been if we would've been able to land a Ron Wolf as GM or something. I'm not purporting to know how this is going to turn out, just giving my impressions.

But that's just a pointless argument. Maybe it doesn't prove a great season, but all because Ray Lucas failed all QBs that do well in training camp should be told they did good and be cut, and the loser started?

Originally posted by Jaj
But that's just a pointless argument. Maybe it doesn't prove a great season, but all because Ray Lucas failed all QBs that do well in training camp should be told they did good and be cut, and the loser started?

Can you explain to me how DW cutting Huard relates to Dan's ability to judge talent? I don't like DW, I didn't like him when he replaced JJ and I don't like him now so I don't know why you are expecting me to defend Dave's choices. I am concerned about how Dan will function in his new role, I don't know what argument you are trying to bait me into.

Back
Top Bottom