Wow - Joe Rose Of All People Does Not Want To Give Tua A New Deal Yet | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow - Joe Rose Of All People Does Not Want To Give Tua A New Deal Yet

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I also think QB is the one spot where "value" should not be the overriding factor. What good is value in attaining a third tier QB?

This is not Tua specific, nor should it be construed as directed at him. It's more of an overall philosophy.

For example, you might be able to get good "value" on guys like Sam Howell or Jake Browning. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to go after them, and I'm certainly not going to give them a long term, high guarantee contract.

As far as Tua, if one thinks he is "it". Pay him "it" money. If one thinks he's just "OK", why resign him at all.

I can see the opinion of sign him to a big contract if one thinks he is "elite". If one thinks that, why are you trying to underpay?

I can also see the opinion of let the 5th year play out and reassess if one is not convinced at this time.

What I really can't wrap my head around is wanting to sign QB one thinks is average or even a little above to a mid level salary. I just don't get the logic. Why extend him at all if one doesn't believe he is a top guy?
Hey M, there are a couple of ways to read this upcoming decision.

1. They give him the bag, this means everyone has boarded the Zero and have pointed it toward the Essex.

2. They give him the five year, this could mean that they are hedging.
a. The way "they" sell this is that it will help the cap this year while laying a foundation for next year.
1. Yup, they would be hedging.

The nature of ****roaches is they do not put themselves in harms way, their overriding program is survival. I don't know why I added this, must be my inner Lemming. 😁

The Ever Defending The Pack VIPER

In case you didn't know, the station is WQAM.

Search "WQAM listen live".

Be prepared for a butt load of commercials.

I used to listen every morning, but can't do it anymore.
JM Lexus, cannot take it anymore!

The Dolphins are in a tough spot with the Tua extension looming. As are any teams with good QB's right now. The Market is what will pay Tua and he will get a top 5 deal. Whether we agree, like or dislike him, this regime is tied to him and the success or lack there of to come. I would love if he made less than top ten money and the only way that happens will be if Tua takes a big team discount. I see that happening in other sports but not sure it does in football as the Union is strong.

What a great debate it will be when that number roles in....likely before the draft???? I say this because it will affirm they believe they have their QB....which Grier has already publicly mentioned and they will not want any QB distractions during and prior to the draft.

What I find less obvious is what happens to Wilkins.

P.S. does anyone know a way to listen in to Joe Rose's show if you live far away? I've tried with no luck yet.

Just suggestions and others may have provided this already.
I was just listening to the Radio Station USA link and it sounded like it may have been a live broadcast. :shrug:

:R5:

I get why a lot of you would get mad....but come on...did Rose really say anything wrong?

He even says not to get rid of Tua....but the point was to highlight that backing up the brinks truck ain't a good idea just yet.

Make It Rain Money GIF
it will be big news if Tua doesn’t get his contract this off-season

Making him play on the fifth year is a slap in the face

I’m real disappointed in the player at this point because of how he let himself go at this level so I’m against giving him the big contract until I see some change in his approach to his craft jmo

Hopefully wecan see that change very soon

So franchise him for 2 seasons in a row then watch him walk away while we try to get by with the Case Keenum, Taylor Hienicke and Sam Howell's of this world?

7 years later and Washington are still looking for a QB.
Lets see how long it takes Adam Peters to turn that team around, I bet it doesn’t take him long at all! Isay they make the playoffs in his first year.

it will be big news if Tua doesn’t get his contract this off-season

Making him play on the fifth year is a slap in the face

I’m real disappointed in the player at this point because of how he let himself go at this level so I’m against giving him the big contract until I see some change in his approach to his craft jmo

Hopefully wecan see that change very soon
Agree w everything. He’s going to get the money but they should really wait a year. Demand he gets into shape and not be such a dough boy. And he needs to continue to work on his mechanics. Too many passes while not on a good throwing platform - and some were unforced.

I wouldn’t pay him yet….

He’s only stayed healthy once year by getting rid of the ball the fastest in the NFL?

That’s fine but you also have to win big games in the clutch ….

Why are there so many posts written about "the market" ? What other teams do should not matter to the Dolphins decision making. We've seen the best of Tua for two consecutive years and it is not near good enough to take the Dolphins to the Superbowl. Obviously, it's time to move on and try a new roster, including QB.
The "market" for a Dolphins QB right now is Tua's 5th year option plus any rookie QB contract.

like i said it is that mind control device. i made joe rose say it so i could post it. and don't kid yourself, if joe rose said "sign him up" and someone else posted it, you would be so excited you would need to be admitted to the hospital to get that thing to go down! :)
You miss the point. You make new threads for every single thought someone has about Tua. Stick to one Tua thread and just post it all in there.

..and I think giving Tua a big contract would be a huge mistake.

Back
Top Bottom