wow...just wow!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow...just wow!!!

rushfinfan85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been waiting for the right time for my first post and this is it. Watching the tcu game tonight jerry hughes looks amazing. I have seen him play with his hand in the dirt and also standing and he looks great on both situations. field awareness staying within himself(not getting out of position trying to make to many plays) knocking down balls at the los and pressuring the qb almost every play. He almost looks like a man amonst boys! He has proven himself to me. Wow what a player!!!

Yeah, he's high on my draftboard than most others. I like Jerry Hughes and he will be a factor on any team.

funny this post never saw hughes play so i'm watching this game and #98 keeps standing out, I'm like dang whos is that and then i heard the name! i laugh that's the guy everyone's talking about!

Thats what we need to draft at #12 a player that absolutely "jumps" at you!

he's not jumping out to me...looks like he's going half speed almost unless he's turning the corner on the speed rush...

i do like the guy as a stand up player though...looks most effective tonight at least that way

but i have a question...what's with that 4 point stance that he barely gets off the ball after the snap on where his azz is almost on the ground??? strange

definitely 3-4 olb weakside player

i still can't get the utah game tape i saw out of my head...guy was unstoppable

what size is lb daryl washington??? he looks long and lean and thin torso

now i liked those last few plays from hughes very much...:up:

If McClain and Bryant are gone at #12 I'd have no problem getting this guy.

he's not jumping out to me...looks like he's going half speed almost unless he's turning the corner on the speed rush...

i do like the guy as a stand up player though...looks most effective tonight at least that way

but i have a question...what's with that 4 point stance that he barely gets off the ball after the snap on where his azz is almost on the ground??? strange

definitely 3-4 olb weakside player

i still can't get the utah game tape i saw out of my head...guy was unstoppable

i notice that as well he seems to go full speed only when he realizes he can get to the qb. J porter has that tendency as well! when hughes does decide to go all-out look out he is a monster! one thing tho i see him more as a 4-3 DE!

there's no doubt he's very talented...i'd just like to see more effort to get off blocks and some hand usage when engaged

just looks a little content on some plays...but i'm probably being picky...he may be throttling it down some to not get hurt

that flow down the los where he gained the inside on the tackle and made the stop and forced the fumble was nice...very nice

good player i agree...

i notice that as well he seems to go full speed only when he realizes he can get to the qb. J porter has that tendency as well! when he does decide to go all-out look out he is a monster! one thing tho i see him more as a 4-3 DE!

he's most effective in my eyes standing up...the 4 point stance he's in on a few occasions he doesn't even get off the ball

standing up is where i see the best player and we need a standup olb

regarding hughes and a 4-3 end i've seen some other games stuff where he gets blown off the ball vs the run...just don't think he defends the run well enough to play 4-3 end

that's another reason i think 3-4 olb only

6'2" 234. He s an athletic ILB, but some have said that he has less than optiminal instincts.

His instincts looked good to me on the stop he made on 3rd and short towards the end of the 3rdQ.

Shot the gap, got into the backfield and took the ball carrier down.

As for Jerry Hughes, the uniform department might as well get his jersey ready....at 6'3' 257lbs I'm thinking Tuna has alot of "man love" for this kid! :lol:

Anyone think we could perhaps trade down a few picks and still get him?...I think we could.

His instincts looked good to me on the stop he made on 3rd and short towards the end of the 3rdQ.

Shot the gap, got into the backfield and took the ball carrier down.

As for Jerry Hughes, the uniform department might as well get his jersey ready....at 6'3' 257lbs I'm thinking Tuna has alot of "man love" for this kid! :lol:

Anyone think we could perhaps trade down a few picks and still get him?...I think we could.

i don't know...there's 3 3-4 teams i think in front of us and wolb pass rushers are usually prime draft picks

Back
Top Bottom