WOW- Mallett in the 3rd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW- Mallett in the 3rd

Well nobody can comment on lack of leadership UNLESS you yourself have played with him or watched every Arkansas game.

A college kid is gonna party & drink, ALL OF EM, & he got arrested while walking, not serious enough to turn away me or even teams,

Alot of NFL QBs have a lack of athletic mobility. Besides a handful, whats your point?

I don't like him as an NFL QB. We all have opinions on him and all players to say one's is better than the other is the issue. No one knows how he's going to turn out. For his sake I hope all the things I don't like about him come out differently and the kids turns out to be a great NFL QB no matter what team he plays for, I just don't like him for Miami. No point...what's yours?

What was Dan McGwire's throwing motion like? High? Low? Hitchy? Pushed? How was his footwork? Long strider? Short strider? Weak arm? Strong arm? Good spin on the ball? Or did it flutter? Do tell.

CK, not sure why you are pushing this but ok. His throwing motion was actually a little 3/4. Very similar to Rivers. His footwork was actually better than Mallett's but Mallett's arm is much better. Sorry I don't have the time to watch hundred's of hours of tape like you do so I will let you stick to the expertise of it all. Once again, it's all opinions and like a**holes, we all have them...

Mallet will eventually lose that ghetto white kid voice once he becomes a star hopefully on the Dolphins.

Good lord, the projections on this kid are all over the place. All this is super weird. I bet there are more than a few teams highly interested in drafting this kid and they are just fighting to see who can get him at the rock bottom price (lowest draft pick). They see an easy opportunity with him because of a few trangression early in his college career and they can try and steer opinion on him and drive down the price.

Next Thursday evening is going to be very interesting. Then of course if Cincy takes him at #4 all these shenannigans are for naught.:lol:

I agree with you. My best guess is that one or more teams have thoroughly looked over the QB prospects and decided that Mallet is the guy they like and are now attempting to drive down his price. It's easy to do because there were already the rumors about him.

Gotcha, sorry my intelligence level isn't up to par for you. All this is a matter of opinion, and the sooner you and all the Mallett fan realize this then we can truly have intelligent conversations. Just as you are a fan of his, I am not. Not only for the things I have mentioned but his lack of leadership, drinking/partying issues, and his lack of athletic ability. Yes those are rumors, well maybe not all since he was arrested for public intoxication, but who knows, maybe that was a rumor as well. Where there is smoke there is fire and there sure as heck been a lot of smoke signals about Mallett.

A strong arm does not a QB make. If Miami drafts him then I will root for him and hope and pray he becomes a HOF QB, but I personally want no part of him because I see him more of a Dan McGwire than I do a Dan Marino.

My friend I am in no way trying to take a dig at anyone's intelligence I was merely stating that the exaggerations on both the pro Mallet and against Mallet sides are getting ridiculous. You have half this board claiming he is the next Marino, and the other half claiming he is Ryan Leaf 2.0.

I did not mean any disrespect and apologize if it came off that way.

My friend I am in no way trying to take a dig at anyone's intelligence I was merely stating that the exaggerations on both the pro Mallet and against Mallet sides are getting ridiculous. You have half this board claiming he is the next Marino, and the other half claiming he is Ryan Leaf 2.0.

I did not mean any disrespect and apologize if it came off that way.

No problem, sorry if I took it wrong. It is funny how passionate we all get over how we think the Dolphins can get to what we all want...LOL

Without even looking back at your previous post on you saying Mallet is the next Leaf. Saying that you've been saying it for the last couple months. I'm gonna call Bullsh#t on that one. Seems like since Brian Billick said it earlier this month everyone has been saying it and were saying it for the last couple months...

This one really pissed me off Heisman34. From now on you should think twice about coming on here and calling someone a liar. I posted in JANUARY:

01-31-2011 08:49 PM #9
SCOTTY
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
Starter

Thanked 102 Times in 59 PostsSeveral posters have told me the same thing. But I'm sticking to my guns. Mallett-character issues, accuracy issues, very bad mechanics, terrible footwork. All the guy has is a cannon arm. I see a Ryan Leaf type bust. Gabbert- played in a spread offense, barley took a snap under center. Has some accuracy issues. He is a big dude-not in the athletic way completely. I just don't see he taking a team and leading it. Only time will tell for these guys. But I'm not going to back down from my stance. I don't see any QB in this draft as "franchise" and actually see more busts than fans want to admit.

Back
Top Bottom