wow.. Merril Hodge is destroying Aaron Rodgers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow.. Merril Hodge is destroying Aaron Rodgers

SkapePhin said:
He says he doesnt translate to the NFL.. Anyone seeing this?

Doesnt have intermediate, long distance accuracy.. He said he watched 6 complete games, analyzed them, including the USC game and that he thinkg Rodgers crumbles under pressure.. Now Mueller is saying that Rodgers carries a mid 1st round grade and that SF's interest in him raised his status..

Hmmm...

I never like Rodgers either, but wasnt it between him and Leinart when the first draft talk started?

I've seen complete game tapes of AJ Feeley and he sucks almost as bad as Ryan Leaf!!!

chambers84 said:
I've seen complete game tapes of AJ Feeley and he sucks almost as bad as Ryan Leaf!!!

So thats a reason to get a guy with the 2nd overall pick that will likely suck just as bad?

If it was easy to evaluate QBs, guys like Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, and Akili Smith would not have been high draft picks. And a guy like Tom Brady wouldn't have lasted until the 6th round. Face it, drafting a QB is a total crapshoot.

unifiedtheory said:
If he is such a genius why is he not employed in the NFL? The guy has interviewed for every job that has opened.

He swindled Dave Wannstedt...that is not exactly something that took an incredible amount of skill.

Swindled?

Aren't we using some hindsight here?

WE ROBBED THE SAINTS of Ricky Williams......

Hindsight is 20/20......

How the hell were we able to predict what was going to happen?

and of course...nevermind that everybody when the deal happened thought it was a steal.

I like Hoggie a lot, but I think he's way wrong about Rodgers. Him and Golic were going at it pretty good. Obviously I agreed with Golic.

And yes, the USC game is very overrated. In all the times I've praised Rodgers, I've never once brought up the USC game. It wasn't even one of his top 3 performances of the year. But Hoge is wrong, Rodgers DOES thrown downfield when given the opportunity, maybe not in the USC game, but in other games he did. He CAN make every throw. Tedford's offense, while brilliant, is a bit conservative. I think he was held back a little bit. I Tivo'd about 9 Cal games this year, so I'm more educated on his abilities than most...and I think he'll make an excellent NFL QB. Nothing Hoge says is going to convince me otherwise.

Rodgers scares me. I'm hoping SF takes him so I don't have to worry about him being a Phin. All we need is another indecisive QB.

Steve

LIQUID24 said:
I like Hoggie a lot, but I think he's way wrong about Rodgers. Him and Golic were going at it pretty good. Obviously I agreed with Golic.

And yes, the USC game is very overrated. In all the times I've praised Rodgers, I've never once brought up the USC game. It wasn't even one of his top 3 performances of the year. But Hoge is wrong, Rodgers DOES thrown downfield when given the opportunity, maybe not in the USC game, but in other games he did. He CAN make every throw. Tedford's offense, while brilliant, is a bit conservative. I think he was held back a little bit. I Tivo'd about 9 Cal games this year, so I'm more educated on his abilities than most...and I think he'll make an excellent NFL QB. Nothing Hoge says is going to convince me otherwise.

You may be right. Some QBs throw short because they don't have the arm to do anything else. Rodgers looks like he was programmed to think short first and foremost at Cal. That won't fly in the NFL. His arm and release look plenty good enough to succeed downfield.

I don't want Miami to pick Rodgers but if we do I'll default to a hope Saban and Linehan can reprogram Rodgers to prioritize the deeper stuff. I also attended the Cal/USC game at Berkeley in 2003. Rodgers burned us with deep stuff in the first half. I think it was 21-7 Cal at halftime. Rodgers missed a wide open WR on a deep ball that would have put it away at 28-7. In the 2nd half 'SC adjusted and Cal was stymied. It was either 24-24 or 27-27 going into OT. That seemed to carry over to 2004 and 'SC agreed to allow the dinky stuff under the theory Cal wouldn't score enough via that mindset, which proved correct.

I just wish Rodgers had looked better in the bowl game. Texas Tech sucks but Rodgers made them look excellent. I can't get those short hoppers out of my memory.

Hodge is a moron, how many times did he break his skull in the NFL? While I believe that Rogers needs some minor work, I do not believe he will bust. He is also known to be highly accurate and a nice fit in a west coast offense.

If Hodge had the #2 overall pick he would take a fullback. Its all about the fullback. The "factorback". Where's Jaworski when u need him? Probaly watching his Arena team lose.

Rodgers can fit in any offense. I can't believe Hodge doubts his abilities. Phillip Rivers struggled with the deep ball and he went #4 overall, yet he trashes Rodgers.

hearing merrill hodge use the term "factor back" constantly is like hearing ray lucas say "franchise quarterback" a lot. it's stupid. hodge comes from the school of thought that you draft a runningback in the first, a lineman in the second, and get a QB on day 2, because the only thing that matters is running the ball apparently. and since smith ran the F'ing option, he's in love with the guy. what a moron. saying rodgers doesn't have a big arm is ridiculous. wtf is he talking about?? his top 3 receivers were injured, and he played a hell of a lot better than most QBs with their best receivers available at all times.

Back
Top Bottom