wow.. Merril Hodge is destroying Aaron Rodgers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow.. Merril Hodge is destroying Aaron Rodgers

burger13 said:
:roflmao: When was the last time that Kiper stepped on a football field??? I like his reports but they are all based off of what people tell him, and don't think for a second that some of the people feeding him info (or money) don't have a serious interest in making sure that he says some good things about certain prospects.

Hodge and half the other guys on ESPN are former players who understand better than you or I ever could, what it takes to translate to the NFL and they are the ones that Kiper must lean on when he does come up with an unbiased point of view.

Evaluating Talent and Playing football are two totally different things. Merril Hodge's opions don't mean sh1t. He's had a history of saying MORONIC things thus he holds no credibility. Rodgers will prove him wrong.

Some people have an eye for talent. Just because half the knuckle heads on the ESPN staff played football doesn't mean they have that talent.

SkapePhin said:
A fool who pawned a headcase to us in return for 2 first round picks and a 3rd? Mueller is smarter than y ou give him credit for.

Taking advantage of Wanny isnt an indication of intelligence.
Its like taking candy from a baby. A sleeping baby. A sleeping baby with its arms tied behind its back and its fingers taped together.

Jaj said:
Rodgers can fit in any offense. I can't believe Hodge doubts his abilities. Phillip Rivers struggled with the deep ball and he went #4 overall, yet he trashes Rodgers.

Whoa dude...what are you smokin'. I live over here...Rivers has never had a problem with the deep ball...ever. He's had more trouble with the lack of talent around him.

I'll quote Bobby Bowden again...he's the best QB he's ever faced.

LIQUID24 said:
I like Hoggie a lot, but I think he's way wrong about Rodgers. Him and Golic were going at it pretty good. Obviously I agreed with Golic.

And yes, the USC game is very overrated. In all the times I've praised Rodgers, I've never once brought up the USC game. It wasn't even one of his top 3 performances of the year. But Hoge is wrong, Rodgers DOES thrown downfield when given the opportunity, maybe not in the USC game, but in other games he did. He CAN make every throw. Tedford's offense, while brilliant, is a bit conservative. I think he was held back a little bit. I Tivo'd about 9 Cal games this year, so I'm more educated on his abilities than most...and I think he'll make an excellent NFL QB. Nothing Hoge says is going to convince me otherwise.

dude, every time I see your sig I crack up.
add yourself to your own ignore list.....Ha ! :lol:

SkapePhin said:
He says he doesnt translate to the NFL.. Anyone seeing this?

Doesnt have intermediate, long distance accuracy.. He said he watched 6 complete games, analyzed them, including the USC game and that he thinkg Rodgers crumbles under pressure.. Now Mueller is saying that Rodgers carries a mid 1st round grade and that SF's interest in him raised his status..

Hmmm...

I never like Rodgers either, but wasnt it between him and Leinart when the first draft talk started?

If any GM listens to Merril Hodge, shame on them.... :shakeno:

Phintasy said:
Whoa dude...what are you smokin'. I live over here...Rivers has never had a problem with the deep ball...ever. He's had more trouble with the lack of talent around him.

I'll quote Bobby Bowden again...he's the best QB he's ever faced.

Quoting Bobby Bowden, as of the last 3 years means nothing. Remember he was the same coach that stated. " Well we came in with a gameplan. Then it started to rain. We didn't have a gameplan for rain. How are we supposed to play in the rain?"

LOL!!

Also don't forget, until his workouts and combines he was rated the 4th QB behing Manning, Big Ben, and Losman. It was a chance between him or Losman falling to the Dolphins before the draft. Then he all of a sudden has a great workout and combine and magically jumps to #1 QB overall.

I am not trying to say Rivers will be a bust, but downfield accuracy was always a concern with him in the NFL, not in college but the NFL. Marino himself even stated that with his mechanics and throwing it will be tough to get the ball OVER the defenders with his sidearm action. Think Doug Flutie who has to jump almost every pass attempt to get it over the lineman.

Back
Top Bottom