Wow Rams Release Isaac Bruce | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow Rams Release Isaac Bruce

The youth movement calls are valid but, saying know to a quality veteran just because of his age seems a little sort sighted. Isaac Bruce has been a playmaker. Hard and studious player and has superbowl experience. If the price was right, I would welcome this kind of player to our team. Got to have some experience during this youth movement.

I'm guessing the Pats or Colts pick him up, depending on what kind of shape he's in...

Their is nothing wrong with bringing in any vet that likes teaching. Look at some of the best in the game and who taught them. Randy Moss-Chris Carter, TO- Jerry Rice etc, etc, etc. You guys need to quit being so simpleminded about youth. Everyone knows we need youth but you also have to have guys to help develope that youth on the team. Their is alot of differance in comrodary between a teammate teaching you and a coach drilling stuff at you. If we spend money on some old guys quit getting mad. Their is a method behind signing great knowledgeable and teaching vets.

Joey Galloway is 38 and playing like a receiver in his prime.

Their is nothing wrong with bringing in any vet that likes teaching. Look at some of the best in the game and who taught them. Randy Moss-Chris Carter, TO- Jerry Rice etc, etc, etc. You guys need to quit being so simgleminded about youth. Everyone knows we need youth but you also have to have guys to help develope that youth on the team. Their is alot of differance in comrodary between a teammate teaching you and a coach drilling stuff at you. If we spend money on some old guys quit getting mad. Their is a method behing signing great knowledgeable and teaching vets.

Agree completely. It seems like some fans are only willing to accept a player if he's under some personally predetermined age. Isaac Bruce may be a good pick up. He had 700+ yds last season, and the year before he had over 1000 yds.

I wouldnt mind a fossil that had more receiving yards the past two seasons than all of our wrs practically! Plus someone with high character teaching Ted how to be a solid NFL player. For the right price, I say go get him, Bill!

Agree completely. It seems like some fans are only willing to accept a player if he's under some personally predetermined age. Isaac Bruce may be a good pick up. He had 700+ yds last season, and the year before he had over 1000 yds.
Yeah, throw in the fact that he took Tory Holt under his wing and never onced complained when he became the 1st option. Isaac would be exactly the type of WR I would put with our youngsters. He has done everything great at a high level for a long time and has alot to teach and is willing to teach it all.

There is a misconception out there

That players would be good teachers to the other young players, If Issac Bruce comes to Miami , he's going to be fighting every young guy here for a job! He wants to show everyone that he can still PLAY not TEACH! That's what you pay coaches thousands of dollars to do. I'd give Bruce another shot cuz the guy knows how to get open and him and his family are big Dolphins fans forever!

That players would be good teachers to the other young players, If Issac Bruce comes to Miami , he's going to be fighting every young guy here for a job! He wants to show everyone that he can still PLAY not TEACH! That's what you pay coaches thousands of dollars to do. I'd give Bruce another shot cuz the guy knows how to get open and him and his family are big Dolphins fans forever!
I have to disagree with you there. Isaac has done it before and even Key was getting all pumped at last years draft to teach a younger guy what he knows. If Bruce came he wouldn't have to fight too hard he would automatically jump to the starting line up. Players are starting to take great pride in helping young hopefulls and taking them under their wing.

G-Force, i'll go with that cuz Bruce is a class act and very unselfish but the majority of players today are out there to make money, it's a business and when you are at the end of your career you have to keep showing people that you still have it physically, if there is a young guy out there and he's fighting a 13 year vet for a reciever spot kinda like Az Hakim was doing last year, the last thing he wants to do is help the kid take his own job, demoting him or having himself released like Hakim, we had that FB from the Jaguars and Niners, he taught a young FB how to catch out of the backfield and he ended up losing his job. There are 2 ways to look at it but I understand where you're coming from, I agree there are some players that are the ultimate team players and there are alot of players trying to get a final paycheck before they head out in the sunset.

G-Force, i'll go with that cuz Bruce is a class act and very unselfish but the majority of players today are out there to make money, it's a business and when you are at the end of your career you have to keep showing people that you still have it physically, if there is a young guy out there and he's fighting a 13 year vet for a reciever spot kinda like Az Hakim was doing last year, the last thing he wants to do is help the kid take his own job, demoting him or having himself released like Hakim, we had that FB from the Jaguars and Niners, he taught a young FB how to catch out of the backfield and he ended up losing his job. There are 2 ways to look at it but I understand where you're coming from, I agree there are some players that are the ultimate team players and there are alot of players trying to get a final paycheck before they head out in the sunset.
The GREAT players like Bruce have no problem helping people. Plus they have already made plenty of money. He is probably going to be playing for love of the game and IMO he still has something left. Hakim was a total differant player than Bruce. Hakim was a beneficiary of Bruce and Holt and fell on his face when he left for Detroit. He is no where near the class of a Bruce, Rice, or a Carter. You are right about players like him not wanting to teach but players like him really have nothing to teach anyway. The greats know the routes, timing, workouts, and everything else about being a complete WR while the Hakims know how to benefit off of them on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom