Wow! This Team Is A Mess In Contracts! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! This Team Is A Mess In Contracts!

4. Daunte Culpepper, QB = $6.9 Million

How can we / or any team for that matter, even consider paying Culpepper that kind of money?? That's ridiculous money, and when your back-up is making less / playing better, what's the use in keeping Culpepper around???....

Everyone talks about how Harrington is too expensive, but at least he earned his money, and ended up winning some football games for us. Let's not forget that he was slated to be the back-up either. He wasn't traded for in hopes of becoming our permanent starter{like Culpepper was}.....

If Culpepper is not willing to take a major paycut, he's no longer of any use to us in my opinion. We have two other Qb's already on the roster, both of which are cheaper and have proven to be more productive in a Phinz uniform...

I say dump Culpepper, and start from scratch at Qb.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

LMAO
aside from JT, what a bunch of overpaid underachievers. again, aside from JT, EVERYONE on that list is overpaid. yes, ZT too. he makes 7 mil a year and is useless both blitzing and in coverage. seth mckinney set to make 4 mil? that's criminal.

there are some very viable FA options to replace chambers (drew bennet, donte stallworth) even taking a reciever in the draft following trading either of them is an option as then we could use the picks on a TE or reciever to replace them and in the end hopefully have an improved more value for money offence and money can be spent elsewhere like the secondary, OLB, offensive line or even QB

As much as people may talk crap about Chambers, neither Stallworth or Bennet is any where near the player this guy is.

How can we / or any team for that matter, even consider paying Culpepper that kind of money?? That's ridiculous money, and when your back-up is making less / playing better, what's the use in keeping Culpepper around???....

Everyone talks about how Harrington is too expensive, but at least he earned his money, and ended up winning some football games for us. Let's not forget that he was slated to be the back-up either. He wasn't traded for in hopes of becoming our permanent starter{like Culpepper was}.....

If Culpepper is not willing to take a major paycut, he's no longer of any use to us in my opinion. We have two other Qb's already on the roster, both of which are cheaper and have proven to be more productive in a Phinz uniform...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

HARSH:fire:

all the bold players are very likely to not be on the team next year.....so ur thread is pointless!!!

Plus other such as Mare, wilkinson, JT and ZT might restructure!!!

It would be smarter to get rid of chambers and keep booker. He is half the price with twice the production.

Top Salary Cap Slammers on the Dolphins...
1. Jason Taylor, DE = $9.5 Million
2. Zach Thomas, LB = $7.987 Million
3. Chris Chambers, WR = $7.316 Million
5. Kevin Carter, DE = $6.475 Million
6. Randy McMichael, TE = $5.404 Million
7. Jeno James, G = $3.958 Million
8. Seth McKinney, G = $3.957 Million
9. Marty Booker, WR = $3.7 Million
10. Joey Harrington, QB = $3.48 Million
11. Ronnie Brown, RB = $3.43 Million
12. L.J. Shelton, G/T = $2.875 Million
13. Will Allen, CB = $2.525 Million
14. Dan Wilkinson, DT = $2.16 Million
15. Olindo Mare, K = $2.12 Million
16. Bennie Anderson, G = $2.1 Million
17. Renaldo Hill, S = $2.06 Million

I think the bold may be cut, the red will probably be asked to restructure.

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor may only have a few seasons left, so having them restructure doesn't make a lot of sense unless it came out of absolute necessity, since you'd still take the cap hit down the line. You also don't ask players like that who are still playing at a high level to take a pay cut.

You make an excellent point. It is amazing how many fans think the solution is to just restructure the contracts when the result is bigger problems down the road when it comes time for the restructuring to be counted against the cap.

is it me or is our TEAM JUST OVERPAID!

i've been saying it all along, chambers at 7+million and Mcmike at 5+ million, and mare at 2+ million dont cut it anymore, we need better players for that loot............

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wow. I think you should start your own CutortradeCulpepper.com

The bold indicates players that will either restructure or that will be cut. IMO by the way.

What about the 12.5+ million being paid to the biggest underproducers on the list, Culpepper and McMichael? I think we have about 25 mil+ in savings. If Cam wants to really get better, he could save probably almost 35 mil and go with a very young team. We would suck, no doubt, but the key would be to find some guys who can play. Then next year we could draft Chad Henne or Brian Brohm.

To me, the salaries aren't a problem, they are an opportunity to cut ties with the past and look to the future.

I would fax this list to every team in the league and ask them what they would be willing to give for any of these players (Except Ronnie Brown) in the next two drafts. If you could compile an extra five or six picks in the next two drafts, we would be well on our way to rebuilding.

The core of the team would be Ronnie Brown and Vernon Carey. Thats scarey, I know, but it is what it is. If we could dump some of these guys, get some draft picks, trade down out of the number nine slot to get even more picks then we could start to stock this team with players who would be ready to win in 08 and 09.

This can be done. It should be done.

What about the 12.5+ million being paid to the biggest underproducers on the list, Culpepper and McMichael? I think we have about 25 mil+ in savings. If Cam wants to really get better, he could save probably almost 35 mil and go with a very young team. We would suck, no doubt, but the key would be to find some guys who can play. Then next year we could draft Chad Henne or Brian Brohm.

I'm not positive here, but are you assuming in your arguments that if you cut a player you "save" their salary? You do realize there is such a thing as dead weight, where if you cut a player there is a dead weight figure that counts against the cap for a player that is no longer playing?

I think the bold may be cut, the red will probably be asked to restructure.
that is almost the same exact thing i said!!! we are def on the same page Rob!!!...excpet i think Big Daddy stays and restructures!!

Im sure Mueller will do a good job of cleaning this up the best he can. We will be better of at the start of next season and I think alot of these high prices veterans will be gone (excluding Zach and Jason, although they are high cap numbers, i feel they deserve to make that-besides, Zach restructures EVERY year)

This is what Randy Mueller gets paid to figure out, we are still screwed up left over from Wannspiel, getting this turned around could be very painful. Might cost us some players we don't want to lose and might cost us a winning season before it is turned around. This is one reason you MUST build through the draft. (ala NE) And we have to hope Randy Mueller is a good GM, and stays a few years if he is.

Honestly what that list tells me is that in addition to the Fins already being about $17 million under the cap, we can quite painlessly lop off somewhere between $10 and $16 million more in players that don't hold a lot of value to the team.

Jeno James, L.J. Shelton, Joey Harrington, Seth McKinney, and Bennie Anderson can all be cut without it hurting too bad...and together they account for $16 million of our cap figure. Now, cutting them will not mean $16 of cap relief, but even so let's say it gives us $10 million of cap relief...that's a lot of dough...a bunch of open roster spots, but the team would be $27 million under the cap.

Back
Top Bottom