WR Benn runs an "official" 4.36 at pro day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Benn runs an "official" 4.36 at pro day

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In the case of Illinois receiver Arrelious Benn, we've confirmed that the "official" time registered by the school was 4.36. Per a league source, one team had Benn at 4.43 seconds, twice, in the 40-yard dash.

That said, some scouts had Benn at 4.38 seconds, only 0.02 above the official time.

There's also a potential issue at the Pro Day workouts regarding the surface on which the running is done. If the surface is regarded as faster than the FieldTurf at the RCA Dome, teams will add time to the result. In Benn's case, the run occurred at an indoor practice facility, on FieldTurf. Thus, no adjustment will be made.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Have always liked this kid. Hope he is around in the 2nd round but I don't see that happening. A dream scenario would be having Benn and BeBe around in the 2nd round to pick the guy we would most rather have. I know im dreaming.

Have always liked this kid. Hope he is around in the 2nd round but I don't see that happening. A dream scenario would be having Benn and BeBe around in the 2nd round to pick the guy we would most rather have. I know im dreaming.

I really can't see Benn being there for us in the 2nd round. I wonder how high he'll climb now based on the 4.36.

I thought it is not official unless electronically timed by the NFL? Isn't the proday done via stopwatch by coaches and scouts?

Either way good news, hopefully Benn jumps back in front Thomas so he actually has a chance to drop to us :)
chubbs

I've always pegged him as a late 1st rounder. I still stand by that.

Just another unreliable fantastic athlete. The NFL is full of them. Why draft these college guys who have had trouble with drop?

If they want to take a chance on someone' let them draft Joe Webb in the 6th. Or Emmanuel Sanders, or Scott Long.

IMO if a potential WR doesn't have really great hands, you are inviting disappointment by drafting them. Look at the Raiders WR corps; fantastic athletes, but they can't catch the ball under duress.

I really can't see Benn being there for us in the 2nd round. I wonder how high he'll climb now based on the 4.36.

The Raiders will pick him in the top 10. Al Davis is STILL looking for the next Cliff Branch :lol2:

I thought it is not official unless electronically timed by the NFL? Isn't the proday done via stopwatch by coaches and scouts?

Either way good news, hopefully Benn jumps back in front Thomas so he actually has a chance to drop to us :)
chubbs

Even the electronic ones are not considered OFFICIAL, only "official" lol. And they aren't actually done by the NFL its some company they hire.

Kinda like when someone makes a post titled: Official Benn discussion... and people can or cannot go by that to make their decision where to post :)

Lots of coaches and scouts only go by their own clock and dont care what the electronic one said... Obviously that system sucks because we saw how bad they handled the Mays times as just one example.

I think Benns gonna be a good receiver in the NFL

The games I watched Benn play, he looked like a faster version of a young Anquan Boldin. Benn plays a physical brand of ball at the WR position and has good hands

Thats good that means he may go before Thomas which drops him back to us...

Back
Top Bottom