WR for next years 1st round pick???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR for next years 1st round pick????

I still am i Shock from the Eddie Moore pick. It makes me very cautious about getting excited for the draft this year.

I don't think our line is in bad shape next year(it will be better than this years). Youth and experience are the main things holding some guys back now. I really only think we will need a RT. Wade Smith (LT) will be better after bulking up some- excellent player for years to come, Yates (G) I believe he will be ready to start next year- undrafted FA STEAL, McKinney (C or G) ready to go now, between Dixon, Nails, Perry, Ruddy, Whitley, and Jerman, one of our other spots (C or G) are filled. That just leaves an opening at RT. With the year T Wade is having, he may resign pretty cheap as well (he played good last year, pretty bad this year). Adding another stud WR will make the lines job a helluva lot easier as well. Teams won't be able to constantly stack the box, and we can play the way we should be able to. I think our line will be just fine (might need to find a RT).

Well we did give up a second round pick for Wade Smith, so in my mind he cost us a second round pick. He was picked in a certain position which is other teams screw up. Such as our screw up for passing on well, alot of people for Eddie Moore. I still don't see the logic of that pick unless they were planning on letting Greenwood walk after this year and replacing him with Moore.

OLB in our scheme is a position that is easy to find and we blow our first pick on a position of strength instead of getting a WR whch is what we needed. Oh well, spilled milk i guess.

No but the problem is we also did not draft Holland who went in the fourth to the Saints and is playing great and has major upside.

Draft a FS in the second or third, someone that can become a player like Marion.. Remember i tihnk marion went in the 6th roound or so...

The most depressing part of last year's draft is that we had Anquan Boldin on the phone, but we passed on him and took Eddie Moore. Moore wasn't going to start anyway and Boldin is basically a lock to get Rookie of the Year.

We need to take a WR in the first round of the next draft. Not having a second round pick really sucks. We have major offensive line problems and we will need to take a RT. I have been hard on Wade Smith but he will be our LT next year. He hasn't performed well but he has a lot of potential and if he bulks up he can be a very good LT. He was rushed into a position that he wasn't supposed to be in but Dixon got hurt and we had no one else to turn to.

Besides WR, we need to get a RT. Todd Wade is a goner and we will need a replacement. I think we are more likely to look for a RT in free agency then in the draft.

We will also need a guard. We really wasted a third round pick on Taylor Whitley last year and he was almost released from what I have heard here. His teammate, Billy Yates, went undrafted and has already seen playing time, something Whitley hasn't. I think our third round pick will be a guard since that is a need.

Hind sight s 20/20 though guys. While Eddie Moore wouldn't have been my first pick, I don't think I would have taken Boldin either. He's having a GREAT year, and I give him props. But at the time we retained all of our WR's (OG was shopping around) but didn't we have Thompson? I thought he was going to do well...good thing i'm not part of the FO.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
1) Roy Williams - My Pick Larry or no Larry
2) Reggie Williams - Great Game
3) Mike Williams - Palmer would love to see him in Cincy!!!!
4) Rashaun Woods - He might be Rookie of the YEAR!!!
5) Michael Jenkins- Great Size
6) Mark Clayton - Gotta love the last Name!!!
7) Braylon Edwards - Good Routes
8) Michael Clayton - Gotta love the last NAME AGAIN...lol
9) Lee Evans - Chambers and Evans I could see it!!!
10) B.J. Johnson - Sure would be better McDrops & Thompson
11) Ernest Wilford - I would be scared to pick him...Great Size
12) Darrius Watts - Yeah you know he has great hands!!!

Only 4 or 5 of those WRs will go in the first round at most because there is great depth. You can cross off Mike Williams because he's a sophomore & Braylon Edwards because he has already announced that he has no intentions of leaving Ann Arbor. Mark Clayton is a junior & you have him way overrated on your list. Reggie Williams & Michael Clayton are also juniors but I expect both will leave early.

1-Roy Williams
2-Reggie Williams*
3-Rashaun Woods
4-Lee Evans
5-Michael Clayton*
6-Michael Jenkins
7-Devard Darling*
8-Bernard Berrian
9-James Newson
10-Earnest Wilford
11-Darius Watts
12-BJ Williams
13-Devery Henderson
14-Keary Colbert
15-Jerricho Cotchery
16-Maurice Brown
17-Jamaar Taylor
18-John Standeford

& two small school receivers will be in the top 20 somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: WR for next years 1st round pick????

Originally posted by SMadison29

Only 4 or 5 of those WRs will go in the first round at most because there is great depth. You can cross off Mike Williams because he's a sophomore & Braylon Edwards because he has already announced that he has no intentions of leaving Ann Arbor. Mark Clayton is a junior & you have him way overrated on your list. Reggie Williams & Michael Clayton are also juniors but I expect both will leave early.

1-Roy Williams
2-Reggie Williams*
3-Rashaun Woods
4-Lee Evans
5-Michael Clayton*
6-Devard Darling*
7-Bernard Berrian
8-James Newson
9-Earnest Wilford
10-Darius Watts
11-BJ Williams
12-Keary Colbert
13-Jerricho Cotchery
14-Maurice Brown
15-Jamaar Taylor

Dude you left out the great Michael Jenkins!!!!! He'll go late first or early second. It's very possible that Braylon Edwards leaves this year, as might Larry Fitzgerald now!!! I do agree with your other statements though.

Originally posted by dolfans1988
Draft a FS in the second or third, someone that can become a player like Marion.. Remember i tihnk marion went in the 6th roound or so...

We could probably land Will Allen from Ohio State in the fifth or sixth round. He would be a steal there. He really lays the wood!!!!! Tim Anderson is also a workhorse DT with a GREAT attitude that we could steal late in the draft as well. Both guys are second round caliber players that will be around much longer than they should be. Tim Anderson has probably been the most under-rated Buckeye the last three years!! He has an incredible work ethic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: WR for next years 1st round pick????

Originally posted by unclemonty

Dude you left out the great Michael Jenkins!!!!! He'll go late first or early second. It's very possible that Braylon Edwards leaves this year, as might Larry Fitzgerald now!!! I do agree with your other statements though.

I accidently deleted Jenkins. I also forgot to include Devery Henderson, I'll edit it right quick.

Larry Fitzgerald can't leave unless he joins up with Maurice Clarett in the NFL entry law suit.

Braylon has already announced he staying, he's entitled to change his mind but for now that's what we have to go by.

No supposedly it is a shaky issue about the three years removed from high school thing. He graduated a different time than his class. The NFL supposedly is leaning towards letting him go into the draft if he declares.

Actually Fitzgerald went to prep school for a year after high school. The rule is three years removed from high school (which he is). Experts say if he wants to come out it's about 90% chance it would be allowed. He said before he wasn't leaving after this year, but I think he is beginning to change his mind seeing dollar signs in his sleep as is Braylon. Why should Fitzgerald stay, he is a guaranteed top 5 pick next year!!! He could get injured next season and get nuttin'.

Back
Top Bottom