WR in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR in the draft

BJJKID

Rookie
Reaction score
Parcells doesn't like taking WR early in the draft. Ok. But Parcells is not drafting our players. Jeff Ireland is. Parcells and Sparano will offer opinions certainly, but ultimately it rests with Ireland.

With that in mind, could we possibly try to draft Golden Tate from Notre Dame? Then take Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round? We solve 2 huge problems with our team with those 2 picks.

Could Golden Tate be another Steve Smith (Car)? Don't know.

Barring a trade, I don't see any team picking in front of us that will take Dez Bryant....if he's there and we go another direction....then we'll all know parcells is pulling the strings on the puppets.

The only FA I absolutely want is Dansby.

Parcells doesn't like taking WR early in the draft. Ok. But Parcells is not drafting our players. Jeff Ireland is. Parcells and Sparano will offer opinions certainly, but ultimately it rests with Ireland.

With that in mind, could we possibly try to draft Golden Tate from Notre Dame? Then take Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round? We solve 2 huge problems with our team with those 2 picks.

If we'd take those two players, I'd say it switches and Spikes would be round 1, Tate round 2.

With that said, I want Bryant in round 1.

I think Miami will sign Miles Austin as a free agent. In the first round I expect Miami to go after a D lineman or an ILB.

Austin isn't getting out of Dallas....and he will be an RFA that will require draft pick compensation if he isn't resigned.

I think this should be moved to the draft forum, but to answer I don't think we need another speedy small WR. Im putting Dez Bryant and Jordan Shipley higher on my board. I think we need size over speed right now and a solid #1. I don't even know that we find that in either of these guys, but it may be worth a shot. If we did find a solid #1, who is the odd man out, Ginn, Hartline, Bess and Camarillo?? I know most are ready to throw Ginn to the dogs, but you cant teach speed and with a solid #1 he would be more of a deep threat. I think also they will have to evaluate if they can do anything in the FA market really depends on all this CBA mumbo jumbo too.

Barring a trade, I don't see any team picking in front of us that will take Dez Bryant....if he's there and we go another direction....then we'll all know parcells is pulling the strings on the puppets.

I would actually rather have DJ Williams as he is younger (albeit only a year) and there may be less competition for getting him (which means a smaller contract potentially). Dansby is maybe slightly better, but I think we need to conserve as much money as possible if there is a cap of course.

There wont be a salary cap, that writing is on the wall....

Williams will then be an RFA.

I second Dansby.. I know Parcells really likes him and maybe thats why we didnt address the situation this year because he knows that the Cards have to make a decision about him soon in regards to a long term contract. If we get Dansby all that TE having huge games on us is out the window. If we dont sign another FA after Dansby i would be fine with it but we need him!

WRONG. Parcells let Ireland argue his case, but Parcells has the final say.

So Ireland is a GM in name only?

I agree Tate is smallish but he's so dynamic and far more polished than Ginn will ever be. He does remind me of Steve Smith from Carolina.

Dansby would be a great pick up and so long as we get Tate and Spikes I don't care in what order. I just have a friend of mine who is a draft junkie and he swears that the fact that Spikes plays ILB and his character issues will make him a second round guy.

Ireland acutally does alot of scouting as well..Usally gm's dont do that ...I think Parcells does have the final say but Ireland has alot of input..Plus Parcells wanted Ireland for a reason.... I am sure Ireland is still being trained by Parcells as well..
I think we go D- linemen in the first round...
*Terrance Mounty Cody anyone?..
Or I think this could happen..Have Randy Starks put on some weight..about 20 pounds. Move him to nose tackle ..
Then you have Merling Starks Landford as starters..then we draft another DE or resign Mcdaniel..Take a OLB in the draft first round..
We are going defense 1st round no doubt..
Turner is still a work in progress
Hartline has shown promise

I love Brian Hartline and I agree that Turner is a work in progress, but i don't think either projects as a game breaker/playmaker. The homerun aspect to our offense is lacking and defenses know it. With Henne's rocket arm, I can forsee a time when our offense is structured like the Colts offense was when they had Edgerrin James and the year they won the Super Bowl. I think we have the ability to light it up OR play smash mouth, we need only add a piece or two. If not, I don't believe we are playing to our strengths.

i dont see us drafting another wr, after taking 2 last year. wr would be a 2 year project, and this team wants to contend next year. we need a #1 wr now, not one that is a question mark. wrs are such a huge gamble.

Back
Top Bottom