WR in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR in the draft

I dont know that Henne is ready to be going deep yet..

He has over thrown alot of open passes deep...

He can get better tho..I beilive he will get better at it

Parcells doesn't like taking WR early in the draft. Ok. But Parcells is not drafting our players. Jeff Ireland is. Parcells and Sparano will offer opinions certainly, but ultimately it rests with Ireland.

With that in mind, could we possibly try to draft Golden Tate from Notre Dame? Then take Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round? We solve 2 huge problems with our team with those 2 picks.

Golden Tate or Dez Bryant would be a smart move. We need a #1 WR or need to acquire a guy like Miles Austin. We could probably get a solid LB in round two.

If when Miami picks in the 1st round and both Bryant and Spikes are there.Who do you pick? Spikes will not make it out the 1st round.

If when Miami picks in the 1st round and both Bryant and Spikes are there.Who do you pick? Spikes will not make it out the 1st round.

Your sure about both of these guys?

Dez was inelligble for most of the year right?

Do you really wanna take a WR that high he has had that much time off..

Spikes is a beast but who knows he could fall..Inside linebackers fall all the time...Especially if he does not test well at the combine...

Everyone thought Poz would be a first rounder..Everyone was sure Laurnitis was a first rounder..Everyone though Rey Malauga was a first rounder..

History has shown most Inside linebackers go in 2nd to 3rd round range..

It really depends on if others need them too... Dominoe effect..
Rolando McClain may go first as he has 34 experience in college..he maybe a better fit

McClain isnt getting past Denver IMO.

Denver has done alot of weird things in the draft latley...

They have no 2nd so they may have to reach in the 1st round if they cant trade one of those 1st rounders..

If we don't get the much needed #1 WR in FA, I'd say without a doubt we gotta go for Dez Bryant. Tate is good, but Dez is a lot better, & posseses the ability to be an Andre Johnson/L. Fitzgerald type WR. Maybe not as good but close, or maybe he will be as good, either way he can be that big play guy, drawing double, possibly triple w/ the safety coverage, & either getting Bess, Ginn, Hartline, Camarillo (3 of the 4, not sure which 1 will be gone) open, & getting open himself a lot even with the coverage. IMO, Tate would just be another mediocre WR added to a mediocre WR core. I hope we can get Brandon Marshall, or even V. Jackson, if not, & it comes to the draft, the FO gotta pull the trigger & get us a big time WR in the 1st rd, & I think that Dez is the best by a good margin over the #2 prospect, who I believe is Damien Williams (USC) currently, which would also be good if we don't get Dez. But there's not much of a difference between a 1st rd & 2nd rd LB. There are exceptions, but not in this years draft. So if not addressed in FA, WR should be rd 1. If not, we're looking at another mediocre draft, with another mediocre WR drafted, leading to another mediocre season. We gotta bust out of this mediocre bubble that we've been in for the last DECADE. Sorry for using that word so much, but I see a lot of other posters use it, & we're all right by using that word to describe our team.

MIAMI = MEDIOCRE. We fit the definition to a tee, it's time to change that & become a contender for this next decade. A lot of this "developing" of average players zhit isn't working, it's just not. It's time we go hard & get a developed or nearly developed WR & LB this year. The DE, OL, S we need can come in the later rounds, or in FA. The #1 priority is WR. #2 is LB. We fill those 2 spots with not good or ok, but great players & we're at least a playoff team maybe more. No more mediocrisy. It's time for greatness again.

I think this should be moved to the draft forum, but to answer I don't think we need another speedy small WR. Im putting Dez Bryant and Jordan Shipley higher on my board. I think we need size over speed right now and a solid #1. I don't even know that we find that in either of these guys, but it may be worth a shot. If we did find a solid #1, who is the odd man out, Ginn, Hartline, Bess and Camarillo?? I know most are ready to throw Ginn to the dogs, but you cant teach speed and with a solid #1 he would be more of a deep threat. I think also they will have to evaluate if they can do anything in the FA market really depends on all this CBA mumbo jumbo too.

The odd man out depends on who we pick up. If we pick up a burner, then we can part with Ginn, or just use him as a full time kick returner. If not, we need Ginn to stretch the field and I think Bess should be the odd man out, especially if we can get good value for him. He makes a solid contribution, but I think we have seen the best we're going to get from him. He lacks speed, but has quickness and can get open on short routes. He has good, but not great hands. Camarillo has hands of glue and plays with Welker-like heart - he is too valuable to let go. Hartline has more speed than either Bess or Camarillo, and good upside. I would keep Bess as the 5th receiver if we can't get value for him, but otherwise I would trade him.

WRONG. Parcells let Ireland argue his case, but Parcells has the final say.

I don't think so, Parcells has already said he is no the GM or the HC, he is only there to give some advice, or give some help when asked. It could be all talk, but if you look at how the drafts and FA have gone, there is a lot of Ireland's signature on it.

We need a friggin playmaker on offense, these 16 play drives can't be the only way you score. to much can go wrong, turnovers, penalties.........

Dez Bryant will be long gone by the time the Fins draft. I don't see us taking another wideout after two last year, but who knows with Ireland. All I know is he better have a freaking improved draft this year after the 2009 draft debacle. Get some bodies and LB's who fly around. They have failed to upgrade inside LB in two years. The front 7 must be more stout and aggressive.

This team must sign a #1 WR but they won't be falling off trees either. Time to make a push for a guy they really want. A game changer.

Ireland acutally does alot of scouting as well..Usally gm's dont do that ...I think Parcells does have the final say but Ireland has alot of input..Plus Parcells wanted Ireland for a reason.... I am sure Ireland is still being trained by Parcells as well..
I think we go D- linemen in the first round...
*Terrance Mounty Cody anyone?..
Or I think this could happen..Have Randy Starks put on some weight..about 20 pounds. Move him to nose tackle ..
Then you have Merling Starks Landford as starters..then we draft another DE or resign Mcdaniel..Take a OLB in the draft first round..
We are going defense 1st round no doubt..
Turner is still a work in progress
Hartline has shown promise

No eff that!

Dez Bryant will be long gone by the time the Fins draft. I don't see us taking another wideout after two last year, but who knows with Ireland. All I know is he better have a freaking improved draft this year after the 2009 draft debacle. Get some bodies and LB's who fly around. They have failed to upgrade inside LB in two years. The front 7 must be more stout and aggressive.

This team must sign a #1 WR but they won't be falling off trees either. Time to make a push for a guy they really want. A game changer.

IDK why you are under the impression that teams let go of number 1 wide outs all willy nilly, but if you look this year it just isnt the case, A. Bryant and M. Floyd along with J. Avant. Those are not clear cut 1's in my book. A older receiver is not worth trading for when we have so many holes and a younger one can be taken with that pick. Another thing is if Dez will be long gone by 11-13 ish. who will take him?

Back
Top Bottom