WR Malik Washington | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Malik Washington

I still have hope that EZ can fill the role you are referring to. He just needs to be able to stay healthy but if he can, I think he has the size and skillset to be able to have an impact on throws to the sideline as well as making catches in the red zone.
Nothing wrong with your optimism in itself, but I would point out a couple things.

Your first sentence shows, in a nutshell, where optimism clashes with rationality. "Hope" is not a plan.

He hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy yet, so that wouldn't seem to be something one can count on to a high degree either.

Even if he does stay healthy, a big if at this point, he hasn't shown he has mastery of either the mental part of the game (read defenses/leverages properly), or the precise route running required for this scheme.

There's more to it that just being big and fast ish to being successful at this level. There have been countless examples of big, fast guys who couldn't cut it over the years

So I, respectfully, have to ask. What exactly gives you hope, aside from being "our" draft pick?

If I had to put a theme to this draft class, I would have to say it is toughness. Every guy they drafted plays with an edge. Even the offensive players like Patrick Paul play with an attitude. That is something that Miami has kind of lacked for a few seasons now.

Toughness without sacrificing the dynamic element. Great observation 🥂🐬

I assume they will still re connect with Boyds agent, agree that they could use a WR with size. Not that I have a problem with this pick.

Nothing wrong with your optimism in itself, but I would point out a couple things.

Your first sentence shows, in a nutshell, where optimism clashes with rationality. "Hope" is not a plan.

He hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy yet, so that wouldn't seem to be something one can count on to a high degree either.

Even if he does stay healthy, a big if at this point, he hasn't shown he has mastery of either the mental part of the game (read defenses/leverages properly), or the precise route running required for this scheme.

There's more to it that just being big and fast ish to being successful at this level. There have been countless examples of big, fast guys who couldn't cut it over the years

So I, respectfully, have to ask. What exactly gives you hope, aside from being "our" draft pick?
I won’t argue with you. While it is my HOPE EZ can stay healthy and fill that #3 WR position. I have also stated in several posts on this forum that I hope they sign a veteran WR to fill this need.

I am just looking at the WR’s they presently have on the roster when I express my hope that EZ is that guy. Maybe one of the other WR’s will surprise me and become an effective #3. We will just have to wait and see if they decide to stay with the status quo or they eventually sign Beckham or another veteran WR to be the teams third
WR.

I would love to see them sign Tyler Boyd but I think he is probably wanting far more money than they are willing to pay for a #3 WR. I think Boyd is looking to be paid what a #1 WR or at least a #2 WR is being paid around the league.

And the coach teaching him the nuances of being a slot is one of the best slots of all time...🙂
And the coach teaching him the nuances of being a slot is one of the best slots of all time...🙂
I actually would prefer to see Waddle or Hill play the slot when they go with three WR’s and hope that they can find another WR to play outside in that situation.

I think Malik Washington will be significantly better than Berrios as soon as he learns the playbook, and he already has his Master's, so I'm optimistic it will be early.

Wright and Malik Washington are immediate contributors in my eyes.
Not that it matters, but out of curiosity, in what field is his degree?

Back
Top Bottom