WR Problem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Problem?

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am just bored. And thinking out loud, but............Am I the only one REALLY concerned with our DEPTH at WR.
I don't see it talked about alot here, I don't know it's just over-looked, or so obvious that it's not even worth talking about but here is a our WR corps:

14 Madison, Tony WR 6-3 195 23 Kansas State
16 Mann, Maurice WR 6-2 191 22 Nevada
17 Davis, Josh WR 6-0 191 24 Marshall
19 Huggins, Luther WR 5-11 180 25 Central Florida
80 Newson, Kendall WR 6-2 197 25 Middle Tennessee St.
82 Gilmore, Bryan WR 6-1 195 26 Midwestern St.
83 Welker, Wes WR 5-9 190 23 Texas Tech
84 Chambers, Chris WR 6-0 210 26 Wisconsin
86 Booker, Marty WR 6-0 212 28 Louisiana-Monroe
87 Bellamy, Ronald WR 6-2 200 23 Michigan
88 Thompson, Derrius WR 6-2 215 26 Baylor

Look at the drop off in talent after Chambers and Booker, if that doesn't strike fear into you, I don't know what will.

And don't give the old "this rookie here will suprise" or "Gilmore or Thompson are gonna breakout"............blah blah blah.
This offense is screwed if either Booker or Cambers go down.

I really hope that Saban adds another veteran WR like Hakim or Boston, because yes we are weak after Chambers and Booker. However, I am not saying he is going to break out, BUT before his injury last Preseason, Newson was looking great and was actually the #2 WR(before the Booker trade).

Nublar7 said:
I really hope that Saban adds another veteran WR like Hakim or Boston, because yes we are weak after Chambers and Booker. However, I am not saying he is going to break out, BUT before his injury last Preseason, Newson was looking great and was actually the #2 WR(before the Booker trade).

exactly my thoughts

Yep...you've got a point. Not a particularly star-studded cast.

I would hope that we get Boston back. Newson is a good slot receiver if we don't pick up Boston again though. He was looking good last year before the trade.

no your not and although I am happy with the selection of Ronnie...my preference was for Braylong because of this. Remember when we had to get a certain retired star WR to play for us (Carter)....remember what our passing game looked like when CC had a concussion? If either CC or Booker gets injured.....we're screwed in the passing game and once again....I don't care if you have Ricky, Alexander, LT or Brown back there...running against 8 man fronts constantly blitzing is going to put the smack down on the running game as well.

So...I hope we pick up a decent WR to help out with depth there, plus Linehan's offense is more pass-oriented....which we're not set up for. Mediocre QB and 2 good WR's with a TE that excels when he wants to.

Nublar7 said:

What I am saying is if Booker or Chambers goes down I don't want to have to rely on Newsome. Right now we would. That's a problem.

pigskinguy said:
What I am saying is if Booker or Chambers goes down I don't want to have to rely on Newsome. Right now we would. That's a problem.

I agree big problem.

I would avoid Boston like the plague. Wait till June 1st and see who is out there before they make a move probably.

MikeO said:
I agree big problem.

I would avoid Boston like the plague. Wait till June 1st and see who is out there before they make a move probably.

Problem is, Boston might be our best option.

pigskinguy said:
Problem is, Boston might be our best option.

No he isn't. With his attitude, injuries, and off the field problems he is far from anyones best option.

When was his last good (let alone great) year??? 5..6 years ago. He's SHOT as a player.

MikeO said:
No he isn't. With his attitude, injuries, and off the field problems he is far from anyones best option.

When was his last good (let alone great) year??? 5..6 years ago. He's SHOT as a player.

Then who? Charles Lee? Az Hakim? No thank you.
Anyone know of a WR who may get cut June 1?

pigskinguy said:
Then who? Charles Lee? Az Hakim? No thank you.
Anyone know of a WR who may get cut June 1?

I would take either over Boston.

Boston doesn't produce enough to put up with all of the other BS around him.

jbond said:
no your not and although I am happy with the selection of Ronnie...my preference was for Braylong because of this. Remember when we had to get a certain retired star WR to play for us (Carter)....remember what our passing game looked like when CC had a concussion? If either CC or Booker gets injured.....we're screwed in the passing game and once again....I don't care if you have Ricky, Alexander, LT or Brown back there...running against 8 man fronts constantly blitzing is going to put the smack down on the running game as well.

So...I hope we pick up a decent WR to help out with depth there, plus Linehan's offense is more pass-oriented....which we're not set up for. Mediocre QB and 2 good WR's with a TE that excels when he wants to.

Most teams are going to experience a dropoff when their starters go down. Who can afford 4 or 5 elite WR's? Only Detroit I guess.

Back
Top Bottom