WR Tahj Washington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Tahj Washington

Stills and Grant could do some damage.

Just image them if: They never got hurt. They never dropped a pass. They were fantastic route runners. They showed an uncanny ability to find soft spots in a zone and present themselves as an open target to a QB in trouble. They were dirt cheap late round picks. They were humble, hungry, and eager to prove themselves.

Because folks, that is pretty much what we just drafted. Might not have as much long speed (but they have enough) and they are quick/fast/sudden/shifty/tough.

Miami's WR's are hilariously small 😭😭😭 omg

He is also good. Some similarities to Tank Dell. I didn't see him for Miami, because he's so small lol.

Whereas Malik is extremely physical and adds an element of ruggedness to the position even though he's short, Tahj is finesse. Extremely sharp and skilled. Like Malik, he's great after the catch - just a different style.

Want to clarify calling Tahj Washington finesse. He is scrappy AF and will get physical. I meant more the net outcome is more similar to a finesse WR than I WR you would consider a physical WR, because he weighs in the low 170s. He's tough, and he wants that smoke.

His strengths at the NFL level, though, will be in his quickness and instincts as a ball carrier, route runner, and ball tracker.

In a class, with Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Brian Thomas Jr, Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, etc., Tahj Washington was by FAR the most efficient deep threat in college football.

Of course, it helps when Caleb Williams is throwing the ball, but Nabers and Thomas Jr (who was 2nd in deep efficiency) had Daniels, who throws a great deep ball. And, of course, I didn't have Tahj rated ahead of any of those players. But, it highlights his smoothness, ball-tracking, and ability to separate deep.

I know he's a 7th Round pick, but I think Tua will look for him and grow to trust him. Both Malik and Tahj can move the chains and give you big plays. I'll be very surprised if Tahj fails to make the roster, particularly because he can play ST's.

Last edited:
"In a class, with Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Brian Thomas Jr, Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, etc., Tahj Washington was by FAR the most efficient deep threat in college football."

Folks just let that sink in for a minute. I know it is fashionable for some to talk about how Grier sucks. I know some of you wanted a big red zone WR.

I'm just going to say sometimes life presents you with lemons. If you know what you are doing lemonade doesn't have to be inferior to orange/apple/grape juice.

IMO forget WR. We need to be thinking more along the lines of safety/OG/DT in free agency

Back
Top Bottom