WTF? Ogunleye may seek trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF? Ogunleye may seek trade

I'm also not sure about this but if he sits out the entire season he becomes an RFA again next year.

He needs to play a certain amount of the season in order to have officially accrued 4 seasons in the league and the right to become an unrestricted free agent, as per the collective bargaining agreement.

Drew did the same thing with Portis. You guys act like youre suprised. Should he get paid? Yeah he should but he shouldnt get Jason Taylor like money, and if he does then i would trade him. You need to prove yourself with more then just one year and actually help stop the run. Drew is a dirty SOB, he called a bluff and said Seattle was gonna throw down 24 million for a signing bonus on the freak and they denied that rumor.

Originally posted by Jaj
Phinman he's saying a fact. He was insulting anyone, why are so many Dolfans quick to fire back with posts like that?

I was stating a fact as well.

But this thread is about the Phins not the Jills.

Originally posted by KillerDolphins
Drew did the same thing with Portis. You guys act like youre suprised. Should he get paid? Yeah he should but he shouldnt get Jason Taylor like money, and if he does then i would trade him. You need to prove yourself with more then just one year and actually help stop the run. Drew is a dirty SOB, he called a bluff and said Seattle was gonna throw down 24 million for a signing bonus on the freak and they denied that rumor.

That's true, drew acts like wally has had like 3 good season's. it was only one good year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Jill fans... how about trading #1's and your best WR for Wally? Whats his name? Moulds? Yeah... thats the ticket!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Yeah if he holds out he's still a RFA next year again and we'll do the same thing to him.

Bottom line, we WILL get a 1st rd pick for him or nothing. Get over it Drew.

Yeah CK, you're correct he has to play a minimum of games to be eligible for his next year of service and would still be a RFA, so let him sit if he thinks he has leverage and then we'll tag him again.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm also not sure about this but if he sits out the entire season he becomes an RFA again next year.

He needs to play a certain amount of the season in order to have officially accrued 4 seasons in the league and the right to become an unrestricted free agent, as per the collective bargaining agreement.

Six games makes it an accrued season. Any less, then he would remain a FFA. But i don't think that will happen tho.

Originally posted by upsman

That's true, drew acts like wally has had like 3 good season's. it was only one good year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let Mike Eskew see that avatar!! :lol: :lol: :D

I would trade you our number 1 for Ogunleye.... but I seem to be the only one who would do it at the Bills message boards.

Originally posted by justafan
I wouldn't call the fins cheap. They spent a boatload for Feely and Fiedler.

PAINFULLY TRUE.

I cant wait till the day that Wale realizes that he was that good this year BECAUSE JASON TAYLOR WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE!!! JEEZ! Im not saying Wale isnt good cause he is... but he wouldnt have been THAT good if JT wasnt taking double/triple teams! JT left that other side wide open for sacks.. and JT STILL got a lot of sacks! What was it 14?? (Cant remember the exact number).

why are the only people making sense in this thread the bills fans?

i agree with CW and clump (again).... at this point we should just keep him and PAY HIM ALREADY. its too late in FA to trade him for whatever. keep him another year, and if we have a good replacement lined up then, THEN we can trade him for picks and whatnot - it makes more sense to trade for picks WAYY before the draft... when you do it a month or a couple of weeks before the draft, draft picks have more weight and are harder to get.

as of now, we should keep him - we'd be selling ourselves out if we got rid of him now...

Back
Top Bottom