WTF was the medical staff thinking? (WADE) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF was the medical staff thinking? (WADE)

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Erik Spoelstra was working out Wade 2 hours before game time (DAMN..Erik can BALL...that guy can shoot AND MOVE!)

I saw the workout......

Erik moved hard left...with Wade guarding him.....he looked good....Erik moved hard right...with Wade guarding him.....he looked good.....

They then ran drills where Wade ran around a fake pick and Spoelstra D'd him up and Wade was required to drive hard right, then crossover and shoot a 18 footer.....Wade made 7 out 8 shots doing that drill.

They then did layup drills.....on the last one...Wade dunked it hard and hollered...WOOOO!!!!

Wade then told SVG that he was ready to go....Erik told SVG that Wade was ready to go......SVG then planned on using him for 30 minutes....just in case....the HEAT medical staff then REFUSED to sign off on him playing......SVG went with the medical staff's decision...

Eric Reid reported that Wade was pretty mad about the Staff not signing off....Wade was heard to say..."This is BULL*HIT!!!!...I can Play!"

What happened? Was SVG arrogant enough or stupid enough to try to close out a defending champion on their floor without your best player?

Doesn't matter anyway though...HEAT win GAME 7 BIG.

i agree with the heat winning game 7 and then getting beat by SA. detroit should have closed out the series tonight. oh well

The Heat will win game 7 no doubt. Eddie Jones,Damon,Butler all of those guys cant create an offence by themselves they need someone to create shots for them. Just having Wade on the court makes them all 10x better players.

Section I'm sure that every single detail of Wade's injury wasnt revealed to the media....unless you were in that locker room, you have no idea what the real deal is. There probably was more to the story.

The Heat have their full medical staff available for playoff games, and they have more of a clue about this stuff than you do. Ron Culp and his crew are the best in the business. He's been around forever.

No matter how you dice it....warm-up speed with an assistant coach does not translate to game speed with lindsey hunter.

You pay coaches and medical staff to make the decisions of the safety and effectiveness of the players. You know that Wade was pretty damn hurt if a doctor didnt clear him for a huge playoff game. Most players in the playoffs will want to go out there at all costs, regardless of how they are performing and how healthy they are.

Talk to former Red Sox skipper Grady Little about what happens when you listen to your players rather than doing your job.

So is Wade playing in game 7? I heard today that he might miss it but that's all I've heard. You guys down there in Miami should know more about it.

If Wade doesnt play the Heat are finished. He has to atleast try and play, no matter how bad the injury is imo

DonShula84 said:
If Wade doesnt play the Heat are finished. He has to atleast try and play, no matter how bad the injury is imo

I agree. IMO Wade is to his team like Vick is to his. If Vick or Wade both make their teams play better when they are out there.

Wade better play in game 7, but from everything I've read...he badly wanted to play last night but the medical staff wouldn't sign him off. Tomorrow is do or die, the season is on the line for the very first time. There will not be a second chance. Sorry, but we're not beating Detroit without Wade tomorrow night unless the officials give us a serious nod. We really don't have a choice but to play Wade.

I'll be there tomorrow night, and I'd be pissed to see Wade walk out there in a suit.

maybe wade didn't play because the nba wanted a game 7. rasheed might be on to something.

TerryTate said:
Section I'm sure that every single detail of Wade's injury wasnt revealed to the media....unless you were in that locker room, you have no idea what the real deal is. There probably was more to the story.

The Heat have their full medical staff available for playoff games, and they have more of a clue about this stuff than you do. Ron Culp and his crew are the best in the business. He's been around forever.

No matter how you dice it....warm-up speed with an assistant coach does not translate to game speed with lindsey hunter.

You pay coaches and medical staff to make the decisions of the safety and effectiveness of the players. You know that Wade was pretty damn hurt if a doctor didnt clear him for a huge playoff game. Most players in the playoffs will want to go out there at all costs, regardless of how they are performing and how healthy they are.

Talk to former Red Sox skipper Grady Little about what happens when you listen to your players rather than doing your job.

Terry......I have seen workouts of injured players before football games....and I have seen workouts of injured basketball players before games....and I can tell you that Wade's workout was the type of workout that you look at and say...."Okay...what's wrong with him?"

I am just saying that his workout was impressive and he wanted to play....the injury is a rib sprain.....

A rib sprain only gets sore if pushed....it doesn't develope into a more serious injury....especially since he was going to wear a flack jacket.....

You know what I think? I think somebody associated with the HEAT was arrogant enough to attempt to close out the defending champs on their floor without our best player......which dissapoints me.

No matter.....a willis reed moment is coming....along with a 33 point 8 rebound 8 assist performance....to go with a HEAT victory and a drunken stupor by me.

Section126 said:
Terry......I have seen workouts of injured players before football games....and I have seen workouts of injured basketball players before games....and I can tell you that Wade's workout was the type of workout that you look at and say...."Okay...what's wrong with him?"

I am just saying that his workout was impressive and he wanted to play....the injury is a rib sprain.....

A rib sprain only gets sore if pushed....it doesn't develope into a more serious injury....especially since he was going to wear a flack jacket.....

You know what I think? I think somebody associated with the HEAT was arrogant enough to attempt to close out the defending champs on their floor without our best player......which dissapoints me.

No matter.....a willis reed moment is coming....along with a 33 point 8 rebound 8 assist performance....to go with a HEAT victory and a drunken stupor by me.

It's a person by person project with injuries....each body handles injuries different. Just because you've seen someone bounce back right away from a certain injury doesnt mean wade should bounce back immediately. And you are still operating off of what the media has told you...a rib sprain...thats like believing everything the dolphins told you throughout the season last year....how much of that stuff was true and how much of it was bs? It's probably worse of an injury than claimed to be if it normally isnt as bad like you are saying it is....

Just out of curiosity....where did you see his entire workout? was it on SunSports or were you at the PAlace of Auburn Hills?

TerryTate said:
It's a person by person project with injuries....each body handles injuries different. Just because you've seen someone bounce back right away from a certain injury doesnt mean wade should bounce back immediately. And you are still operating off of what the media has told you...a rib sprain...thats like believing everything the dolphins told you throughout the season last year....how much of that stuff was true and how much of it was bs? It's probably worse of an injury than claimed to be if it normally isnt as bad like you are saying it is....

Just out of curiosity....where did you see his entire workout? was it on SunSports or were you at the PAlace of Auburn Hills?

I had the Sat video of Sun Sports.....the camera just stays in the view of the court as if the game is going on....the view came on 2 hours before game time...and you can here the guys in the truck saying "Okay...get this shot...Oh....get that shot....." For use in their pre-game show.

The workout was impressive....and I gotta say that Erik Spoelstra is one helluva basketball player....

On Sun Sports though...they did show a couple of clips of his workout...and the clips were impressive also....

Like I said....the guy freakin dunked in a workout....

Section126 said:
I had the Sat video of Sun Sports.....the camera just stays in the view of the court as if the game is going on....the view came on 2 hours before game time...and you can here the guys in the truck saying "Okay...get this shot...Oh....get that shot....." For use in their pre-game show.

The workout was impressive....and I gotta say that Erik Spoelstra is one helluva basketball player....

On Sun Sports though...they did show a couple of clips of his workout...and the clips were impressive also....

Like I said....the guy freakin dunked in a workout....

Wade said he had no prob moving straight ahead just side to side so maybe thats why he could still dunk.

Doesn't matter anyway though...HEAT win GAME 7 BIG.

I think it's time for you to stop making silly predictions, we saw how Heat in 5 worked out :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom