wth nfl incognito wasn't that bad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wth nfl incognito wasn't that bad

Ok so Ritchie Incognito bullys a 300llb offensive linemen, and he is the scourge of the league. Incognito get suspended indefinatly while the media turns it into the biggest scandal to hit sports. He was demonized, and verbally beaten down by every commentator in the media. It was huge media blitz and he is a sign of whats wrong with the league.
Ray Rice beats up a 110llb woman, and everyone wants to support him in his time of trouble. This is just crap. Bully a 300llb man who makes his living hitting people and you deserve to be drummed out of the league by the media. Beat up a 120llb woman and you get a 2 game suspension and the media rallys around you in support during your time of need. Am i the only one that sees a double standard and a problem here? Which person is in more of a position to defend themselves against the aggressor the 120llb woman of the 300llb man?

It is disgraceful that Rice got away with it with so little punishment, as we all hopefully know, you don't hit a women. When you can bench 300-400 pounds, moving a 110 pound woman out of the way and leaving should not be that big an issue.

Then again, Martin is less likely and able to protect himself, is far more emotional, and a much bigger snake then any 110 pound woman could ever be, The league probably took more pity on him then any women.

I agree that there was a media circus leading to a one-sided version of the Martin vs. Incognito/Jerry/Pouncey situation. But, those were multiple events over a long period of time that took place among teammates often in team activities.

The Ray Rice thing is part of the NFL's long standing decision to weigh negative events less harshly when they happen in the player's personal lives outside of football. Given the exceedingly high amount of problems NFL players have with the law outside of football, the NFL would have a players revolt if they tried to change that stance now.

Yeah, that's why Terrelle Pryor gets suspended for 5 games in the NFL for selling memorabilia in college? Domestic Violence is not the same as firing up a doobie or getting into a bar fight. If the NFL won't come down symbolically addressing it with harsh remedies, then why go through the charade of wearing pink during breast cancer awareness month? After all, they both have proved deadly to women.

Back to Pryor, if Czar Roger (who's proven the most worthless of commissioners) is so concerned about protecting the 'integrity" of the league by not allowing Pryor to leave the NCAA in order to subvert his punishment, how much integrity does the league hold dear by essentially turning a blind eye to domestic violence and spousal abuse? It's all a crock of crap - going back to destroying the Cheatriot videos before they ever saw the light of day. A crooked pretzel has nothing on Goodell!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the racial slurs in the text messages that got him black listed for sure.

Ray Rice should of been suspended for the season. Just ridiculous.

Browner is missing the first 4 Patriot games because he missed an NFL drug test while playing in the CFL.

The whole thing is crazy, but I don't think it's a secret that Roger likes the Ravens among a few others

It was the racial slurs in the text messages that got him black listed for sure.

Ray Rice should of been suspended for the season. Just ridiculous.

Browner is missing the first 4 Patriot games because he missed an NFL drug test while playing in the CFL.

The whole thing is crazy, but I don't think it's a secret that Roger likes the Ravens among a few others

Martin was just as guilty in the text message exchange, I say **** to friends via text and voicemail that I would never say in the workplace but that doesn't mean I'm a piece of **** or remotely sexist, racist or hate anyone. Two friends bantering via a text is perfectly acceptable, Martin is every bit as guilty in this case as Incognito. I don't feel bad for him or Incgo.

Incog was a dude who never grew out of his frat boy mentality and it caught up with him. He needs help and needs to sort through his demons to get his own life in order. Incog has a history and that was what got him put in TV timeout, if Martin has the same problems in the NFL locker room again, no team will ever touch him after San Fran and Martin should seek to understand his problems as well, he is just as weak minded and has his own share of problems.

As for my buddies, the Media, they have no stake at all in what they report, no responsibility or accountability. They just find a story and dig and dig and dig until the Nations ADD kicks in and we move on, then they toss it out like trash but fail to realize they left a wake of burning rubble behind for the people affected by the stories to put out. The media doesn't give a **** about Martin or Incognito, they don't care about Ray Rice, they might half care about Rice's wife but since she has forgiven him and isn't pressed charges even that seems unlikely because there isn't a story to be had.

It really is a sad state of affairs in he press these days, no shock = I don't give a ****. Ray is a sincere guy and he ****ed up, the difference between Ray and Richie is the fact the Ray is likable, well spoken, groomed and grounded, Richie is short tempered, rough around the edges and outspoken. So that equals 310lb man bully > wife beater and that is sad to be honest.

Name me one person in the media who tried to offer help to anyone of these people openly, yet the people who need the help are the ones who are painted as the bad guys when really they are screaming for help but most just judge and turn a blind eye and move along. You tell me who the bad guys really are.

Incognito has not been suspended by the league. People don't want him because he's a drunk and a psycho and not very good at his job. It just turns out that is the opinion of every team. A whole bunch of Dolphins fans still wanted him, though. You can always count on Dolphins fans.

Nice that your "take" on the Ray Rice suspension was that Richie was the victim, though. That's having your priorities in the right place. Not that Rice should have been thrown in jail, or in any case suspended longer -- much longer. Your thoughts drift to poor Richie. Poor, poor Richie.

Actually as it turned out, all of the main players were more "perpetrators" than "victims." And that's despite Martin's mama releasing one out of a thousand texts out of context to inflame racial sensitivities (as it turned out by racists since I see some of the same "his penalty is just" for Rice as I did "suspend Incog" immediately on the basis of that one text by the same jackals including Wilbon). Racism is onerous but there's always that component and the reality is that it goes both ways. If Rice were Caucasian, you can't convince me that many of those same hypocrites wouldn't be calling for his tarring and feathering...and Steve Smith's gut reaction would have been "I don't care how much they provoke you, you should never hit a woman!." I know this is not PC, but for anybody who doesn't only watch public TV, sadly it's reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what we call bias. The media hates the dolphins. I was more upset that no one talked about it when it happened. Thats why goodell did what he did IMO. No fair and balanced media whatsoever.

So thats what you get. unfair assesment of the situation.

...I feel like we've had this discussion before. Have we had it before? Lemme look...

still wondering why no one wants to bad mouth ray rice.

Yup. And my answer remains the same:

For the sake of hilarity, i decided to do a quick search on Ray Rice. Heres some of the topics i came across in something like 30 seconds:

My problem with Ray Rice news conference...

There were plenty of awkward moments during Ray Rice's news conference Friday, from the Baltimore Ravens running back saying "failure is not getting knocked down" (not the best choice of words for someone accused of knocking out his wife) to the times he nervously fumbled through his notes on his cell phone.

A few days removed from the news conference, my biggest problem with it was what Rice didn't say. He never apologized to his wife.

Rice apologized to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, general manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh -- none of whom were in attendance. Somehow, he excluded the woman sitting to his right through this disastrous media session. Maybe he simply forgot. But this should have been at the top of his list of talking points.

This was the time for Rice to take accountability.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/9998/another-major-misstep-by-rice-rice

Ray Rice is an asshole and the Ravens couldn't care less

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/23/5745888/ray-rice-wife-apology-assault-domestic-violence-ravens

Rice Deserves Criticism; Ravens, Too

http://news.wypr.org/post/rice-deserves-criticism-ravens-too

John Harbaugh’s resolute message rings hollow regarding Ravens’ off-field incidents...

The press conference, and its general responses, were highly managed (no questions were allowed), but the team took a great deal of well-deserved flak for this missive from the Ravens’ official Twitter account:...

Presented out of context, it appeared that the team was trying to shift blame to the individual who was knocked out in the incident. This wasn’t helped by a story on the team’s official website in which a recap of the press conference brought up the subject of Ray Lewis’ alleged involvement in a double murder years ago, and how long it took Lewis to “change the narrative.” That story also referred to Mrs. Rice’s apology for her role in the incident, and made sure to say more than once that the security video which caught the incident was “grainy.” Rice, who didn’t apologize to his wife at the press conference, seemed to been seen as a temporary penitent in the court of public opinion, but hey, narratives are made to be broken.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/30/john-harbaugh-ray-rice-baltimore-ravens-off-field-incidents/

Message sent? Justin Forsett takes reps over Ray Rice

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-sent-justin-forsett-takes-reps-over-ray-rice

It should be noted that the "Message sent" article was written after the "Couldnt care less" article. Also, i didnt even attempt to dig back to when the video was first released, though i know for a fact that people wrote scathing editorials on Rice. Not that the objections were limited to articles from the dastardly media(!!!!), others were quick to take shots as well:

20140220RayRice-1.png

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/time-to-burn-those-jerseys/

But hey, the media is too focused on Pouncey to bad mouth Ray Rice :sidelol:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...ut-over-bullygate&p=1065090919#post1065090919

Anyways, i have yet to see "the media" rally behind Ray Rice. The opposite in fact, the general consensus is hes scum and the NFL is scum for allowing it. Another quick search results in...

Rice being compared to an evil man.

Donald Sterling vs. Ray Rice: Compare and contrast
Why do hateful words result in a lifetime ban but domestic abuse only warrant a two-game suspension?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...e-1.1887635?cid=radiumOne#i8fKk0tVX1CpplBm.99

Goodell being called on to quit for failing to properly punish Rice.

Keith Olbermann: 'Roger Goodell must resign' over Ray Rice punishment

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/2/5962037/keith-olbermann-roger-goodell-ray-rice-punishment

The Daily show slamming the league over its laughable suspension.

A League of Condone.

Ravens running back Ray Rice beats his then-fiancee on camera, causing the NFL to "punish" him accordingly. (5:19)

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/igkhfw/a-league-of-condone

And...actually, im just going to wrap this up, i could keep linking the very easily accessible articles but thats not going to stop peoples persecution complex from running wild. So:

But hey, the media is too focused on Incognito the bad mouth Ray Rice :sidelol:

Actually as it turned out, all of the main players were more "perpetrators" than "victims." And that's despite Martin's mama releasing one out of a thousand texts out of context to inflame racial sensitivities (as it turned out by racists since I see some of the same "his penalty is just" for Rice as I did "suspend Incog" immediately on the basis of that one text by the same jackals including Wilbon). Racism is onerous but there's always that component and the reality is that it goes both ways. If Rice were Caucasian, you can't convince me that many of those same hypocrites wouldn't be calling for his tarring and feathering...and Steve Smith's gut reaction would have been "I don't care how much they provoke you, you should never hit a woman!." I know this is not PC, but for anybody who doesn't only watch public TV, sadly it's reality.

I'm on record. You want to act like a man, don't get mad when you are treated like a man.

I've been married for going on 19 years now, and my wife has never hit me, nor I her.
We have a thing called "Respect" and we're grown folks. I don't understand how people
think it's ok to put hands on another person in anger, and not expect to be dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom