Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wynn’s former OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia

There's something that we all forget sometimes ......when a player has so many injuries we should not expect him to all of a sudden stay healthy but what's more, can the player ever go back to be as good as he was before the injuries?

A guy can get healthy again but missing all those games hurt his development as a player. We can hope that he stays healthy but even if he does is not a guarantee that he'll regain his form that made him a 1st round pick.

Hoping for the best of course but not holding my breath.
I have to say, reading the blow by blow account of his 2022 season he was essentially the worst T in football. Shell was Jake Long compared to him if you put stock in PFF rankings. Perhaps it was injuries but their coach suggested it is mental w the Twilight Zone comment.

There's something that we all forget sometimes ......when a player has so many injuries we should not expect him to all of a sudden stay healthy but what's more, can the player ever go back to be as good as he was before the injuries?

A guy can get healthy again but missing all those games hurt his development as a player. We can hope that he stays healthy but even if he does is not a guarantee that he'll regain his form that made him a 1st round pick.

2020, I posted elsewhere I’d offer Scarnecchia a deal…5 million per year..to coach the OLine for 2 years, the. Dante could then move to the Villages and kick back. One of the best ever. Ask Tom Brady.

2020, I posted elsewhere I’d offer Scarnecchia a deal…5 million per year..to coach the OLine for 2 years, the. Dante could then move to the Villages and kick back. One of the best ever. Ask Tom Brady.
2020 sure was a rough year for the Ol' Hoodie, losing Scarnecchia and Brady, now that's a pandemic! By the way, with the STD rates in the Villages I doubt Dante would be doing much kicking back

Not holding my breath either, but at $2.3M he's worth a flyer.

Dante Scarnecchia is one of the biggest reasons for Belichick's success in New England. He's probably the best O-line coach in NFL history. If Dante thinks that Isaiah is savable, that's good news for the Miami Dolphins.
While I agree Scarnecchia is one of the best OL coaches in NFL history. I still consider Monte Clark the best OL coach in NFL history. He basically took a group of overlooked and underrated offensive linemen and developed them into the best offensive line in the league in the early 1970’s.

I have to say, reading the blow by blow account of his 2022 season he was essentially the worst T in football. Shell was Jake Long compared to him if you put stock in PFF rankings. Perhaps it was injuries but their coach suggested it is mental w the Twilight Zone comment.
On a positive note, he'll fit right in! Seriously, Miami can always cut him if he doesn't perform. I'm assuming the contract is close to the minimum.

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

While I agree Scarnecchia is one of the best OL coaches in NFL history. I still consider Monte Clark the best OL coach in NFL history. He basically took a group of overlooked and underrated offensive linemen and developed them into the best offensive line in the league in the early 1970’s.
And as a HC he had the Lions playing above their talent level at times. Anyone remember him praying in the playoff game at SF as Eddie Murray lined up for the GW FG vs Montana and gang? Of course he missed! What a funny scene that was though.

Back
Top Bottom