Xavien Howard Extension? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Extension?

any talks on this?

I was thinking of cutting Andre Branch & letting JuWan James walk(hopefully getting a comp pick for that) & put that money into Xavien Howard...Kiko is also on the bubble for me with Baker waiting in the wings to play linebacker & will be ready year 2.

Parker also could be cut/traded. his 5th year option was picked up but they cut easily cut him if he doesn't show something this year.

1. You can’t cut Kiko or Branch this year. The cap hit won’t allow it to make sense. After season, probably.

2. Howard cannot be offered an extension until after this season. That’s just the rule on rookie deals.

3. James, when healthy, is a very good RT. You might not want to dismiss that too quickly.

Np rush on X, if I know the Phins he won't be going anywhere.....that's a deal that will get done regardless. Question is, what's the going rate for a good CB these days?

We absolutely should be in discussion with Xavien on an extension. The benefit of locking up a player a year early is that you should get a below market deal. The problem is Tannenbaum is our GM. We will probably extend him early and overpay him like we did with Bobby McCain.

Back
Top Bottom