XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

XTRA 570 is SAN DIEGO REPORTS POSSIBLE TRADE WITH SD FOR PHILLIP RIVERS

TheMadPorpoise said:
You are wrong. Griese led the Broncos to the playoffs in 2000 where they were clobbered by the eventual Super Bowl Champion Ravens, as well as making the Pro Bowl that year. I'm not saying Griese is a great QB, just that he is a pretty good QB and was the fall guy in Denver. He's not in Denver any more, and how are they doing??? Same ole same ole.

And if Griese can have good numbers on a bad team, that must account for something because we started four QBs last year on a bad team and none of them could put up good numbers.
WRONG! Griese played 10 games in 2000. Got hurt, never played in the playoffs. When he went down, the team got hot made a late season run with the back-up. Griese NEVER played in a playoff game in Denver! He never led them to the playoffs.

And at least Denver is in the playoffs on a regular basis. During the Griese era they only went once (2000) and he had nothnig to do with it.

You know if we did this trade we could afford to get Edge or Alexander for maybe a 2nd next year..... because Rivers contract is low cap hit and surtain would be gone...

Jaj said:
We have more talent than SD did last year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drew Brees is better than AJ Feeley.

LaDainian Tomlinson is better than Travis Minor and Sammy Morris put together.

Name any offensive position and I GUARANTEE you that SD has a better player.

We have HAD IT with wannyball and "defense wins championships" . Hasn't won any for us lately, has it? Time to get

OFFENSIVE SKILL-POSITION TALENT

like most other teams with coaches who have actual intelligence always do.

dolphingator said:

We have HAD IT with wannyball and "defense wins championships" . Hasn't won any for us lately, has it? Time to get

:allhail: THANK YOU!

MikeO said:
WRONG! Griese played 10 games in 2000. Got hurt, never played in the playoffs. When he went down, the team got hot made a late season run with the back-up. Griese NEVER played in a playoff game in Denver! He never led them to the playoffs.

And at least Denver is in the playoffs on a regular basis. During the Griese era they only went once (2000) and he had nothnig to do with it.

I stand corrected. Griese did not play in their playoff loss. But saying Griese had nothing to do with them getting to the playoffs that year is nuts. He threw 19 TDs and 4 INTs in ten games with a rating of 102.9. Granted, the team got hot the last six games when he was out, but that doesn't mean that the team benefitted from his absence. Frerotte threw 9 TDs and 8 INTs in Griese's absence.

I'm not painting Griese up to be a great QB, but you are just being exceptionally hard on the guy. We've had lousy QBs under Wannstedt, i.e. Fiedler, Lucas, and Feeley. Griese was the best QB we had in Wanny's four year reign of incompetence.

Hear ye the TRUTH:

Defense never wins ANY championships unless OFFENSE gets defense TO the championship game in the first place.

TheMadPorpoise said:
I stand corrected. Griese did not play in their playoff loss. But saying Griese had nothing to do with them getting to the playoffs that year is nuts. He threw 19 TDs and 4 INTs in ten games with a rating of 102.9. Granted, the team got hot the last six games when he was out, but that doesn't mean that the team benefitted from his absence. Frerotte threw 9 TDs and 8 INTs in Griese's absence.

I'm not painting Griese up to be a great QB, but you are just being exceptionally hard on the guy. We've had lousy QBs under Wannstedt, i.e. Fiedler, Lucas, and Feeley. Griese was the best QB we had in Wanny's four year reign of incompetence.

3 teams in 3 years. Good players don't bounce around like that. If the guy was good Tampa wouldn't be looking to move up and take a QB this year! :shakeno:

dolphingator said:

I agree with that statement for the most part but I'd definitely take Chambers over McCardell.

Jaj said:
If San Diego throws in another pick, like their late 2nd it would be a good deal.

At 12 most probably Cedric Benson is likely to be available the way things are shaping up. Either him, one of the top 3 CBs, I really doubt Merriman I think he'll go to Minnesota and become their RDE, Spears might or might not, and probably the worst possibility would be Thomas Davis.

You really think Minny will take a DL with their 1st 2 years in a row? :confused:

SpeedRush99 said:
You really think Minny will take a DL with their 1st 2 years in a row? :confused:

It's about the only thing they could take other than Williamson. I really doubt that RB rumor is true.

Back
Top Bottom